Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 04:47 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,932,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I found this in my driveway one evening as I was leaving for work.
Any ideas on my possum head? It was cleanly severed--you can see the spine--could it have been dropped by a bird? There are eagles, hawks, & owls in my neighborhood. And what happened to the body? It appeared to be a young possum--about half grown. I'd think a coyote or other predator would've kept the whole thing.
Chupacabras?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 07:26 PM

2,741 posts, read 2,991,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yup. I actually think most UFO sightings have non-paranormal explanations. We just don't know what they are.

I saw a UFO. I was watching what I first thought was an airliner from my front yard. It was at about the same altitude and moving at the same speed at which commercial jets fly over our area all the time. But I thought this was a little weird because it was leaving no contrail and was absolutely silent. I couldn't see any wings on it either, but I figured it was just due to the angle of the sun or something. But as I was watching, puzzling all this out, it made an INSTANT change in velocity. No banking. No turning. It was going one way, just like a jet, but then suddenly moved at a 50+ degree angle and accelerated so fast that it left the sky in less than a second. All without a sound.

So assuming it was indeed flying at around 600 mph (the average speed of a 747 at that altitude), it was able to make an instant change in direction, turned at an angle of 50 degrees or more, and accelerate to what must have been close to 3000 mph in less than a second. All without a sound.

I have no idea what man-made aircraft can do that.

All that said, I am still extremely skeptical about alien visitors. I saw a UFO, meaning I saw an unidentified flying object. I don't know what it was.
I personally believe that could either be an actual type of Angel, OR, for some reason, Angels might sometimes travel in some sort of "craft". Why it is that we can sometimes perceive them, well, that's a question I can't answer.

Also, demonic Angels have reasons to deceive us, and perhaps make us believe that "ET type aliens" could exist, and might someday "save us". If enough people believe that, there's little reason for them to turn to God for salvation, thus the deception...

Old 03-16-2016, 10:02 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,558,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Just one of many~ I was hiking through the forest by a river along a trail in sub freezing and a fresh couple inches of snow. There was a severed rabbits head right in the middle of the trail on top of the snow in the middle of nowhere and no tracks around.. must have been a bird dropped it? Tallysmom, my cat gets the blame for everything too. Everything. Out of milk, cats fault, dirty dishes, cats fault, etc. Very convenient.
Probably dropped by a hawk or black buzzards.
Reminds me of walking on a golf course along the cart path and coming upon a dead cat lying on the concrete. A very dead, very flat cat, apparently dropped from a great height. We figured predator bird of some sort.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:29 AM

22,893 posts, read 28,171,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
I personally believe that could either be an actual type of Angel, OR, for some reason, Angels might sometimes travel in some sort of "craft". Why it is that we can sometimes perceive them, well, that's a question I can't answer.

Also, demonic Angels have reasons to deceive us, and perhaps make us believe that "ET type aliens" could exist, and might someday "save us". If enough people believe that, there's little reason for them to turn to God for salvation, thus the deception...
I find that explanation no more or less plausible than aliens. May be....

Old 03-17-2016, 09:37 AM

855 posts, read 621,614 times
Long story short, we went to bed with the ceiling fan on
and the garage lights off, only to wake up the next
day with the ceiling fan off and the garage lights on.

-

Old 03-17-2016, 10:21 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,842,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
2. Soon after I bought my current house 14 years ago, I learned that this one light switch in the kitchen did nothing. There was a strip of under-cabinet lighting near it, that didn't work, so I just figured that switch went to that light, but that it had stopped working long ago. The switch was sideways, so I really didn't know which way was "on" and which way was "off." I could flick it back and forth, but no lights ever came on. So I haven't touched the switch or the light in many years, just totally forgetting about it. Last night I came home from work and the under-cabinet light was on! Now the damned thing works!

Update: the light has stopped working again. So for a couple days, it miraculously worked, and now, nothing.

4. About 5-6 years ago my boyfriend and I were out in the back yard, looking at a dead bush we planned to have removed. There were squirrels up in a tree over us, chattering and making lots of angry noises, like they were angry we were in their zone. Something came flying down out of the tree and bounced off my boyfriend's head and landed on the ground. We looked at it, and it was a possum skull! Somehow, I guess, one of the squirrels had carried it up there and dropped it (or threw it?) onto him. To this day we still refer to the incident of the "scary flying possum skull."
Ok, the possum skull thing is now categorized as "explained" but is still pretty damned weird! I'd freak out if I found that bloody one the other poster found. Mine was just bone. It does make sense that squirrels like other rodents would have a gnawing urge, and this skull laying there might be a good thing to carry up a tree and gnaw on. We have lots of things in our neighborhood that could have killed the opossum in the first place, including people with outdoor cats.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:22 PM

123 posts, read 520,221 times
Has anyone had times where two of things popped up when you could have sworn there was only one? I have had various instances over the years of swearing there was only one of something then finding another of the object. One example, and the most recent I can remember, is where I gave my son some of my toys I had as a kid, and there was this little doll (maybe about 2 inches tall) in the bin that I remembered playing with when I was young. He (and I with him at times) had been playing with it for a few days and one of the days that we sat down and played with them together there was two of that same little doll. Him and I both were shocked to see two, especially me, considering I had that since a kid, and I only had one that I played with.
There have been more instances of things like that where very specific objects were, at a time, just one (to my knowledge) and then suddenly were two. If I think of more I will update, but am I the only one experiencing this??

Btw, all your experiences are weird but number 4...just creepy and gross lol. I would have screamed

Old 03-18-2016, 03:57 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,292,043 times
Yesterday our microwave did something spooky, and it's always been a quality, problem-free appliance before and since this strange thing.

I set it to warm my quinoa for 40 seconds. It started its familiar hum. I stepped away to put something in the fridge, and suddenly the microwave went quiet.

I looked at it, and although it had been going for about 10 seconds, the time still said 40 seconds.

So I pushed some buttons to wake it up, but the buttons didn't beep or respond or change anything on the display. Still 40 seconds.

Worried, I ejected the door open, took out my quinoa, closed the door, and stepped away.

All of a sudden the microwave started humming again(!) light on, turntable turning, and the display showed the time of the clock which was also weird because when the microwave is running it's supposed to display the cooking time.

Spooked, I don't remember what I did next, maybe pushed the stop button, but it didn't respond, too scared to even pull the power cord at that point, but eventually everything stopped, and on my next trip to the kitchen I unplugged the possessed microwave.

Later I plugged it back in and set the clock.

Next time it was used was 11pm and it worked fine.

YJHTBT to appreciate the full spookiness of the moment.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:01 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,292,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedmisplaced View Post
Has anyone had times where two of things popped up when you could have sworn there was only one? I have had various instances over the years of swearing there was only one of something then finding another of the object. One example, and the most recent I can remember, is where I gave my son some of my toys I had as a kid, and there was this little doll (maybe about 2 inches tall) in the bin that I remembered playing with when I was young. He (and I with him at times) had been playing with it for a few days and one of the days that we sat down and played with them together there was two of that same little doll. Him and I both were shocked to see two, especially me, considering I had that since a kid, and I only had one that I played with.
There have been more instances of things like that where very specific objects were, at a time, just one (to my knowledge) and then suddenly were two. If I think of more I will update, but am I the only one experiencing this??

Btw, all your experiences are weird but number 4...just creepy and gross lol. I would have screamed
I heard a teenager mention recently she was cleaning her bedroom, and she placed her new pair of shoes together...then found a third shoe that matched the pair(!) But she only had one pair! This third shoe mysteriously appeared.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:08 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,186,341 times
This one can't be cat related. Yesterday, every time I walked into the laundry area where our trash can is, the lid was up. It's a step can, step on the pedal, can opens, off the pedal, can closes.... Each time I went in to the room, about four or five times, the lid was wide open. I tossed in the trash, closed the lid and went on cleaning up. Had to go back to toss some other things...the can was open. So weird....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal