Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 04:47 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,815,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
...I first looked at a rational explanation...It could be rationalized, but wouldn't the authorities have some calls from the general public asking questions?
So, the only viable explanation must be something "irrational?" Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 09:51 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,830,978 times
I never said it would be an " irrational " explanation. I don't live near a military base, and there haven't been reports of earthquakes, so I was only putting this thread out to see if anyone else has had the same experience in my area, and if they had been told an explanation by the authorities.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:04 PM

6,917 posts, read 6,832,021 times
Dirt Grinder
Quote:
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. I live near a military base, and I hear explosions all hours of the day, most often at night. The base is also used to train civilian police forces in bomb disposal. Sometimes these explosions cause my house to shake.
Just because you don't know what you're talking about, don't assume everyone else is in the same boat.
This sounds like it was an air shock wave not somebody explosives training. Your house probably shakes because the explosion shakes the ground like a bomb going off a block away. I guess you would probably need to have something pretty big and/or possibly above ground to cause this kind of effect the OP is describing.

If you think I dont know what I am talking about and you do, then ask relevant questions so we can find out more about it. To narrow down the possibilities of what it could be, it needs someone who knows more about the incidents by investigating them.

You are probably as ignorant as I am because you assume you know what the OP has experienced because you live near a military testing ground and you have experienced your house shaking. That does not help the OP figure out what he is experiencing at all. Coming on here and just criticising me for suggesting possible reasons for what was experienced is NOT helping us find out what it was and it makes you look rather like someone who just wants to be negative.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
...Coming on here and just criticising me for suggesting possible reasons for what was experienced is NOT helping us find out what it was and it makes you look rather like someone who just wants to be negative.
Okay, you posted...

"...Probably a secret project being tested. Mostly at night so no-one sees the evidence. It wont be the first time these things have been tested to the detriment of the people. Look at history. It could also explain the flocks of dying birds and sea animals too..."

Where, in the realm of reality, is that helping???

There are innumerable common events to explain such phenomena without resorting to the fantastic. Heck, a military jet could have gone supersonic. It happens when they are doing flight worthiness tests, and it's not always over the water.

Wait, I don't accept a far-fetched explanation, so that makes me look "negative?"

Old 08-25-2016, 07:59 PM

ocpaul20 you have made a valid point about others not knowing the whole range of what I experienced simply because they were not there. It was a personal experience. I would very much like to say the explanation is simple, and let that be that, but when, at 11:30 at night, the siding on my house sounds like a tree has slammed into it, and the windows shake to the point the wooden shutters on the inside rattle, it does cause concern, and make one ask questions. To be honest, though, I only put this out here for discussion, and not to be chastised for voicing my opinion.

Remember Dirt Grinder, " Absence of proof doesn't mean proof of absence. "

Old 08-25-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
...Remember Dirt Grinder, " Absence of proof doesn't mean proof of absence. "
Remember, "The truth isn't always popular, but it's still the truth."

Old 08-26-2016, 09:44 PM

It appears you are of the mind that you have explained my predicament because you know what happened, why it happened, and have no intention of entertaining the possibility of things in this world occurring in which there is no cut and dried explanation. Accepted. If you are of this realist mentality, and feel it isn't in your character to entertain the thoughts that some do here concerning different phenomenon, then why are you participating?

I relinquish. This thread is yours to do with as you wish. Belittle the opinions of others if you must. A discussion is meant to be that, not an argument. Enjoy.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:46 PM

6,917 posts, read 6,832,021 times
It is sad that 124c41 has been chased off by the bullies.

However, we do all need to be fairly robust to stay on here for long because of those who like to (what they would term) "challenge" the ideas and opinions presented. I think that is the case on most online forums except for play-nicely ones and no-one can call CD a 'play-nicely' forum can they?

Old 08-28-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
...If you are of this realist mentality, and feel it isn't in your character to entertain the thoughts that some do here concerning different phenomenon, then why are you participating?

I relinquish. This thread is yours to do with as you wish...
If you were firm in your beliefs you would present a convincing argument instead of pretending to be the "victim" of those who resort to facts and the Scientific Method."

To be honest, I am being bullied by those who resort to flawed science and hearsay in their arguments.

Yes, I have that "realist mentality."

Last edited by Dirt Grinder; 08-28-2016 at 01:18 AM..

Old 08-28-2016, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It is sad that 124c41 has been chased off by the bullies...
I posit that the "bullies" are those who "chase-off" individuals who offer rational explanations instead of secret conspiracies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal