U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 05:36 AM

3,287 posts, read 1,614,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtagusername View Post
How about the ones where the stalks are blown out or magnetic and stuff?
You can find "blown out" node in field without any sign of crap circles. The "researchers" cherry-pick their samples and don't try to contextualize their findings with the field as a whole.
Quote:
I know crop circles are usually fake and farmers get mad people destroyed fields. But aren't there also some formed by balls of magnetic energy? Doesnt even have to be UFOs..
Found any actually scientific studies of "balls of magnetic energy"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 05:52 AM

3,196 posts, read 1,816,796 times
Quote:
How about the ones where the stalks are blown out or magnetic and stuff?

I know crop circles are usually fake and farmers get mad people destroyed fields. But aren't there also some formed by balls of magnetic energy? Doesnt even have to be UFOs..
'Balls of magnetic energy'

Good one!

If crop circles were JUST circles I could imagine some are caused by extraterrestrial or natural phenomena. But fancy designs? Visiting extraterrestrials would just leave an electronic beacon if it was for there use in navigation, and a radio beacon if it was a message for us. If they have the technology to GET here, they have the technology to understand OUR communications technology.

Last edited by rugrats2001; 08-13-2016 at 06:07 AM..

Old 08-13-2016, 06:04 AM

1,995 posts, read 1,352,110 times
I'm still amazed that some people can believe that aliens have figured out how to travel light years though space, can secretly navigate the planet, and stay unseen while visiting whenever they want; but either believe that aliens can't figure out one of our many written languages, or they can't figure out how to not land over corn. That damn corn gets em every time...

Old 08-13-2016, 06:05 AM

3,196 posts, read 1,816,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
There are many possibilities as to how an extraterrestrial or some unknown earthly entitie might try and communicate; sounds, symbols. Symbols could be etched into rock, burned into the ground, or if one wants something more like a chalkboard, a field of grass.
Currently there is some unknown 'horn' has been heard in several places across the globe. Could be alien in origin, could be some reaction in our atmosphere to everything we are sending through it, could be some sort of resonance coming from the planets itself..... Or a hoax. Thing is, if there are aliens, we can't assume thier reasonings why they chose what they choose, but if they want to communicate with us, they will do so.
Crop circles are a possibility.

Magnetics and radio activity residuals said to be found, may be hype, but since I have not seen such reading with my own eyes, I'm not going to say that it is hype.
With the camps of no aliens, alien existence being hidden from us, and so on. There will be a lot of info, true and false, floating around out there. It is as much a possibility that there are those who want to have us believe untruths because they have a motive as there is that these are all just stories.

I'm keeping an open mind about it, however, when you include all kinds of ancient myths and relics, plus the oral traditions that have lived for thousands of years, I'm inclined to think that aliens are doing something here.
an open mind is great, just as long as you don't open it enough for your brain to fall out.

Ancient myths and thousands of years old oral traditions are a hundred generation long game of telephone.

All it takes is one creative 'medicine man' to weave an 'ancient legend' about aliens and in a few generations everyone thinks it really IS ancient.

There are absolutely NO ancient relics that are of alien technology, advanced metallurgy, or alien remains. A drawing or sculpture of something that WE imagine looks like an alien entity or spaceship would have meant something entirely different to our more primitive ancestors.

And don't get me started on the archeologists who think EVERY sculpture or scratched-in design of an obese female is a fertility goddess. I wish I could be around 5000 years from now to hear the explanation for Lego mini figures.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:38 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,906,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post

Found any actually scientific studies of "balls of magnetic energy"?
There was, Dr Haselhoff

Dr.Haselhoff's Scientific Rep.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:05 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,033,344 times
I HAS to be Aliens; it can't be coincidence that all crop circles are related to each other by 22/7! Plus what prankster would destroy crops and risk being labeled a cereal-killer?!

Old 08-13-2016, 12:11 PM

3,287 posts, read 1,614,697 times
Quote:
Well... History Channel has been striking out lately. (Mermaids, for example.)

So. If there are no natural-made ones... then its all **** then.

Every. Single. One ..
This is why I call it the HyFy channel.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:55 PM

4,972 posts, read 2,290,118 times
Quote:
I would say NO. Obviously, we have the History Channel show on at this time. Ancient Aliens. Dealing with the SETI message etc. And now the Roswell Rock...

As the introduction to this thread, I remember vividly as a teen in the mid to late 90s that there were some couples and or groups of people that demonstrated for all to see how they would take their boards with rope tied to it and make vast crop circles in about a few hours. This was then credited with debunking pretty much all crop circles. The issues seem to be that they keep appearing, and also that not all of them seem to have the bent stalks from the plank and board hoaxsters.

I think even the SETI response has been called a hoax.

Can EVERY one be a fraud? They don't seem to attract as much attention. But they still happen. And farmers say they hate it.. (also coming to mind is cattle mutilation.)

What should we be knowing about this. ARE they ALL frauds?
I think they are nesting spots.

For whatever that thing was that was on the top of my house in 2006 & flew over my head; scaring the crap out of me.

I also think that "that thing" is also responsible for the cattle mutilations.

So far the best the "authorities" can come up with is Aliens or Satanic Cults? A neighboring county sherriffs office has a $2,500 reward now, it gets so bad here. Come on; it's neither...it's not aliens flying along a particular latitude & dropping cows over power lines! It's more like bird predation following a migratory path...

And crop circles...just how many bored people are there that go out in the middle of the night to flatten crops into a circle? I mean come on...most farmers work very hard & I doubt they are dreaming up another way to be in the fields even more.

Whatever "that thing" was; it has to eat something & sleep somewhere...

Old 08-13-2016, 02:20 PM

18,367 posts, read 23,541,961 times
oh yes, all frauds,,

they proved it two british fellas were responsible for all the circles

all 52 of them in one night..... over 400 miles apart

Old 08-13-2016, 02:40 PM

444 posts, read 204,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
oh yes, all frauds,,

they proved it two british fellas were responsible for all the circles

all 52 of them in one night..... over 400 miles apart
^^^ This goes more to the heart of my question. The whole thing had focused on those fellas, showing the cameras how they make it, even intricate designs.

I was skeptical that it could be that simple.

Sort of like:

Or. It was swamp gas...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal