Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 03:06 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
the slab of the old gun club is the approximate site.
I think its down south a bit from the Eureka Gun Club.

http://teegate.njpinebarrens.com/042...en/aerial3.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 03:25 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,245 times
So funny you mention this, as I was just talking with a friend earlier about metal detecting as it pertains to rare coins.

As a small child I lived with my family in an old house situated between two very old, abandoned churches--one had a shaded-in courtyard with these huge moss-like trees and a massive, imposing statue of some guy on a horse. Very Stephen King-ish, but so much fun as a kid, so beautiful, and one day a friend and I dug up several old coins in that courtyard that had what appeared to be a nude woman on one side. I gave them to my grandfather and forgot about them.

What was odd was the fact that we just randomly found several of them, caked in dirt, and in that one area of the churchyard. I'd LOVE to go back there with a metal detector just to see what else might come up.

Imagine all the untold treasures buried beneath our feet. I've read that the channels and waterways in Venice have many sculptures and the like buried in the mud beneath the water, tossed in by sculptors from ages past. Now that I think of that I must go Google it, it's fascinating stuff to me.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:51 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
I think its down south a bit from the Eureka Gun Club.

http://teegate.njpinebarrens.com/042...en/aerial3.jpg
if you look at some of his other maps along with that one, it becomes a bit more clear. it's wnw of #12 and north of black's bridge. i didn't have to find it; i cheated. in about 2008, i went out to the forked river mountains with a small group led by the venerable bud wilson.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
It's a fun hobby for people who like adventure, the out doors, and history. Many people who are interested in metal detecting seem to also have an interest in the paranormal. Just an observation.

I don't think anyone does it to make money. It's interesting and relaxing.
i've never been able to make the paranormal connection. the other things, absolutely.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:12 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
if you look at some of his other maps along with that one, it becomes a bit more clear. it's wnw of #12 and north of black's bridge. i didn't have to find it; i cheated. in about 2008, i went out to the forked river mountains with a small group led by the venerable bud wilson.
Wnw of #12? I would never have thought to place it there. Would you say its this clearing then?

https://goo.gl/maps/szgVkotgExs

What did you see there? Any cellarholes? Cool to tt someone who has been out there.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Wnw of #12? I would never have thought to place it there. Would you say its this clearing then?

https://goo.gl/maps/szgVkotgExs

What did you see there? Any cellarholes? Cool to tt someone who has been out there.
no cellar holes. there's nothing left, just as there's nothing left of ong's hat or calico. they're just names on a map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal