Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 07:51 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,577,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Yes; this is why I'm taking it slow. It was sweet & a bit funny that the whole time I thought I was "protecting" her; she was trying to protect ME.

Yes, she is sweet for trying to protect you. You need to tell her that you're okay with it and open mind about it. You also need to tell her that you're all ears for whatever she is willing to share with you and encourage her to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 08:33 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,646,246 times
I wouldn't put much into what they said as teenagers. With the internet, anyone can find out that people were jumping and hitting the pavement that day. I'm sure there was some discussion in the classroom after they showed the movie, so it could also be someone else (the teacher, classmates) who mentioned the people jumping. So, it's likely the recent comment comes from somewhere else, not any personal memory they may or may not have.

The comment they made as three year olds are interesting, but 12 years later, your memory of what they said may not be reliable. Now, if they had talked about pink dresses and being rescued by firemen regularly at that age, and you videotaped those conversations at the time, well, that would be a little different.

I'm open to the idea of reincarnation, but I think it's easy to twist things to serve as "proof" for what we want to believe. The truth is none of us will ever know for sure if reincarnation exists, at least not in this lifetime.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:12 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Is that referencing "Dimension"?

The person who can explain "dimension" to me would be my hero. I've studied Einstein & I just ... cannot ... wrap my brain ... around it.
Not sure what it's called. I had a spiritual teacher who would explain it that way--living lives at the same time. Weird. She was a physicist so they think like that any way. But, she would say lives aren't consecutive, time wise, but happening together. Maybe the way the Native Americans call time "All time"?

Old 09-30-2016, 05:06 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
I apologize if this thread offends somebody but this forum is read by so many people; I need to know if anyone else is having "issues".

I will start by saying I've never been really "sold" on the idea of Reincarnation. I'm not against it due to religion or anything, not closed off to the idea but I've just never been one to get into the whole "past-lives" thing.

My twin girls were born 9/14/2001. This year I cut my yearly "This is what happened/This is why 9/11 is such a big deal" talks off short, due to some pretty intense reactions from them.

I'm talking blanched white faces, nausea, tears. All from a somewhat PG-13 documentary they watched in school & a 20 min discussion with me.

Add to that a few things that were said by them when they were very young (3-4 years old) that came out of left field ... I will relate something that was said.

They do not remember saying it (as far as I can tell) & I've never told them that they said it.

It happened when we were stopped on a busy street in heavy traffic to let 2 fire engines out of a firehouse. They came out with horns/sirens & lights blaring. My twins were buckled into their car seats. One of them was playing with her dolly; waving it around & bouncing it off her tippy-toes, just smiling & sing-songing when suddenly she said (I'm intentionally mis-pronouncing to reflect EXACTLY what was said).

"I said for you after the fire." The other one: "Me too. I knowed you too."

I asked " ? Hmm; what fire?"

Her: " When I was a lady, I wore my new, pink, dress in the morning."

Then: " Those firemans told me no jumping. But my pink dress had fire on it. I went to the window but the firemans said no. So the fire made me died."

The other one: "My airplane made me died."

The one that made the "no jumping" comment came home from school feeling ill & said "Mom; I can't get the sound of those people that hit the ground out of my head. It was just so awful."

The thing is; I've seen that documentary they were shown. They don't play the actual "sounds of people hitting the ground". It's not on the video.

My question is:
Is this just teenage drama I'm dealing with? Toddlers excited by a fire truck? Or is it possible that I have something else on my hands?

Like I mentioned; I've never been a reincarnation believer but ... (?)
There actually is a documentary that includes the sounds of people falling. I'm pretty sure it's from the perspective of the French filmmaker who was doing a separate documentary with the FDNY prior to and on 9/11 and wound up getting a lot of firsthand footage. He's in the North Tower's lobby with some firemen and captures numerous crashing sounds, horrific actually, which on voice overs they explain is people falling. At one point a firefighter even reacts by screaming "Dammit!" or something out of frustration when the noise comes again. I've seen it on YouTube a bunch of times and did again this year around the anniversary and know for sure it includes the crashing sounds and they describe that being the bodies falling. If you want I can find the name of the documentary for you because of the top of my head I don't recall.

However regardless of this your story is very unnerving. Certainly odd comments for your daughters to make as children. And in my experience kids their age today aren't particularly affected by hearing/knowing about 9/11, especially ones living across the country. I've never believed in reincarnation either necessarily but I have heard stories similar to this - about other tragedies - where people claim their very young children could describe dying and even mention particular victims' family and friends' names that they would have no reason to know. Definitely odd.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:27 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,577,283 times
Any update on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal