Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 12:24 PM

88,139 posts, read 84,005,514 times

Advertisements

My friend's Mom died last year at 92. A few days before she died, my friend visited her and she was so happy because her mother had come to visit her. My friend's grandmother had died suddenly about 50 years before, and her mother had missed her terribly. Then she said, "and my father was here yesterday!" Apparently this is quite common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 05:46 PM

416 posts, read 583,796 times
My dad, in the throes of post-operative dementia, said he talked to his cousin on the phone one day... his cousin had been dead since I was in junior high in the mid-80s. However, by this time, it was 'normal' for him to say things like this. He'd talked to Sunny Marlborough, he talked to some millionaire he'd known back in the 1950s for an hour, all sorts of stuff. It could be anyone from Napoleon to Barry Goldwater to a former coworker; I'd stopped being surprised. One day he was convinced one of the other patients was really my late sister - that was a bad one, but it didn't alarm me.

But there came the day I came to visit and Dad said, "Guess who was on TV today?" It made me cagey - he hadn't watched TV for a while now, and knew that the one in his room was usually off. So I answered lightly, "Who'd you see, Dad?"

He was beaming, just radiating with joy, and his voice was rapturous. "Your mother was on TV today." (she'd died six years before). It was partly who he saw that made my jaw drop, but it was more the look on his face. It really was otherworldly.

"What'd she say?" I asked, shaken.

"Nothing. She just smiled and waved at me." He abruptly changed the subject.

I was rattled. I'm cynical and grounded, but I was completely convinced that Mom had indeed "visited" him. It was the look on his face; it was the tone of his words; it's hard to really describe. But suddenly I knew he was going to be leaving us soon - I didn't know in what way, but I knew it in my bones.

Sure enough, the next day it was determined that the first hip surgery had failed and that he'd need a total hip replacement. Two days later, he was in surgery; he never resurfaced from the anaethesia. Exactly one week after the second surgery, he died.

He knew he was going, too. He rattled the veteran pre-op nurse very badly during prep for the second surgery - he was absolutely, unshakeably convinced he was at a funeral. I kept calm but inside I was flinching with foreknowledge. My older brother was freaking out. Yeah, I think he knew deep inside that he wasn't going to make it. Freaky stuff.

Last edited by Leaving Arizona; 04-04-2016 at 05:58 PM..

Old 04-04-2016, 07:17 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,720,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313
I have been researching on this, and there are sooo many different stories that Dad was on his death bed, and was claiming that he saw his brother in the corner, which he was actually talking to, shaking his head and pointing fingers. When he ask his daughter if she saw him, she said no.

I guess this could be possible. Maybe its comforting to know that you have a loved one who is coming to get you to take you home! That would be nice.
Yes.... The day my grandfather passed away,he said his wife (My grandma who passed years before) met him when he was asleep and would take him in and @ that exact time she said,HE PASSED!!

Very sad....... I miss them both

Old 04-04-2016, 08:08 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,383,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes.... The day my grandfather passed away,he said his wife (My grandma who passed years before) met him when he was asleep and would take him in and @ that exact time she said,HE PASSED!!

Very sad....... I miss them both
Aw - now they are together again.

Maybe they will both greet you when it's your time to go.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:33 PM

483 posts, read 626,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Aw - now they are together again.

Maybe they will both greet you when it's your time to go.
I really, really do believe this! I believe that everyone, who is in the dying process, has someone, maybe a relative, maybe not, maybe emotionally close, maybe not, that is there with them at the exact moment they pass. I used to think that it would be a friend from high school who passed in a motorcycle accident. Now that both of my parents have passed I strongly believe they will be there for me at that moment. My mom was visiting the night before (she had passed 11 years before) and when my dad said she was there I told my dad he should go with her, that she had come for him. He passed the next day. It was such a blessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal