Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 12:30 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

I have noticed this. Some states - or cities and towns - have a heavier spiritual vibe, where as others feel spiritually sterile. It is not always a positive or negative thing. Some states can feel "heavy" and I enjoy the heaviness. Others have a "negative heavy vibe".

This is especially apparent when I am crossing the border from upstate NY into Vermont. NY feels calm and neutral. Not hopping with activity. Vermont practically buzzes with a peaceful, energetic glow. It's as though you have entered another dimension.

I live in Ohio, which I sense is a neutral and not particularly active spiritual vibe. Nothing bad. Nothing good. I also live near the PA border and often cross it to shop and attend a club. When I do, I feel a mixture of heavy spiritual vibes that are at once pleasant and unpleasant. It also feels comforting, yet foreboding.

Another example - My husband had a business trip in Louisville KY. I decided to go along for the ride. They put us up in the outskirts of Louisville - which was actually in Indiana. I have never felt so depressed in my life. There was a strong Fundamentalist Christian presence there. That could be part of it. But I was literally depressed for a week. When we crossed the border into Kentucky, the depression lifted.

While Ohio and Indiana share a border, I felt completely different there.

A while back there was a thread about Astrocartography - a sub set of astrology that studies geography and your birth chart and how certain areas affect people more positively than others.

That could be a factor.

Another idea I had was that different regions are governed by different spirits.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has experienced the same thing. Also, your thoughts on this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 01:16 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Yeah I used to have a certain vibe when crossing the border from MS into TN, a sudden wave of tenseness and that feeling in the stomach!

That's because I was going to and from work every day of the week, my mind changing from pleasant home surrounding to high pressure work environment. The city of Memphis, and many cities, straddle or overlap over state borders. Now I go over the border for primarily for entertainment - totally different feeling.

Many American's live and work near state borders and cross them every day. I take it that is not a daily occurance for you? When it comes down to it, borders are simply lines drawn on a map by humans. I am pretty sure any feeling you had was not because of some "strong fundamentalist Christian presence", nor can I see there be any sort of spiritual "culture shock" from the vibes given out by the souls in these states - not in the US anyways. You want spiritual culture shock? Go to India. I have vibes there as well - 1.) Jet Lag, 2.) "Delhi Belly".

Old 04-18-2016, 02:06 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
You would never have lasted in my job. Want different vibes, go from Laos to Turkey, then back to Cambodia and over to Thailand.

As for the US, the only strange vibes I get are when I find myself in a neighborhood or area of a large city where I remove the handgun and place it on the seat rather than keep it in the holster.

If you really have a spirits' problem, might try and different brand. I have friends who say Scotch makes you feel strange so they switched to Vodka or Bourbon.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:24 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Many American's live and work near state borders and cross them every day. I take it that is not a daily occurance for you? When it comes down to it, borders are simply lines drawn on a map by humans. I am pretty sure any feeling you had was not because of some "strong fundamentalist Christian presence", nor can I see there be any sort of spiritual "culture shock" from the vibes given out by the souls in these states - not in the US anyways.
Pretty much this. I don't tend to get a 'spiritual feeling' from crossing a state line (I grew up in St. Louis and went over to the Illinois side frequently.) I might get an excited feeling if I cross into a state I've never been to before. And when my friend (born and raised here in Denver) and I took a trip out the East Coast and hit a point where we hit three state borders in ten minutes....well, we got a little silly and kept driving back and forth on that stretch of road for a half hour, giggling like schoolgirls.

That isn't to say that passing into some areas doesn't change my mood--I don't like heavy traffic and crowded areas, so I tend to be a little tense in those places, but put me on open highway with nothing around and I'm calm and relaxed. I tend to get more fascinated with the gradual change from big, congested city area to suburb to farm country to absolutely nothing, then back again. Or the changing scenery depending on where/how far you go--where I am now, I can see the Rocky Mountains, and they seem so dominant it's almost hard to imagine *not* being able to see them for almost eternity....and yet, drive about two hours east, and you don't--you have flat prairie (and you could still be in Colorado!) Keep driving further east, and eventually you start seeing hills, and large rivers (way eastern Kansas/western Missouri.) Different birds. Different trees.

But yeah--state borders are just lines we humans drew on a map. Without the signs saying "Welcome to Kansas/Welcome To Colorado!", I'm not sure I'd be able to tell where one ended and the other began.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:16 AM

855 posts, read 624,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have noticed this. Some states - or cities and towns - have a heavier spiritual vibe, where as others feel spiritually sterile. It is not always a positive or negative thing. Some states can feel "heavy" and I enjoy the heaviness. Others have a "negative heavy vibe".

This is especially apparent when I am crossing the border from upstate NY into Vermont. NY feels calm and neutral. Not hopping with activity. Vermont practically buzzes with a peaceful, energetic glow. It's as though you have entered another dimension.

I live in Ohio, which I sense is a neutral and not particularly active spiritual vibe. Nothing bad. Nothing good. I also live near the PA border and often cross it to shop and attend a club. When I do, I feel a mixture of heavy spiritual vibes that are at once pleasant and unpleasant. It also feels comforting, yet foreboding.

Another example - My husband had a business trip in Louisville KY. I decided to go along for the ride. They put us up in the outskirts of Louisville - which was actually in Indiana. I have never felt so depressed in my life. There was a strong Fundamentalist Christian presence there. That could be part of it. But I was literally depressed for a week. When we crossed the border into Kentucky, the depression lifted.

While Ohio and Indiana share a border, I felt completely different there.

A while back there was a thread about Astrocartography - a sub set of astrology that studies geography and your birth chart and how certain areas affect people more positively than others.

That could be a factor.

Another idea I had was that different regions are governed by different spirits.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has experienced the same thing. Also, your thoughts on this subject.
Maybe you're an empath. I've been learning about this
trait as I'm pretty certain I am one myself. Short of that,
you might just be really good at picking up on the subtler
nuances in various surroundings.

-

Old 04-19-2016, 08:58 AM

510 posts, read 500,374 times
I think you have a predisposed opinion about a particular place, in this case a state, so when you cross the border (and you know you've crossed the border) you permit yourself to feel a certain way about the area. Think of it like this. Two people are going to Mississippi. One person thinks of the state as a pleasant down-to-earth southern state with real charm. Another person believes its a poverty-stricken uneducated backwards dump. The second they cross into the state the person with a positive view sees people who appear happy and well-mannered. The person with a negative view will see people who are "eyeing him up" or threatening. Who is seeing it correctly? Neither. They're just viewing the area with a confirmation bias already set up.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:34 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjeena View Post
Maybe you're an empath. I've been learning about this
trait as I'm pretty certain I am one myself. Short of that,
you might just be really good at picking up on the subtler
nuances in various surroundings.

-
I am an empath. Good observation.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:38 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
I think you may be right about the empath thing.

I do think certain places give off vibes - there are places you feel so at peace and it feels so tranquil, then there
are other places that have a dark,evil feel to them, and give you the creeps. (I am an empath too,so I am not
sure where this all comes from though. (I will have to think about the crossing borders thing)

My husband says you can feel when something really major and evil has went down, he said he was thrown back
when he was at Gettysburg - because he said it was like a darkness and sadness that hung in the air (Maybe from so many lives being lost there Idk...) He also felt like the basement of the house he grew up in was haunted or had an evil presence to it.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:39 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
I used to sit in circle with a guy who used to channel energies which were responsible for different areas so it is quite possible as you say. The native americans and other cultures recognise the spirits of the land, dont they?

If we have energies 'helping' us, they why shouldm't places have they too?

Old 04-20-2016, 10:45 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
as do people have/give off energies so do places-----sometimes it's just sections of the same area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal