Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 07:21 AM

302 posts, read 473,812 times

Advertisements

Ever since I was about 12, I have had a recurring dream. I am standing at a window in a very tall building, looking out over the city below. Sometimes I will see a picture or the weather will be just right, and the dream comes back to me. In the dream I have a feeling of doom, or like something bad is going on. It feels very familiar, but as I am afraid of heights, I know I would never have been standing near any window that high above the ground.

The other night we were watching a show on the travel channel. The host was visiting La Paz, Bolivia. He took the tram up to a neighborhood high above the city, and it showed the view from where he was standing. It was identical to the city in my dream! I got a chill all over, and frankly, was more than a little freaked out by it. Has anyone had a similar experience, or have any idea what this means? I can't seem to get the scene out of my head now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 12:49 PM

323 posts, read 346,144 times
I've had a similar experience, but I have yet to figure out where I am. Sometimes I think it's a memory of a movie I saw, or how I imagined a scene in a book. So I'm not sure what it means. Cool experience though.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:44 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,166 times
Could be a forgotten memory in this lifetime....or if you are one who considers the possibility of past lives, or genetic memories...could also be the reason for it.

And yes, I've experienced such as well.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:44 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
I think I may have posted this before, but starting in childhood I have had a recurring dream that I am on a small plane coming in for a landing in Johannesburg, South Africa. As a matter of fact, I can remember being surprised to learn that there was a real place called Johannesburg like in my dream.

It has become more infrequent in adulthood.

ETA: LOL yes I posted it recently in the recurring dream thread.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:01 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,802,225 times
I once lived in La Paz... definitely NOT a dream city but a good place for bad things to happen.

Go spend some time on Google street view... they have La Paz and you can get a better idea on whether it's inexplicably familiar or not.

It may just be coincidence and there is just as much a chance that you saw pics of the city sometime in your past (it's an often-photographed place!) which leaked into your subconscious and came out in the dream.

I know I dream about the place fairly often, but I have a reason.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:17 PM

311 posts, read 466,943 times
Yes, this has happened to me. There are a few places that I have had dreams about and don't know where they are, but a feeling of not really a dream, but instead me being there.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:54 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Could be a forgotten memory in this lifetime....or if you are one who considers the possibility of past lives, or genetic memories...could also be the reason for it.

And yes, I've experienced such as well.
Genetic memories and past lives do not go together. It is a mishmash of two totally different beliefs.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:24 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Genetic memories and past lives do not go together. It is a mishmash of two totally different beliefs.
Wasnt my take on the post; I read it as seperate and different; of course knowing the difference between genetic memory and past lifes helpful. There nothing indicating the two are any way similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal