U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2016, 11:12 AM
 
1,788 posts, read 967,045 times
Reputation: 194

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
What do you base your beliefs on?
These are my thoughts based on what I've learned in my life. I don't think it wise to indulge to deep into them, for I've seen the results, thru ridicule and slander here on the net. ..seems like people get off more to what they can attack, then what they can learn.
I don't mind sharing what I know, but how I know..is mostly mine alone.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2016, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,796 posts, read 4,514,213 times
Reputation: 11022
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
These are my thoughts based on what I've learned in my life. I don't think it wise to indulge to deep into them, for I've seen the results, thru ridicule and slander here on the net. ..seems like people get off more to what they can attack, then what they can learn.
I don't mind sharing what I know, but how I know..is mostly mine alone.
Listing a set of bullet points outlining your beliefs accomplishes nothing of value. If you're not trying to convince others of these beliefs, and you won't detail your reasons for believing them because you're afraid of "slander" or ridicule, what's the point of posting them? What's the value to this forum, science, or humanity if you're not going to say why you hold them?

Slander by the way means making false and damaging statements about someone else. I've seen a lot of ridicule on the part of skeptics in this forum, but I'm hard put thinking of an instance of slander by a skeptic that I've seen -- but claiming as some True Believers have that those asking for convincing evidence of their beliefs or scientific proof are government agents meant to somehow stop discussion of these beliefs, that's slander. Questioning or even ridiculing beliefs is not slander even if we don't like it.

You claim that presenting these claims is providing an opportunity for others to "learn". Learn what, and how? What am I supposed to take away from a statement like: "...I think it can take on ANY form it wants, but not human form and I believe it can camouflaging itself to it's surroundings..." Am I supposed to accept anything said here at face value, without questioning or challenging? If you're demanding I accept at face value anything you say, are you prepared to return the favor ... or is it only a one way act of faith? Why are you worthy of my placing my faith in what you say?

I have my religious beliefs. I hold them on faith. If you want to talk about religious faith, there's a forum for that. Opinions and beliefs posted here are posted with the understanding that they're likely to be challenged.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 12:36 PM
 
1,788 posts, read 967,045 times
Reputation: 194
"people get off more to what they can attack, then what they can learn".

~nuff said
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 02:17 PM
 
1,788 posts, read 967,045 times
Reputation: 194
I would be interested in knowing about all crypto's is... how many of all sightings reported seeing any type of Creature with only 1 single eye??

~ I would be most interested in that answer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,796 posts, read 4,514,213 times
Reputation: 11022
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
"people get off more to what they can attack, then what they can learn".

~nuff said
So TEACH us. All you've done so far is list things you believe with absolutely no explanation, or any information that would convince anyone that your beliefs hold water. What are you looking for: us to nod sagely and accept everything you've said because, well, you said it? Not going to happen.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 03:26 PM
 
2,441 posts, read 2,168,717 times
Reputation: 4644
Because the cameras in everyone's pockets are too high quality, with auto focus and the like, so no confusing pictures are being taken.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 03:28 PM
 
2,441 posts, read 2,168,717 times
Reputation: 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
What do you base your beliefs on?
Mulder.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 06:02 PM
 
1,788 posts, read 967,045 times
Reputation: 194
"What are you looking for: us to nod sagely and accept everything you've said because, well, you said it"?
One day you'll feel different, when you do, go to my channel on YouTube. There is info within, that will help you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 06:38 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,081 posts, read 25,613,777 times
Reputation: 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
What do you base your beliefs on?
In reading, similar (though not identical) beliefs held by some Native Americans. Supernatural? Sorry cant provide any particular link, just recall, thought I'd toss it out there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2016, 06:58 PM
 
1,788 posts, read 967,045 times
Reputation: 194
I was thinking about what I said about those counties in Ohio. There are only so many counties. Each with a sighting. Some a couple or so more and 1 with lots compared to the rest... what I was thinking was, with all those counties, we see outlined by our eyes... this creature targeted each of them (if we're to believe all sightings were real to begin with). Meaning it knew (for whatever reason) specifically how many there were to be there for whatever reason it had? I've never done it but I wonder if you were to compare Ohio's info with another state, would there be similarities?
Why did it target 1 county so many times in Ohio and the rest just a few? Remember I believe it's 1 single creature, not many. What's so special about Portage County in Ohio to have so many sightings, than any other county?

~puzzling?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top