U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 08:00 PM

64 posts, read 51,240 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.

I'd rather not make a poll for this, since there could potentially be many answers. It is not simply a Yes or No question. Some people have mixed and/or many opinions about such a question like this. Do you believe in the existence of Werewolves? Half man, half wolf. (I.E my profile picture).

Personally, I think they are real to a certain extent. They're not the bloodthirsty killers that go out on full moons. They're pretty much normal people that live with a shapeshifting superpower. That is my opinion. Although science can argue this, science can argue biblical (Holy Bible) events that seem like BS as well (like the red sea parting or Jesus reviving himself). Anyways, I'm going a bit too in depth with this paragraph.

What do y'all think? Do you believe in Lycanthropes (Werewolves)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 04:58 AM

16,329 posts, read 20,664,045 times
No.

Shapeshifters of legend and folklore were not anything like the creatures you describe. Read this book: The Beast Within: A History of the Werewolf Robot Check Apologies for the horrid cover, but it really is a great book.

The closest modern-day equivalent to the true werewolves of history are brotherhoods like the Marine Corps, Navy Seals, Green Beret, etc. Same concept.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No.

Shapeshifters of legend and folklore were not anything like the creatures you describe. Read this book: The Beast Within: A History of the Werewolf Robot Check Apologies for the horrid cover, but it really is a great book.

The closest modern-day equivalent to the true werewolves of history are brotherhoods like the Marine Corps, Navy Seals, Green Beret, etc. Same concept.
Lol, well then I guess it's no wonder as to why the U.S wins so many wars.

OH DANG, I'm moving to Aberdeen Maryland. That's a military town. Should I expect to find any Werewolf brotherhoods?

Old 02-05-2016, 06:40 AM

16,329 posts, read 20,664,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynite1114 View Post
Lol, well then I guess it's no wonder as to why the U.S wins so many wars.

OH DANG, I'm moving to Aberdeen Maryland. That's a military town. Should I expect to find any Werewolf brotherhoods?
If that's anywhere near Annapolis, you'll be surrounded.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If that's anywhere near Annapolis, you'll be surrounded.
Nah... it's in Harford County.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:30 AM

14,131 posts, read 11,571,543 times
The. American Indians believed in them, and many tri es still do. Skin walkers were/are very real to many Indian tribes.. Certain places they won't even go, even in these modern times because of such beliefs, and many others besides Indians have been spooked off these areas as well. I have a couple VERY highly educated Indian. friends, who won't even go near certain places, because of skinwalker and other phenomenona.

Their legends vary quite a bit from European type legends of werewolves and such. I actually find them more believable, in many ways. Both have been theorized to have been surviving cryptids. Pleistocene type predators.still roaming about. That's a possibility, I suppose. Descriptions given by people who claim to have seen the creatures match up with such animals. Other things are not so easily explained. Believe or not. I've experienced some spooky stuff wandering into places I was warned not to go, and ended up beating feat before I went in to deep. Got a couple " I told y so's, " as well. There's weird stuff out there. I can't be a skeptic any more. Not after things I've seen. Manly in remove places, I was warned not to go anyway.. I've learned my lessons.

Last edited by NVplumber; 02-05-2016 at 11:30 AM..

Old 02-05-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The. American Indians believed in them, and many tri es still do. Skin walkers were/are very real to many Indian tribes.. Certain places they won't even go, even in these modern times because of such beliefs, and many others besides Indians have been spooked off these areas as well. I have a couple VERY highly educated India. friends, who won't even go near certain places, because of skinwalker and other phenomenona.

Their legends vary quite a bit from European type legends of werewolves and such. I actually find them more believable, in many ways. Both have been theorized to have been surviving cryptids. Pleistocene type predators.still roaming about. That's a possibility, I suppose. Descriptions given by people who claim to have seen the creatures match up with such animals. Other things are not so easily explained. Believe or not. I've experienced some spooky stuff wandering into places I was warned not to go, and ended up beating feat before I went in to deep. Got a couple " I told y so's, " as well. There's weird stuff out there. I can't be a skeptic any more. Not after things I've seen. Manly in remove places, I was warned not to go anyway.. I've learned my lessons.
I started believing in Werewolves after I spotted one last summer, in Gunpowder, Maryland. It spooked the hell out of me. It looked a little like bigfoot. With hind legs and a snout. Since then, I looked up what a big creature with hind legs, stood on 2s, huge muscles, and a snout would be. My first results on my Google search was Lycanthropes. I google'd Lycanthropes...

I got Werewolves. BAM! Since then, I've been interested in their existence.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:56 AM

10,596 posts, read 13,083,231 times
Never believed in this, There may be wolf hybrids or mutations/crypto creatures but not like the werewolf of legend I think. No doubt there are things no fully known to man out there though.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Never believed in this, There may be wolf hybrids or mutations/crypto creatures but not like the werewolf of legend I think. No doubt there are things no fully known to man out there though.
Well... a question like can be rooted from another question:

Do you believe in shapeshifting?

Old 02-05-2016, 11:27 AM

10,596 posts, read 13,083,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynite1114 View Post
Well... a question like can be rooted from another question:

Do you believe in shapeshifting?
No. Seems a little far fetched to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal