U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 02:01 PM

997 posts, read 514,680 times

Advertisements

I have had dreams about people who died and they called me on the phone in the dreams.

That is a suggestion to open that line of communication. It might work for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 02:58 PM

1,524 posts, read 781,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I have noticed an increased appetite for candy corn and miniature candy bars.
Same here, particularly Snickers and I haven't eat them for like years.. still taste favourite though

Old 10-06-2016, 03:08 PM

15,832 posts, read 4,947,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
I have had dreams about people who died and they called me on the phone in the dreams.

Thanks, Veronicka. The one previous experience I have had with a deceased person's spirit seeming to communicate with me happened many years ago in a dream, but it was face to face and not in a telephone call.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:57 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,043,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes. It is only October 2nd. Yet, I already feel a shift in energy. I am more intuitive. More psychic. My dreams are increasingly lucid and feature people who have passed on.

Has anyone else experienced this? Please give some examples.

ETA - If you are a skeptic or a "debunker", this thread is not for you.

I'd like to hear from others who are open to the spiritual and paranormal.
It's actually early this year. I felt it at the end of August. I mean, just gut wrenching sorrow. Someone suggested it was just me and I listened to "Summertime sadness" but it went pretty dark. pretty quick. Sadness would indicate something unresolved... and lets hope no one dials my number. ( lol) Just peachy, I say. I'm hiding. ( I'm in the invisible mode)

Old 10-06-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:

It happened to me. My mom.. of all people. Real quick. I was frantic, running around this old house a million miles an hour, everything was just wrong. Everything was just setting me off, to be mad. All of sudden, in the middle of the room, a telephone rang, which sat on some blue overlay on round wooden table. It was the old black phone with the push button numbers, so I answered and it was my mom. She said, "everything will be okay honey," and then static!!!!!! I was so mad, I slammed the phone down.. I wanted to talk with her for 2 minutes.. but no. I woke-up drenching wet from crying for two hours anyway, because I thought she was mad at me for slamming down the phone. My mother had passed two years before that dream and I had never grieved.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:48 PM

997 posts, read 514,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
It happened to me. My mom.. of all people. Real quick. I was frantic, running around this old house a million miles an hour, everything was just wrong. Everything was just setting me off, to be mad. All of sudden, in the middle of the room, a telephone rang, which sat on some blue overlay on round wooden table. It was the old black phone with the push button numbers, so I answered and it was my mom. She said, "everything will be okay honey," and then static!!!!!! I was so mad, I slammed the phone down.. I wanted to talk with her for 2 minutes.. but no. I woke-up drenching wet from crying for two hours anyway, because I thought she was mad at me for slamming down the phone. My mother had passed two years before that dream and I had never grieved.
That was probably all she was allowed to say. That kind of communication is kind of breaking the rules, or bending them. It was a reassurance. Sometimes what we need the most is to be told that everything will be ok.

It was 'just a dream' but dreams aren't always 'just dreams'. You can tell the difference from a regular dream that is just fragments and for the purpose of subconscious processing, and the other kind which are vivid, sequential and colorful.

They say we aren't supposed to dream in color, but if you notice color, then that is a clue. You saw the blue overlay and the black phone.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:51 PM

22,790 posts, read 21,843,420 times
This year more than most, and it did start early. Three times in the last five or six weeks I've heard loud bangs and a crash from upstairs, the roof, and the deck. There was nothing there. The one time, my son was here doing laundry upstairs and I was downstairs. I wondered what in heck he'd done this time. He started calling my name, and ran downstairs. He thought I'd fallen and knocked something over.

Last night it was the shadow figure and the black cat--more than once each. That was followed by a long, detailed, slightly disturbing dream.

It's only the 10th.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:41 PM

412 posts, read 176,855 times
I've felt it in August. I describe it as a nostalgic feeling of what it felt several years ago at about the same time frame. Like school. I've tried to explain the feeling a few times but it seemed as if nobody understood me. Kinda like a change of season, where I feel more alive now. A breath of fresh air.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:45 PM

412 posts, read 176,855 times
Quote:
I had that happen. My dad and grandmother. When they called, it was all zeroes. I didn't answer. I woke up right after, really sad because I didn't answer...

Old 10-11-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
That was probably all she was allowed to say. That kind of communication is kind of breaking the rules, or bending them. It was a reassurance. Sometimes what we need the most is to be told that everything will be ok.

It was 'just a dream' but dreams aren't always 'just dreams'. You can tell the difference from a regular dream that is just fragments and for the purpose of subconscious processing, and the other kind which are vivid, sequential and colorful.

They say we aren't supposed to dream in color, but if you notice color, then that is a clue. You saw the blue overlay and the black phone.
Neat. I never thought about that way ( well, I did in my unconscious but didn't want to admit mommie was bending the rules.. ) She was one tough gal, really. She had 5 kids that were driving her crazy on a daily basis (it was our job, someone had to do it) Three boys were her flesh and blood and the other two were sent from hel ( you get the picture) boy and girl, she had a dog named ugly, worked at Wal-mart corporate in a high end position before Sam Walton was much of anything ( I did the same, whole family did the same) She had a son that committed suicide one morning while she was getting ready for work and got to witness his blown-out skull.. so yah, she died of a broken heart really, always was disappointed in my dad. She said, "I always prayed for someone to love me, and I forgot to include that this someone needed to love me back". She's laying right beside my brother and never got over that, she was riddled with cancer by the time she passed. I'm the same age as she was when she passed this year. She was a rule-bender, to say the least.

Speaking of answering phone.. there is a part in the very beginning of "Summertime Sadness" that has a distinct phone call that I thought was pretty relevant to this thread. I've never heard that version.. song is dark.

Phone call is at 0.12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdrL3QxjyVw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal