Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 04:52 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,323,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hands, walking thru the streets of soho in the rain
Stay away from him. He'll rip your lungs out, Jim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 08:24 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Good end point. I believe that humans controlled beasts so as to make people believe it was them in other form. Actual morphing, leaves me skeptical on that count. However,, some things I have seen leaves me believing the control that can be exerted upon beasts, is formidable. And bordering paranormal.
Or, they would cloak themselves in the skins etc. of beasts to intimidate etc.

Jaguar warriors in South America for example.

When you are being slaughtered by powerful warriors that look like half man - half beast.....not to mention PTSD etc. whats a person to think?

Old 02-05-2016, 08:38 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,187 times
No, but I have a student, age 13, who does. She was really upset when I showed her research that indicated that it was folklore, urban myth, whatever. Her expression was priceless (or sad, depending on what one thinks of 'werewolves'). Then she tried to 'cover' herself when she called a picture of a wolf a werewolf and I reminded her that it was a 'wolf'- she protested, "That's how I say wolf!". She has pink hair and cannot read beyond kindergarten level, so I understand her confusion ...somewhat. I also caught her lying to another teacher the following day, saying she had done an assignment, but when I looked at her paper, there was nothing written on it. I have sympathy for her because she has severe learning disabilities and sadly believes she is hiding them. I have my work cut out for me. These 'beliefs' just make it more challenging.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:57 PM

7,708 posts, read 5,449,758 times
I certainly do not believe in werewolves, and in a related matter, I do very much look forward to the demise of the current full-bearded fad.

Blech.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:55 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,389,324 times
Default Marines?

Pure nonsense. It is Bigfoot whom often gets mistaken for a Wolfman. The timid creature is often mistaken ,yes, but this is alright Bigfeet want to remain concealed. Like the Amish they do not want modern culture
and just want to be left alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No.

Shapeshifters of legend and folklore were not anything like the creatures you describe. Read this book: The Beast Within: A History of the Werewolf Robot Check Apologies for the horrid cover, but it really is a great book.

The closest modern-day equivalent to the true werewolves of history are brotherhoods like the Marine Corps, Navy Seals, Green Beret, etc. Same concept.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:39 AM

13,481 posts, read 9,022,590 times
In a word, no...

Old 02-06-2016, 08:23 AM

5,770 posts, read 3,220,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynite1114 View Post
Hello everyone.

I'd rather not make a poll for this, since there could potentially be many answers. It is not simply a Yes or No question. Some people have mixed and/or many opinions about such a question like this. Do you believe in the existence of Werewolves? Half man, half wolf. (I.E my profile picture).

Personally, I think they are real to a certain extent. They're not the bloodthirsty killers that go out on full moons. They're pretty much normal people that live with a shapeshifting superpower. That is my opinion. Although science can argue this, science can argue biblical (Holy Bible) events that seem like BS as well (like the red sea parting or Jesus reviving himself). Anyways, I'm going a bit too in depth with this paragraph.

What do y'all think? Do you believe in Lycanthropes (Werewolves)?
There's nothing mythical about it. It's called hypertrichosis.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:34 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,598,275 times
no I don't, next question??

Old 02-06-2016, 12:53 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,062,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynite1114 View Post
Hello everyone.

I'd rather not make a poll for this, since there could potentially be many answers. It is not simply a Yes or No question. Some people have mixed and/or many opinions about such a question like this. Do you believe in the existence of Werewolves? Half man, half wolf. (I.E my profile picture).

Personally, I think they are real to a certain extent. They're not the bloodthirsty killers that go out on full moons. They're pretty much normal people that live with a shapeshifting superpower. That is my opinion. Although science can argue this, science can argue biblical (Holy Bible) events that seem like BS as well (like the red sea parting or Jesus reviving himself). Anyways, I'm going a bit too in depth with this paragraph.

What do y'all think? Do you believe in Lycanthropes (Werewolves)?
Um, sure. And vampires and Santa Claus and the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny and Jesus too.

OP, I hope you are about 9 years old ... otherwise .

Old 02-06-2016, 01:07 PM

16,663 posts, read 17,426,834 times
I used to be a werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal