U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 03:46 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,009,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
I HAS to be Aliens; it can't be coincidence that all crop circles are related to each other by 22/7! Plus what prankster would destroy crops and risk being labeled a cereal-killer?!

I don't believe there's a grain of truth in what you're saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 04:37 PM

4,659 posts, read 3,708,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I don't believe there's a grain of truth in what you're saying.
Looks like we need to separate the wheat from the chaff. Or am I getting too corny?

Old 08-13-2016, 04:42 PM

444 posts, read 204,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Looks like we need to separate the wheat from the chaff. Or am I getting too corny?
Hay. Hay! (Hey...) Hay now.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:36 PM

18,367 posts, read 23,541,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtagusername View Post
^^^ This goes more to the heart of my question. The whole thing had focused on those fellas, showing the cameras how they make it, even intricate designs.

I was skeptical that it could be that simple.

Sort of like:

Or. It was swamp gas...

how could we ever entertain the mere thought that we don't know everything there is to know

how arrogant we are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I95Bw2ywiZw

Old 08-13-2016, 07:38 PM

12,446 posts, read 10,910,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
how could we ever entertain the mere thought that we don't know everything there is to know...
Hilarious video. An advanced civilization receives one of our transmissions and, instead of sending a response, they fly all the way to earth and smash their response in a field of crops, because they just couldn't figure-out a better way of contacting us. Heck, instead of creating a barely recognizable image of the ubiquitous "ET head" in a crop field, leave a signed photo, or a drawing. Is that too much to ask?

Why isn't common sense ever used when considering these bizarre explanations?????

Old 08-14-2016, 06:36 AM

5,677 posts, read 6,778,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
I'm still amazed that some people can believe that aliens have figured out how to travel light years though space, can secretly navigate the planet, and stay unseen while visiting whenever they want; but either believe that aliens can't figure out one of our many written languages, or they can't figure out how to not land over corn. That damn corn gets em every time...
You know, it's like, kryptonite for them or something. Not to worry, all the neonicotinoids in the corn will kill them off, just like it's doing to the honey bees. Monsanto hates martians too. When their evil plot comes to fruition, they will eliminate all life on the planet (including their customers) by using neonics and GMOs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, the *real* conspiracy is that when everyone is convinced that everything is a hoax, the aliens will infiltrate in perfect safety, because no one will believe that they are real. Then they will take over the NWO, and our destiny to become a foodstock for the aliens will be fulfilled.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:38 AM

3,287 posts, read 1,614,697 times
I got a good laugh out of "Jupiter Ascending". When they finally capture Jupiter they take off from a corn field and leave the SOP patterns in the corn.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:38 AM

7,186 posts, read 11,234,288 times
Crop circles, ghosts, fortune tellers... All the same to me. Pure, unadulterated nonsense. (Drops mic)

Old 08-14-2016, 10:04 AM

841 posts, read 828,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtagusername View Post
How about the ones where the stalks are blown out or magnetic and stuff?

I know crop circles are usually fake and farmers get mad people destroyed fields. But aren't there also some formed by balls of magnetic energy? Doesnt even have to be UFOs..

Evidence?

Old 08-14-2016, 10:12 AM

4,972 posts, read 2,290,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I think they are nesting spots.

For whatever that thing was that was on the top of my house in 2006 & flew over my head; scaring the crap out of me.

I also think that "that thing" is also responsible for the cattle mutilations.

So far the best the "authorities" can come up with is Aliens or Satanic Cults? A neighboring county sherriffs office has a $2,500 reward now, it gets so bad here. Come on; it's neither...it's not aliens flying along a particular latitude & dropping cows over power lines! It's more like bird predation following a migratory path...

And crop circles...just how many bored people are there that go out in the middle of the night to flatten crops into a circle? I mean come on...most farmers work very hard & I doubt they are dreaming up another way to be in the fields even more.

Whatever "that thing" was; it has to eat something & sleep somewhere...
I was so glad no one quoted my post & laughed at me.

I thought "WHEW! Maybe no one saw it!" But then ensued 2 more pages of ridicule to the OP's valid point so I'M going to quote myself & add to it...

Yes, I think all the REPORTED ones are frauds. There is always motivation for these; the chance for some jokesters to smugly go "HA! Got ya good; didn't we?!"

The vast majority of them, at least in my area, go unreported intentionally.

They just happen all the time. The ranchers & farmers out here just kind of shrug it off anymore. There is no motivation for practical jokers to continue here; no media attention, names in the paper...nothing. And they just keep happening anyway.

In Southern Colorado; these guys are not about to go to the media & say "Ooooh...look...it's a circle!" The land out here is so vast & remote many of them are not even discovered until they are "old" circles anyway. No Fun=No Fraud.

Now what DOES get reported is the loss of a $1,200 heifer. Still, that does not get reported to the media; that gets reported to law enforcement. Media does not get to even hear about it until there is a surge of incidents that span several counties & involves several different p*ssed off cattlemen.

Do you really think these guys are a bunch of idiots screaming "Aliens!"? No. These are very wealthy & politically influential people & they are losing thousands of $$.

The "crop circles" (which do not happen just in crops,btw; they happen in random areas out here on the high plains) coincide with the reports of mutilated cows.

...This is not E.T. This is also not pranksters. I don't even know where all these jokesters are that are flattening grass into circles & then making the tabloids, but out here if you are tresspassing on private property your obituary will hit the papers before anything else does.

It's "just" an animal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal