U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Z1D Z1D started this thread

12 posts, read 7,939 times

Advertisements

Iíve debated within myself to post these questions. Iím not insane (at least I donít think I am! LOL! ), but the symptoms Iím experiencing (if they are even called that?) are increasing.

How does one know if s/he is a clairvoyant or psychic? What are the signs? Iíve researched this very question and seem to get the flaky, bubble-gum type articles.

I can walk into a room and pick up on the energy in an instant. It hits me (good or bad) like a ton of bricks. Lately, the energy has been so intense that my digestive track is incredibly messed up. It is not diet. I can only contribute it to this energy field and/or my nervousness because of it.

During the day (sometimes), but especially at night, I feel that Iím being watched. This is in my home, but not always. It can be anywhere. I sometimes hear words that pop in my ear (a name or instruction -- almost as if they are yelling to get my attention), or sometimes I see a flash of a personís face (no, I've never seen them before!). Iím up A LOT at night because of this, but in particularly, between 3:00-3:30 a.m.

Iíve read about protecting oneself, so Iíve been trying to do that. It does work, but it takes me time to center myself, protect myself with a white light, and fall back to sleep.

This is starting to disrupt my health and energy level during the day, and Iím not sure what to do.

Is there anyone who is psychic or a clairvoyant who can give me direction?

Note: In the past, I had this happen, but was able to turn it off much easier Ė even as a kid. About 5 years ago (while living in another area), I had similar things happen, and I had a very credible psychic come in and clear my house. I was able to tell her who (gender and approx. age of the spirits) was in my home. She told me first, and I showed what I wrote down -- it was uncanny. The occurrences seemed to tone down a lot after that (I actually had peace!), but now, it's starting again but much heavier than before. How can it be getting worse as I get older???

My spouse of 29 years is aware of my struggles with this. He suggested finding similar people to get advice, training, or support on how to rechannel, but Iím not sure what to go or what to do. Are there any other forums out there that focus on this stuff?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 08:57 AM

6,235 posts, read 5,389,617 times
I would move to a different house, but that is just me, I wouldn't want to deal with this!

Old 09-11-2016, 10:04 AM

2,600 posts, read 1,489,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1D View Post
Iíve debated within myself to post these questions. Iím not insane (at least I donít think I am! LOL! ), but the symptoms Iím experiencing (if they are even called that?) are increasing.

How does one know if s/he is a clairvoyant or psychic? What are the signs? Iíve researched this very question and seem to get the flaky, bubble-gum type articles.

I can walk into a room and pick up on the energy in an instant. It hits me (good or bad) like a ton of bricks. Lately, the energy has been so intense that my digestive track is incredibly messed up. It is not diet. I can only contribute it to this energy field and/or my nervousness because of it.

During the day (sometimes), but especially at night, I feel that Iím being watched. This is in my home, but not always. It can be anywhere. I sometimes hear words that pop in my ear (a name or instruction -- almost as if they are yelling to get my attention), or sometimes I see a flash of a personís face (no, I've never seen them before!). Iím up A LOT at night because of this, but in particularly, between 3:00-3:30 a.m.

Iíve read about protecting oneself, so Iíve been trying to do that. It does work, but it takes me time to center myself, protect myself with a white light, and fall back to sleep.

This is starting to disrupt my health and energy level during the day, and Iím not sure what to do.

Is there anyone who is psychic or a clairvoyant who can give me direction?

Note: In the past, I had this happen, but was able to turn it off much easier Ė even as a kid. About 5 years ago (while living in another area), I had similar things happen, and I had a very credible psychic come in and clear my house. I was able to tell her who (gender and approx. age of the spirits) was in my home. She told me first, and I showed what I wrote down -- it was uncanny. The occurrences seemed to tone down a lot after that (I actually had peace!), but now, it's starting again but much heavier than before. How can it be getting worse as I get older???

My spouse of 29 years is aware of my struggles with this. He suggested finding similar people to get advice, training, or support on how to rechannel, but Iím not sure what to go or what to do. Are there any other forums out there that focus on this stuff?

Thank you.
I am a mental medium, psychic, and psychopomp (one who leads earthbound spirits to the other side), and I can relate, although my strongest psychic gift is clairaudience, not clairvoyance. It sounds to me like you have strong empathic, psychic, clairvoyant, and probably psychopomp abilities. What you are experiencing is very much like what I experienced when I was being called by Spirit to develop my abilities and do this work for others, which I have now done for the past 25+ years.

The reason it is getting stronger is probably because you are strongly gifted and you came into this lifetime with a goal of developing those gifts. I always say, Sprit/the Universe is trying to get your attention, first it whispers in your ear, and if you ignore it, it taps you on the shoulder, and if you ignore that, it hits you upside the head. You have been getting very strong indications that you have many gifts in this area, and most likely your guides are trying to get your attention.

The reason it is hitting your digestive tract is because one's intuition is centered in the Solar Plexus, which is also the area involved with digestion and you are getting intuitive "hits" constantly. This area is meant to connect with the Third Eye so that you can connect your intuition with your psychic abilities. If you are using it exclusively, your chakra system will be out of balance and you will be prone to these digestive difficulties. (If you were using the Third Eye exclusively, I would expect you to have headaches.)

Right now, you are not in control of your abilities. These are awesome gifts from Spirit, and I know that for me, it was kind of fun at first to just let them run and see what cool things happened--but after a while, it became exhausting and I started to feel that it was out of control. If you develop your abilities to the point where you can choose whether or not to be "on," you will probably get relief from these symptoms.

In my experience, clearing or moving won't help because you will take your gifts with you wherever you go. If you want to shut it down, you can do that, but I know of several people who did so and a few years later they were desperate to get back the gifts they had rejected-and could not do so, what they ended up with was just a pale reflection of what they had once had, and gave back to Spirit.

The best defense against having your life constantly disrupted by entities trying to get your attentionis to get yourself some training in raising your vibration (so that low vibrational entities won't be constantly trying to mess with you) and in working with your guides, especially your Gatekeeper guide, who can keep these entities from bothering you all hours of the day and night. My favorite source for learning to work with guides is the book So You Want to be a Medium? by Rose Vanden Eynden. If you work your way through that, you will have a band of guides around you that will uphold and support you in the adventure of being an empath in a society that often does not recognize or value this gifts.

I like Echo Bodine's and Sonia Choquette's books on psychic and intuitive development, and for someone as empathic as you, I would recommend books by Rose Rosetree such as The Empowered Empath as well. Beware of going on YouTube or the Internet for information, because a lot of it is utter garbage put out by people with more ego than skills. And beware of books with "easy" in the title. Nothing about this path is easy until you have gotten quite a ways down it. And any source that begins by teaching you how to do it without at least touching on how to protect yourself should be avoided until you have learned from another source about psychic hygiene and protection.

Also, guides on routinely balancing your chakras and keeping your aura strong are going to be helpful. And if you like crystals, for me wearing a Nuummite stone around my neck has helped immensely when I need to go out and be in crowded places. I used to get up in the morning feeling fine and then after spending 20 minutes in Target or another crowded place, I would feel tired, ill, and have a headache. Wearing a stone such as Nuummite (my favorite), Prehnite, or Rutilated Quartz can help mightily.

Those are my initial thoughts--good luck on your path!

Old 09-11-2016, 07:17 PM

3,748 posts, read 5,815,409 times
irootoo has a lot of good things to say there.
One thing I might add, and it's a bit of a personal peeve, is the term empath. The psychic senses are all 'clairs'; clairvoyant (sight) , clairaudient (sound), clairsentience (feeling), claircognizant (knowing), clairgustance (taste), clairalience (smell).
Empath are technically clairsentient. I blame Star Trek for the stray from the proper term.
I agree with the assessment that you are clairvoyant, a medium and clairsentient and maybe even a little bit claircognizant.
And do not be surprised if the other clairs pop up. I'm mainly cog, voyant, and sentient. But audio and odors will come to me as well.

I suggest your get a book by Pete Sanders called 'You Are Psychic!'.
He's an MIT grad who studies this while at University and so it's coming from a scientific approach and not a woo woo one.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:02 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,271,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
The best defense against having your life constantly disrupted by entities trying to get your attentionis to get yourself some training in raising your vibration (so that low vibrational entities won't be constantly trying to mess with you)...
Agree. But you didn't explain the OP how to raise her/his vibration practically.
Our vibration rate depends on quality of our feelings and thoughts. Any egoistic feelings or thoughts produce low vibrations. But high feeling such as love, or thought about something harmonical, spiritual or beautiful, are raising vibration of our aura. Any spiritual admiration or religious rapture makes our vibration very high. And, of course, the best tool to raise our vibration is prayer. The prayer that come out from our heart directly to any of the Great Spirits such as Jesus Christ, Buddha or Krishna (depends on your spiritual preference).

Old 09-11-2016, 09:30 PM

2,708 posts, read 2,983,980 times
I believe there are many reasons why we become sensitive to other energies. As the others say, it could be that you are naturally psychic and something which has happened recently has caused you to become more aware to these.

An interesting take on this came from a book I have just read by Jim Sparks called The Keepers which relates his experiences being an abductee. You may not think this has anything to do with your issue, however he says that he experienced many residual effects of the alien technology used to abduct him and it made him more psychic and sensitive as time went on. It seems that the technology used by them opens up that part of our brain which can pick up on these energies.

Not saying this is why you are becoming more psychic, but it may have relevance for others who read this thread later. Many people do not realise they are abductees until someone points out some typical things which they previously did not tie together. If researchers into the abduction experience are to be believed, there are millions of people worldwide who are being abducted and often it is many nights per week it is happening.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:20 PM

72,704 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Google around your area and state to see if you can find a bona fide psychic who offers classes on how to develop (in your case: harness) your abilities. If you find a few websites, check out the teacher as best you can; if you run into something that sounds to exaggerated or formulaic or hype-y, keep looking. If there's a bookstore in your area that specializes in spirituality, ask them if they know of anyone who might provide training sessions in developing one's psychic abilities.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:19 AM

2,600 posts, read 1,489,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Agree. But you didn't explain the OP how to raise her/his vibration practically.
Our vibration rate depends on quality of our feelings and thoughts. Any egoistic feelings or thoughts produce low vibrations. But high feeling such as love, or thought about something harmonical, spiritual or beautiful, are raising vibration of our aura. Any spiritual admiration or religious rapture makes our vibration very high. And, of course, the best tool to raise our vibration is prayer. The prayer that come out from our heart directly to any of the Great Spirits such as Jesus Christ, Buddha or Krishna (depends on your spiritual preference).
I wasn't actually trying to train the OP myself (because that would take quite a bit more than just a single post), just give some basic general information on what IMO goes into developing these gifts, and I can only recommend what worked for me.

For me, my connection with Jesus, the Blessed Mother, and other Ascended Masters didn't come until after I had raised my vibration considerably through meditation. I was not religious at the time, because Christianity had done a good job of boring any religious feelings out of me, and I certainly didn't pray. After a few meditation sessions, Jesus showed up. The Blessed Mother showed up when I was getting some body work. Both have stuck around, and I do talk to them now, but as my experience shows, the initial raising of the vibration doesn't have to be through prayer.

Personally, I mistrust raptures of any kind, because they have so often been used to mislead and manipulate innocent people. Plus, I'm big on living in the real world, and since it is pretty difficult to remain in a state of rapture and still do things like shop for groceries or drive to work, if you have these gifts, you need to find practical and surefire ways to keep your vibration high even when you're not in a state of rapture or admiration.

It sounds like you raised your vibration in a way that works for you, and I raised mine in a way that works for me, so that goes to show there are many different paths, but we agree on the destination.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:07 AM

997 posts, read 512,388 times
It's probably 3:33 that you would see on the clock. I am guessing that is why you are up at that time. I am not a big number synchronicity person but that means your guides are with you. I am big on synchronicity in all ways, but the numbers are not a big deal to me. At first they can be very obvious signs.

I am very psychic and I work with guidance all the time. I know a lot about that and one thing is that everybody is very different. There are similarities between experiences but the way you are approached is unique.

I was trained completely by my guides and I did not learn through others, but I did compare and contrast and I have worked with many many people in big or small ways. Everybody has their own way so take everything with a grain of salt. I follow no path but my own, and my approach is unique but the idea is for you to find your own way. What is right for one person isn't necessarily right for another but there are many similarities regardless of your belief system or individual experience.

I can say that Your experience is not at all unusual. It is good that you can feel energy. That is important for being able to work with it. I believe in energies but not spirits in the same way that other people do. I believe you are dealing with guidance and they do watch you. You do need to shield and be able to get grounded fast. There are easy ways to do that. Picture your shield and your tree.

There are forums regarding stuff like this but everybody has different ideas and many are whacko. You need to keep your feet firmly on the ground when you are doing this work. Understanding is helpful but misguidance is not.

I have been doing this for a long time and I never heard about the connection between stomach problems and the 3rd eye. Every time I have a big raise in vibration I get sick. I know there is a connection but I never knew why. I have searched far and wide but never heard that. I do get the head pains and that is common at first, when you are opening up, and if you are on a path, you never stop, so there are always adjustments.

I won't talk about this much on a public forum. You are welcome to PM me if you want to discuss it further.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:04 PM

3,234 posts, read 1,713,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
I am a mental medium, psychic, and psychopomp (one who leads earthbound spirits to the other side), and I can relate, although my strongest psychic gift is clairaudience, not clairvoyance. It sounds to me like you have strong empathic, psychic, clairvoyant, and probably psychopomp abilities. What you are experiencing is very much like what I experienced when I was being called by Spirit to develop my abilities and do this work for others, which I have now done for the past 25+ years.

The reason it is getting stronger is probably because you are strongly gifted and you came into this lifetime with a goal of developing those gifts. I always say, Sprit/the Universe is trying to get your attention, first it whispers in your ear, and if you ignore it, it taps you on the shoulder, and if you ignore that, it hits you upside the head. You have been getting very strong indications that you have many gifts in this area, and most likely your guides are trying to get your attention.

The reason it is hitting your digestive tract is because one's intuition is centered in the Solar Plexus, which is also the area involved with digestion and you are getting intuitive "hits" constantly. This area is meant to connect with the Third Eye so that you can connect your intuition with your psychic abilities. If you are using it exclusively, your chakra system will be out of balance and you will be prone to these digestive difficulties. (If you were using the Third Eye exclusively, I would expect you to have headaches.)

Right now, you are not in control of your abilities. These are awesome gifts from Spirit, and I know that for me, it was kind of fun at first to just let them run and see what cool things happened--but after a while, it became exhausting and I started to feel that it was out of control. If you develop your abilities to the point where you can choose whether or not to be "on," you will probably get relief from these symptoms.

In my experience, clearing or moving won't help because you will take your gifts with you wherever you go. If you want to shut it down, you can do that, but I know of several people who did so and a few years later they were desperate to get back the gifts they had rejected-and could not do so, what they ended up with was just a pale reflection of what they had once had, and gave back to Spirit.

The best defense against having your life constantly disrupted by entities trying to get your attentionis to get yourself some training in raising your vibration (so that low vibrational entities won't be constantly trying to mess with you) and in working with your guides, especially your Gatekeeper guide, who can keep these entities from bothering you all hours of the day and night. My favorite source for learning to work with guides is the book So You Want to be a Medium? by Rose Vanden Eynden. If you work your way through that, you will have a band of guides around you that will uphold and support you in the adventure of being an empath in a society that often does not recognize or value this gifts.

I like Echo Bodine's and Sonia Choquette's books on psychic and intuitive development, and for someone as empathic as you, I would recommend books by Rose Rosetree such as The Empowered Empath as well. Beware of going on YouTube or the Internet for information, because a lot of it is utter garbage put out by people with more ego than skills. And beware of books with "easy" in the title. Nothing about this path is easy until you have gotten quite a ways down it. And any source that begins by teaching you how to do it without at least touching on how to protect yourself should be avoided until you have learned from another source about psychic hygiene and protection.

Also, guides on routinely balancing your chakras and keeping your aura strong are going to be helpful. And if you like crystals, for me wearing a Nuummite stone around my neck has helped immensely when I need to go out and be in crowded places. I used to get up in the morning feeling fine and then after spending 20 minutes in Target or another crowded place, I would feel tired, ill, and have a headache. Wearing a stone such as Nuummite (my favorite), Prehnite, or Rutilated Quartz can help mightily.

Those are my initial thoughts--good luck on your path!
I definitely agree that we should not eradicate our gifts. I wouldn't trade my gift for the world even though it is often burdening. I only wish that I could perfect/master it.

Personally I'm not clairvoyant or psychic but I am rather good at reading people and I have higher capability of the four out of five senses. My eyesight is the bad sense but I can still observe things well with my eyes (I just need glasses). I also get deja vu a lot. I used to think except for one instance that was just due to my bad short term memory but I have asked people before if we had that conversation and they have said no.
Do you have any suggestions on mastering my gift? As far as the "reading" people, I've read up online immensely about body language but 9 times out of 10 they are things that I already know whether it be because of common sense or I just figured it out on my own with my intuition. I believe my gift is stunted/flawed because of two things: my disability and my insecurity. For instance though I can read people rather well my self perspective can be rather deficient in the way that I can't tell the difference between whether a guy is attracted to me or just enjoys my company platonically but I can with their feelings about other people. It doesn't make any sense but that's how I am. Also I will tell when someone doesn't like me but I can't for sure figure out why. Would those books help me as well? Or are they just for the truly psychic?

You also mentioned about spirits/the universe trying to get your attention. This is probly a little different because it's not a matter of being psychic but strange little coincidences so I feel like this has happened to me A LOT lately and you're right the more I try to say this is all in my head the more it has "hit" me. I wish sometimes it would shut up because I am overwhelmed as I am getting all these signs to go for what's on my heart but it won't tell me what is the right path to pursue it.

OP it may be not that it is getting worse but that you are becoming more aware of it. I believe that's what happened to me. I think my special nature was always there thinking about my past (I remember still having a low physical pain tolerance even then but never thought much about it because of my family life causing me emotional pain and maybe assumed the low physical pain tolerance was just due to having a frail body) but my young mind was not processing what was underneath the surface.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or