U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 01:59 AM

3,800 posts, read 3,429,946 times

Advertisements

In 2003 and 2004, there was, at that time, a super-sonic flight test corridor that stretched from Crossville, TN to Huntsville, AL. They were testing the F-22. I don't remember any sonic booms at night, but several during the day. I could see the contrails, sometimes there were 2. Once there were 2 with the trailing one zig-zagging behind.I know Baxter isn't next door to Crossville but, it's all I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 08:38 PM

2,955 posts, read 3,191,892 times
The comments I read said that these booms were heard ''all over'' TN and that people were calling this into the police and TV stations.

Old 08-28-2016, 11:22 PM

2,708 posts, read 2,983,980 times
Quote:
If you were firm in your beliefs you would present a convincing argument instead of pretending to be the "victim" of those who resort to facts and the Scientific Method."

To be honest, I am being bullied by those who resort to flawed science and hearsay in their arguments.
Of course you are dear. Now, who is being a victim... If you cannot beat them, join them. Lets ALL be victims shall we?

Yes, lets be honest shall we? Be honest and tell us why you keep asking for proof and keep harping on about science when science and proof does not feature very highly in the paranormal - at the moment. As you well know, Science and realism just does not have the tools needed to define/measure/prove/etc the paranormal, so be honest with us... why are you bothering to keep on plugging away?

Quote:
Where, in the realm of reality, is that helping???
There are innumerable common events to explain such phenomena without resorting to the fantastic. Heck, a military jet could have gone supersonic. It happens when they are doing flight worthiness tests, and it's not always over the water.
And... this is what I suggested too, so you are only reiterating what I said. But.. you have to make me look like a kook and you as a rational person.

I suggested that some questions needed to be asked to gain more information so that we can make educated guesses as to what this guy experienced. Those of us on the forum who know anything about the subject could anyway. I dont know anything about this subject so I was just making some suggestions as to what it COULD be in my opinion. These suggestions are not so fantastic because they have been correct in the past. The government HAS done testing in populated areas etc.

Quote:
Wait, I don't accept a far-fetched explanation, so that makes me look "negative?"
Not asking follow-up questions to try to find answers, yes you were.

It is not far-fetched as I have explained above. The government has done this kind of thing in the past.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:20 AM

12,448 posts, read 10,135,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
...Be honest and tell us why you keep asking for proof and keep harping on about science when science and proof does not feature very highly in the paranormal...
I don't know how to respond to such a convincing, and well-researched, argument.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Status: "Busy being triggered by pumpkins" (set 7 days ago)

17,368 posts, read 8,548,684 times
Fracking can not only cause loud booms, but earthquakes.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:05 AM

388 posts, read 199,345 times
I live in Ohio and we have random very loud BOOMS. We just heard one about a half hour ago. My cousin lives in Dayton and heard one last night. He said the sound came from the direction of Wright Patterson. I am now wondering if these sounds are sonic booms?

Old 06-30-2017, 05:06 PM

72,676 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
I never said it would be an " irrational " explanation. I don't live near a military base, and there haven't been reports of earthquakes, so I was only putting this thread out to see if anyone else has had the same experience in my area, and if they had been told an explanation by the authorities.
What did the sherrif's dept. say about it? Stay in touch with them, see if they get any information.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:34 PM

2,708 posts, read 2,983,980 times
I really think that if the times and dates are noted and then the military are asked they would probably explain they were testing some thing at that time. I dont think this would give anything away which was secret as most people (even foreign powers) expect there to be testing of new craft or technologies.

Earthquakes are fairly easy to check via USGS websites and anything that large would have definitely registered on seisemic devices anywhere in the area. Even quarry blasts are 'noise' to those things.

There is probably a relationship to the area of the experienced shock wave and the height/speed of aircraft which might be able to be determined if necessary. From what I read, there is also a possibility of a HAARP-like installation being able to generate huge effects at-a-(great)-distance too.

In this way we can dismiss some of the suggestions, or at least lower the liklihood of them being the culprit, which leave others more likely as a cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal