U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 12:06 AM

469 posts, read 253,666 times

Advertisements

Hey guys - well ive always been the one to make up excuses when weird things happen, which is not normal. But ive always wondered if there has to be something else in this world.

I havent experienced anything in many years until I moved into my house. Its nothing too crazy but gives me a bit of concern. So, I am a third shift worker and I usually go to the gym around 2 or 3am (on my days off) coming back home from the gym, I notice the bottom lock is activated. Id figure why my fiance keeps locking that bottom lock...i never told her anything and this been happening everytime I go to the gym. So, after 2 to 3 weeks of this happening, I told my fiance to stop locking the bottom door and she replies saying she never did that. Why would she wake up at that time to lock the door in the bottom. And I told her, no its locking...she started to freak out saying dont tell me that. So, I just said, could be an auto locking mechanism or something since she is a scardy cat :P

Occasionally I here strange noises wondering if its my cats making the noise - but I wont know since I sleep in the day time. I am also too chicken to set up a camera to find out how that door is locking by itself.

Anyhow, it has not happened in the past 2 weeks but occasional noise, almost like I here someone walking around - but I am thinking its just my cats. But the few times I go out when I hear that, my cats are laying in the couch. So maybe they just run to the couch?

Anything for you guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 12:43 PM

11,495 posts, read 6,059,053 times
I've had strange things happen to me my entire life. Do I believe in life after death? No. Are you checking the lock after you leave the house to see if it locks automatically? Do that two or three times in a row and you have your answer. I've been doing some research on psychic disturbances and it seems to be the most reasonable explanation as to why I've been experiencing strange things since my childhood. I did however have a very strange experience in a house in Maine and some images that came out in a window in the room that felt like many eyes were on me. It totally gave me the creeps. The pictures are in one of my CD photo albums. I can't explain it. Just because I can't explain it doesn't mean that there isn't a logical explanation. I've tried to duplicate it with other windows with different lighting conditions but haven't been able to do it so far.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:00 PM

3,584 posts, read 1,919,089 times
I have told this story before, but here goes:

I married when I was 18 (55 years ago), and we lived in his parents' garage "apartment" that did not have running water although it had a dry kitchen. We would use one of the main house bathrooms for grooming, etc. and to wash the dishes. Naturally, I would clean it. One time when my husband was overseas -- he was in the Navy -- I was standing on the toilet, cleaning the tops of the bathroom mirror and the top edge of the shower stall when I felt a definite tug on the hem of my skirt. I looked down, saw nothing, and continued to clean. A few seconds later, there was double tug. I told my MIL about it and she just laughed, and said, "Oh, that's just Herman. We don't know his real name, but he frequently does things like that. We figure he was about five years old and is just being playful."

Old 01-13-2017, 12:44 AM

64,689 posts, read 54,325,348 times
A few months back, someone posted a link here to ghost stories of real occurrences cops experienced while doing routine checks at abandoned hospitals, or closed (out of use) wings of hospitals, and various other locations on their rounds. Also, there was another link to nurses' stories who worked in ICU's.

Too many stories from reliable people for there not to be some form of existence after death, IMO.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:45 AM

64,689 posts, read 54,325,348 times
OP, do you rent, or own? If you own your place, maybe you could ask the real estate agent who worked with you, if s/he knows anything about the previous owner, or the owner before that.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:13 AM

573 posts, read 169,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A few months back, someone posted a link here to ghost stories of real occurrences cops experienced while doing routine checks at abandoned hospitals, or closed (out of use) wings of hospitals, and various other locations on their rounds. Also, there was another link to nurses' stories who worked in ICU's.

Too many stories from reliable people for there not to be some form of existence after death, IMO.
Are you talking of the ones where when they go up there, the whole floor is active and lights come on and off and someone lets them in and it gets creepy and they leave and they find out the next day it's been closed for years?

Im not saying its IMpossible (wow, the doctor that greeted me matched the description of the guy that used to work there years ago etc) but THOSE seem far-fetched. Only a full-fledged Amityville level Poltergeist could...

There a show called "True stories of the Paranormal" that I just about can't watch because it scares the bejezus out of me. The one with the first 5 seconds of levitating table at the end, and where evil demon twisted grandma up like a pretzel TERRIFIES me. Then there was the one where "Man" made the kid evil to animals...

Old 01-13-2017, 09:54 AM

1,430 posts, read 779,192 times
I believe in "ghosts". What I do NOT believe, is that they are ever proof of dead humans.

I think there's many different reasons for that sort of "supernatural" phenomena. Angels, Demons, place memories, time slips, etc, etc.

I do believe that any of things of that sort that are reactive to questions, etc, are demonic, and people would do well to be extremely careful in instigating that sort of communications.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:27 PM

3,738 posts, read 5,295,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
I believe in "ghosts". What I do NOT believe, is that they are ever proof of dead humans.
I think there's many different reasons for that sort of "supernatural" phenomena. Angels, Demons, place memories, time slips, etc, etc.
I do believe that any of things of that sort that are reactive to questions, etc, are demonic, and people would do well to be extremely careful in instigating that sort of communications.
The ghost that I lived with in my parents house had most likely been the houses original owner/builder. My parents bought the house as second owners after the death of the guy who built and lived in the house. The guy was a collector of guns and swords and he built a climate controlled anti-room and walk-in vault in the garage underground.
Like in the OP's story, there was a lock. The door to the anti-room had only a deadbolt with a key, no door knob. To open and closed the door, and keep the door closed, you had to turn the key to lock the door or it would swing open.

I kept old keepsakes in the anti room. A couple swords had be left behind and was the only items in the vault.
I hardly ever went into the room, but I was constantly 'scolded' for leaving the door open. I would say I was not in the room, I was told I was probably not remembering. Then one week, my step dad was the only one in the house as both my mom and I were gone. He pulled into the garage after work one night and had to shut the door. He came home another night, and had to shut the door. He came home the next night and had to shut the door.

How did we determine this was the owner, a ghost of a dead person...there were three other doors to other areas in the garage. The ONLY door that was opened by the ghost was the door to the anti-room.
We speculated that this was his office where he kept and reviewed records for the guns and swords held in the vault. Of course a person with such a passion for something enough to build rooms for it, that in being a ghost is still going to visit those places specifically and frequently.
It's not exactly proof on a scientific level...but it's a very logical guess to the point of who or what else would it be?...dependent upon the fact we are saying that there are really ghosts.

Now I'm not saying that every bit of 'activity' is that of a dead human ghost. However, in my book a ghost is a dead human, and there are other 'hauntings' that are from non-human spirits.

To the OP, I think you are going to have your hands full with your partner more than the ghost. You may want to find a way to introduce her to the idea of friendly harmless ghosts/spirits. They can be very helpful in you develop a relationship with them. Which, it's seems like the ghost is bringing extra security to your home when you are out... You may want to leave that bottom lock locked. The ghost may know something you don't.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:51 PM

10,051 posts, read 4,430,016 times
I've told this story before...When I was 7, my family lived in a ranch house that was a new build when they bought it 2 years prior. Sometimes, my Dad would have trouble sleeping so he would get up and have a glass of milk. I'm a night owl by nature so when my parents would put me to bed, I would often lie awake for quite some time before I would fall asleep.

When we went to bed at night, my parents would make sure that all our bedroom doors were open. One night, I heard footsteps in the hallway. I figured that it was my Dad getting up to get some milk. The footsteps stopped right by the entrance to my room. I expected to see my Dad standing there. Instead, what I saw was one green eye staring at me. The eye was a dark green with the part where it is normally white, was a day-glo green. This eye was about 6 feet off the ground. My reaction was odd---instead of yelling out, I covered up my head and turned away from the door. At that time, I heard the footsteps walk away.

The next day, I asked my Dad if he had gotten up for milk that night. He said "no". So I told my parents what I saw and they insisted that I was dreaming. I wasn't dreaming. I was wide awake. To this day, I have no idea what it was that I saw that night.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 598 times
We lived in a house for 12 years that had 4 (for sure) and possibly 5 active spirits. One seems to have attached to my daughter when she was an infant, and has been with her ever since. We moved out of the house when she was 10, and this spirits has been with her every where she has lived. It has even assaulted a couple of abusive boyfriends.

Interaction with the other 3 spirits was practically a daily occurrence for all three of my kids, but the one that attached to my youngest was only seen by her. (The possible 5th spirit was only supposedly seen by my alcoholic ex-husband, so I'm no sure about that one.)

Now my youngest daughter's son, age 6, apparently is sensitive as well. He talks to the spirit like it's a perfectly natural thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal