U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-07-2016, 02:30 PM
 
504 posts, read 674,996 times
Reputation: 850

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Within the school of thought in manifestation, when there are a number of coincidences, it means you are going in the right direction.
I can relate to the moving situation. We had not planned a move, but that's what we are needing to do. Hardest part is finding a place.
Much luck to you!
Thank you Owl. It was a tough choice to stay in our new temporary city rather than go back to the known. Deep down I knew it was the right thing to do. Things have mostly fallen into place as they should so that helps reinforce that we made the right decision. I did not know that about manifestation and coincidences. As being a big believer in manifestation your comment means a lot!

I sincerely hope that your path will become clear and finding your new location will fall into place.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2016, 03:43 PM
 
17,836 posts, read 8,110,646 times
Reputation: 14497
Interesting thread!

I go through periods where I seem to be more intuitive than other times. For a while, I had a friend (until she flaked out on me) who was very intuitive. We had some great conversations. Having her in my life actually improved my intuitive skills for a while. It was like she rubbed off on me.

With me, what often happens, I will, for no apparent reason, start thinking about a famous person and the next thing you know that person is in the news. For example, back in the 80s, right before Harry Chapin died, that song of his "Cats in the Cradle" kept running through my head. Another time I was thinking about a singer who was popular in the 60s. He stepped out of the limelight to get involved in local politics. Then out of the blue, I thought of him and wondered what he was up to. The next day, I was reading the paper and there was an article about him. My running joke is, gee, why can't I predict the lottery numbers? LOL!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 06:13 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
88,170 posts, read 82,162,748 times
Reputation: 92425
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
- playing Guess Who with my son - I guessed the correct person 4x in a row within the first 2 rounds. This may sound silly, but this does not normally happen. By the 4th one he was ready to quit.

I feel that my intuition can be pretty strong at times - guess this past week i am on a roll. Should I buy a lottery ticket?!

My real question for those that experience coincidence/intuitive experiences - do you find they happen in clusters or is it a pretty steady occurrence?
I've had bizarre streaks of guessing cards correctly during card games, through several rounds of games. And I'm not a card counter or a math person, or anything. Pure intuition. Strange. No other coincidences that I'm aware of, though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 06:16 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
88,170 posts, read 82,162,748 times
Reputation: 92425
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Interesting thread!

My running joke is, gee, why can't I predict the lottery numbers? LOL!
A local guy was profiled in our paper, about his ability to walk into a casino, and predict, intuit, which machines were about to pay off. Mainly he did this for the elderly players who were there; he might walk in, and tell a granny to go over to a certain machine. After playing it for a few minutes, suddenly bells would start ringing, lights flashing, money pouring out, lol! He didn't use his gift as a get rich quick scheme for himself, he mainly helped others with it. I don't know what happened after the article came out in the paper; I don't know if the casinos all banned him. Fascinating gift, though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2016, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
29,297 posts, read 28,355,871 times
Reputation: 36942
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
shes a restless spirit on an endless flight.....



I believe in intuition...just got to be careful...the unknowns can inhibit and haunt you

I use to think I have a 6th sense...when meeting people/places for the first time
when my son was younger, he was invited to a birthday party on a lake,,,,i got all twisted up about this because my 6th sense was telling me,,,,don't let him go, don't let him go...some kid is going to drown or get seriously hurt..
he really wanted to go...so I compromised, I told the parents that lived on the lake,,,that I was going to stay thru the festivities- and when I got there the "something is going to happen" feeling was even stronger
I was the only other parent that stayed and this of course embarrassed my son,,,,

I stayed,,,and kept a close eye on everything....the mother even said "you've got to let them go sometime"


nothing happened to any kid ...that was good enough for me,,,but started to question,,,,,where does this end??
and then did my best to turn off any intuitions
But if you hadn't stayed, something might have happened. You were there, so he didn't do anything stupid. You may have been right. If you diffuse that situation, stop something from happening, you'll never know.

You have to let them go sometime? Great. Except if you think your kids going to drown or get in some sort of trouble.

I missed a few biggies and wondered why I felt no warning. It disappointed me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2016, 01:05 PM
 
504 posts, read 674,996 times
Reputation: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A local guy was profiled in our paper, about his ability to walk into a casino, and predict, intuit, which machines were about to pay off. Mainly he did this for the elderly players who were there; he might walk in, and tell a granny to go over to a certain machine. After playing it for a few minutes, suddenly bells would start ringing, lights flashing, money pouring out, lol! He didn't use his gift as a get rich quick scheme for himself, he mainly helped others with it. I don't know what happened after the article came out in the paper; I don't know if the casinos all banned him. Fascinating gift, though.
Love it! What a guy!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2016, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
68,135 posts, read 63,483,263 times
Reputation: 83808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
But if you hadn't stayed, something might have happened. You were there, so he didn't do anything stupid. You may have been right. If you diffuse that situation, stop something from happening, you'll never know.

You have to let them go sometime? Great. Except if you think your kids going to drown or get in some sort of trouble.

I missed a few biggies and wondered why I felt no warning. It disappointed me.
I know. I have had intuitive experiences and premonitions but nothing whatsoever about 9/11. The closest I got was about two weeks before the buildings went down I was outside on the plaza smoking a cigarette and looking up at Two, and I thought "I wonder what the estimated useful life is for these buildings. Will they still be here in 50 years? I should ask somebody in the office." Never thought of it again and probably wouldn't have except for what happened.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2016, 08:52 PM
 
504 posts, read 674,996 times
Reputation: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I know. I have had intuitive experiences and premonitions but nothing whatsoever about 9/11. The closest I got was about two weeks before the buildings went down I was outside on the plaza smoking a cigarette and looking up at Two, and I thought "I wonder what the estimated useful life is for these buildings. Will they still be here in 50 years? I should ask somebody in the office." Never thought of it again and probably wouldn't have except for what happened.
About 4 months prior to 9/11 I developed major anxiety about flying - almost to the point of having a panic attack during a flight. I was supposed to fly 9/11 at 11 am (to Vermont with a lay over at Dulles). Anyway, I was really anxious that a.m. - needless to say my flight was canceled.

After 9/11 my anxiety about flying disappeared. Totally fine - back to the way I was before the anxiety started. Probably not related to anything intuitive, but strange nonetheless.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2016, 02:20 AM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
29,297 posts, read 28,355,871 times
Reputation: 36942
I didn't see it coming. Most didn't see it it coming. I started hating flying in the 1980s. I'd been on enough "bang your head" flights with no food to ever want to do it again. I have flown since then, but it's no longer enjoyable.

The best flight I've ever been on in my life was from London to to Berlin during a major storm. I was bumped to first class and I was the only person there. I got a drink before takeoff, a three course meal with decent wine and Champagne and chocolates after. I had to pick up my glass a few time because we were bouncing all over the place.

I remember when we used to get peanuts. Then we got goldfish crackers. Now, there's nothing. A diabetic could die on one of those flights.

I was talking with a friend tonight about death. He feels that something is going to happen to someone. Someone is going to be injured or become ill? No specifics in the first conversation, but my first thought was his his mother. He told me that he'd spoken with his mother, altzheimer's, and he thought it might be her.

Sounds likely, but it's a total downer waiting to see if that happens.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2016, 02:59 AM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
68,135 posts, read 63,483,263 times
Reputation: 83808
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
About 4 months prior to 9/11 I developed major anxiety about flying - almost to the point of having a panic attack during a flight. I was supposed to fly 9/11 at 11 am (to Vermont with a lay over at Dulles). Anyway, I was really anxious that a.m. - needless to say my flight was canceled.

After 9/11 my anxiety about flying disappeared. Totally fine - back to the way I was before the anxiety started. Probably not related to anything intuitive, but strange nonetheless.
I was always anxious about flying before 9/11 but I found that since then, I'm not. I actually enjoy it. I think I may have used up most of my lifetime supply of fear that day, and I'm more aware now that you can die suddenly at any time--it's just a matter of where you are at a given moment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top