U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 09:31 AM

51,225 posts, read 50,519,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Octobers always been my favorite month of the year since childhood, super sensitive to energy patterns regardless of the month. Dreams are vivid, the change started the last week of September. Any contact with deceased loved ones has never been through dreams, but I'm not real happy with what is coming through in dreams right now. Is it due to thinning of the veil; I don't know.

Grabbed my first bag of candy corn for the season a month ago.
I have to stay away from candy corn. I have no self-control. I woll eat it until I feel sick from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 10:59 AM

2,180 posts, read 1,203,715 times
yes
as long as I can remember the first week of October seems to be "change"

Ive always been "sensitive" (only word ive heard that comes close to describing the feeling)

sometimes its positive...sometimes its negative...for some reason this October I feel a lot more negative energy than usual...and I have been avoiding the news/media...dark energy...scary

Old 10-05-2016, 11:10 AM

11,429 posts, read 19,443,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have to stay away from candy corn. I have no self-control. I woll eat it until I feel sick from it.
Candy corn I can handle.... the ever elusive Indian Corn.... the chocolate variety? Man.....yum. Brach's now puts it in their Autumn Mix. One bag a year holds me.

I am not sensitive... so I can't say I've noticed anything.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:54 PM

15,710 posts, read 22,767,205 times
Quote:

I am very intuitive this week. Actually started Thursday morning. I woke from a dream in which flying glass and chunks of materials were coming at me. My first thought was "I hope this doesn't mean somethimg bad is about to happen."

2 or 3 hours latet there was a train crash at Hoboken Terminal, the train Terminal I passed through for years. Train jumped the track and part of the glass and steel canopy over the tracks came down. One person was killed and more than 100 injured.
Any intuitive dreams I've had foretell of deaths of someone close, preparing me for the loss?
I don't know if its a gift or a curse. I'm not doing well with what I saw.

Quote:
Yup, Octobers my sugar fix for the year.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:32 PM

55 posts, read 60,774 times
Default Thinning of the veil

I can't claim to be a sensitive type, but I have always thought that autumn was a very supernatural time of the year. I think that folks in the past have had a sense of this also, hence the holidays of Halloween/Samhain, All Saints' Day, Day of the Dead, and All Souls' Day. Catholics pray for the dead the entire month of November, which leads up to Christmas. It is a pious tradition among Catholics that the souls in purgatory are frequently released just before Christmas. Lots of supernatural stuff goes on in autumn.

As far as my own personal experiences, I had a doozy in November 2010. A luminous white orb appeared to me in my bedroom in the middle of the night after I had awakened from a horrendous nightmare. It hovered in front of me for about four minutes, then slowly faded away. I fell asleep within seconds after it left. I will never forget that night.

Two years later, my husband saw a luminous blue orb flashing in front of him for a few seconds. This was also in November, at 2:30 AM. It occurred just after I prayed over him because he was starting into an asthma attack. The orb bounced up and down in front of him for a several seconds, and then was gone. I didn't see it. Apparently, it was meant for his eyes only.

Yes, October, November and December are very strange months in my opinion. I believe lots of people experience things during this season. And it's usually at 3 AM!!

Old 10-05-2016, 05:50 PM

15,815 posts, read 4,933,811 times
I wish I could pierce the veil, because an online friend, someone I cared about deeply died suddenly last month. I'm missing him terribly and having a very hard time processing the loss. Is there some way to become more sensitive if you aren't naturally inclined that way? I am neither a believer nor a skeptic, but I am open to the idea that there is more going on in the universe than we humans can possibly understand.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I wish I could pierce the veil, because an online friend, someone I cared about deeply died suddenly last month. I'm missing him terribly and having a very hard time processing the loss. Is there some way to become more sensitive if you aren't naturally inclined that way? I am neither a believer nor a skeptic, but I am open to the idea that there is more going on in the universe than we humans can possibly understand.
Trust he's there to communicate, speak to him from your heart and mind, then be open to signs. You can even ask him for a sign, but if you're expecting dialog as though he's in the physical world, its not going to happen.

Some use EVP for contact. Threads available on the subject in forum archive.

Old 10-06-2016, 02:31 AM

15,815 posts, read 4,933,811 times
Quote:
Trust he's there to communicate, speak to him from your heart and mind, then be open to signs. You can even ask him for a sign, but if you're expecting dialog as though he's in the physical world, its not going to happen.

Some use EVP for contact. Threads available on the subject in forum archive.
Thank you, virgode. People keep telling me that he's with me in spirit, but I don't feel it. Maybe skeptics don't have the gift.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Thank you, virgode. People keep telling me that he's with me in spirit, but I don't feel it. Maybe skeptics don't have the gift.
You're welcome; my condolences on your loss.
Don't let the skeptic in you block communication; it may come surprisingly unexpected. I believe we all have that ability, some more than others. Can be a careful what you wish for as well... more information than you're comfortable with.

Last edited by virgode; 10-06-2016 at 05:12 AM..

Old 10-06-2016, 09:25 AM

51,225 posts, read 50,519,955 times
Quote:
You're welcome; my condolences on your loss.
Don't let the skeptic in you block communication; it may come surprisingly unexpected. I believe we all have that ability, some more than others. Can be a careful what you wish for as well... more information than you're comfortable with.
I believe that also, virgode. I think we just aren't listening sometimes but we can learn to do so. As you said in your other post, it is not always a welcome thing.

A few years ago I sat in a meeting with my boss, a man I liked and respected. I looked at him and I knew something was seriously wrong. I thought perhaps he had cancer. His face had what my mother used to call the death mask. It's not anything specific, just a look people have. He was in his early 60s, but he jogged and went to the gym and ate healthfully.

Two weeks later he dropped dead of a heart attack. Everyone in the office was in shock, except me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal