U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2016, 11:05 PM

1,519 posts, read 885,855 times

Advertisements

You don't need evidence,the supernatural belongs to the feminine world of darkness and unconscious awareness,intuitive understanding.Not the masculine world of light and conscious awareness,which is about fact and reason,logic etc.
I think some souls are too young to understand what I'm trying to say,but others have been on the ride for a long time and are familiar with it all.

All my experiences have been hard evidence for me e.g dreams I had years ago that came true (precognitive dreams),just because some people are limited to the five senses,five apertures into reality and don't experience the supernatural,doesn't mean we are all that limited.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:52 PM

12 posts, read 8,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Yes I have had several dreams with Joe in them. Unfortunately he keeps getting diagnosed with cancer of different parts of his body over and over. This is a bit distressing to me. I reason it out to be my reliving his diagnosis then NDE then re-occurrence then just slowly getting worse. The 3 years 8 months of being kicked in the gut. Not complaining just stating facts.

I forgot to mention perhaps the best way to remain in contact with our loved ones on the Other Side: prayer. Many NDErs have learned how much our loved ones in spirit crave our prayers to continue communication with them. Pray to God to open a channel to your husband so that you can communicate to your husband in prayer. Catholics believe in praying to the dead and, although Protestants abhor praying to anyone other than Jesus or God, praying to the dead is mentioned in the New Testament apocrypha.
Here is a great web page about prayer as seen from the NDE perspective. Whatever the reason for your continual dreaming of your husband's cancer, prayer can help you understand or overcome or move one or whatever you need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
I do believe he is here with me and I have lightly been accused of not grieving enough because I am going on with life and taking care of things here as I want to and I am sure he would want me to. I do not want to be whining and sniveling all the time. BUT I do feel him with me. I started writing "things I want to tell you you probably already know". I have been some what lax on it but when I feel the need for this I do so.
Not everyone grieves in the same way. Pay no attention to naysayers. People who have had NDEs have absolutely no doubt in a better life after death; and frequently they find it difficult to grieve in the same manner as people who have no hope in such a life after death. I have heard from NDErs, upon learning that a friend has recently passed, would have an iinitial response of "That's great! How fantastic!" because they know their friend is in a much better place. But because such a response would make them appear completely crazy (or worse), they have to respond with "Oh, how terrible." But, of course, it is always terrible for close loved ones left behind.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:31 PM

16,510 posts, read 20,779,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Here's one problem for most ghost/supernatural claims: If ghosts are supposedly non-physical beings, how is it that we can even see them? The human eye sees light that is reflected off of physical substances. If ghosts aren't physical, how is it that light waves could even reflect off of them?
Our eyes detect the light, but we actually "see" in the brain. What if ghosts are simply accessing the source directly rather than going through the visible light spectrum?

Not saying I necessarily believe that. But it is a possible explanation.

Or it could be simply that ghosts are a perfectly natural phenomenon that our science simply hasn't discovered yet. Contrary to popular materialist belief, we 21st century humans don't quite know it all just yet.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:22 PM

25,057 posts, read 23,942,176 times
This question has always seemed to me to be like a person who is completely red/green colorblind asking about the color of grass or male cardinals. I can tell you what I see, but you won't really understand.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:06 PM

5,667 posts, read 2,872,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
You don't need evidence,the supernatural belongs to the feminine world of darkness and unconscious awareness,intuitive understanding.Not the masculine world of light and conscious awareness,which is about fact and reason,logic etc.
I think some souls are too young to understand what I'm trying to say,but others have been on the ride for a long time and are familiar with it all.

All my experiences have been hard evidence for me e.g dreams I had years ago that came true (precognitive dreams),just because some people are limited to the five senses,five apertures into reality and don't experience the supernatural,doesn't mean we are all that limited.
My Question remains; what proof is there?

I know someone who has seen a ghost. Did he see a ghost (which had reportedly been seen by others under the same conditions) or did he imagine it as a result of the conditions and the fact that he had heard of it before?

It was after finishing afternoon shift at midnight and traveling some distance on an open but winding road in misty conditions. He could have dreamed it.

So this man who was killed on this bend in the road in misty conditions at around that time of night had apparently walked out in front of an oncoming car.

This friend experienced it in a similar way. The man walked out in front of him and he 'hit' the man. He stopped and got out the car but found no-one and no damage to his car and there was no impact noise. He was of course in shock.

I'm not sure what to make of this story. I have no reason to suspect this friend made this up.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:47 PM

1,542 posts, read 2,385,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neardeath View Post

I forgot to mention perhaps the best way to remain in contact with our loved ones on the Other Side: prayer. Many NDErs have learned how much our loved ones in spirit crave our prayers to continue communication with them. Pray to God to open a channel to your husband so that you can communicate to your husband in prayer. Catholics believe in praying to the dead and, although Protestants abhor praying to anyone other than Jesus or God, praying to the dead is mentioned in the New Testament apocrypha.
Here is a great web page about prayer as seen from the NDE perspective. Whatever the reason for your continual dreaming of your husband's cancer, prayer can help you understand or overcome or move one or whatever you need to do.

Not everyone grieves in the same way. Pay no attention to naysayers. People who have had NDEs have absolutely no doubt in a better life after death; and frequently they find it difficult to grieve in the same manner as people who have no hope in such a life after death. I have heard from NDErs, upon learning that a friend has recently passed, would have an iinitial response of "That's great! How fantastic!" because they know their friend is in a much better place. But because such a response would make them appear completely crazy (or worse), they have to respond with "Oh, how terrible." But, of course, it is always terrible for close loved ones left behind.
Neardeath the awful dying dreams have stopped. Thankfully. PHEW. They were hard for me.

The dreams continue though. It is like during the day I am living my life alone knowing he is gone. When I sleep I live a whole different day with him here and like none of this(his illness and death) ever happened. I wake in the night to let the dog out and know I was dreaming and remember some of the dream very clearly. I need to start keeping a tablet to write the dreams down when I wake. By morning I have forgotten them. Just that they were peaceful and about regular days we used to have or are now having in the spirit world??

Old 03-11-2017, 08:44 AM

486 posts, read 722,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I've been researching this stuff for 3 years now--afterlife, NDE's, deathbed visions, spirits, OBE's, ghost boxes--the whole nine yards and I've yet to come across a piece of evidence that is 100% reliable. Is there any?
Oh please, please let me just go *poof* when I die. I DO NOT want to go to any afterlife. This life is bad enough. Plus why would I want to meet up with a "G*D" who allows the horrors that goes on in this Earth (he supposedly killed and tortured his own son!), ignores his supposed children and their prayers and basically says **** you, now worship me your "loving" father!

Bah...I would rather not exist, like before I was born.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:08 PM

12 posts, read 8,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebola View Post
Oh please, please let me just go *poof* when I die. I DO NOT want to go to any afterlife. This life is bad enough. Plus why would I want to meet up with a "G*D" who allows the horrors that goes on in this Earth (he supposedly killed and tortured his own son!), ignores his supposed children and their prayers and basically says **** you, now worship me your "loving" father! Bah...I would rather not exist, like before I was born.
A man goes to heaven, meets God and asks him, "So why do you allow things like famine, war, suffering, disease, crime, homelessness, despair, etc. exist in our world?" Then God replied to him, "Interesting that you should bring that up as I was about to ask you the exact same question."

The moral of this story is the same experienced by a Rabbi who survived the Nazi Holocaust when asked, "Where was God when the Holocaust was happening?" responded, "The question is not 'Where was God?', but 'Where was man?'"

I understand that many people have experienced a literal hell on Earth. And life certainly isn't a "bed of roses". When you consider how most people in this world live in poverty and are struggling just to survive, I don't believe life is supposed to be easy. And this situation was even worse the farther you go down through human history. This raises the question of why has the belief in heaven and an afterlife also been so prevalent throughout human history? Wishful thinking? You might as well say delusional thinking. No, I believe it is more than that: like the demand for divine justice. People say there iis so much injustice in the world. This cannot be denied. But where did we get the idea of a just world? Once again I appeal to an argument from the Christian philosopher C.S. Lewis whose former belief in an unjust world led him away from atheism to theism which can also be applied to the existence of an afterlife:

"My argument against God [or an afterlife] was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust? If the whole show was bad and senseless from A to Z, so to speak, why did I, who was supposed to be part of the show, find myself in such violent reaction against it? A man feels wet when he falls into water, because man is not a water animal: a fish would not feel wet. Of course I could have given up my idea of justice by saying it was nothing but a private idea of my own. But if I did that, then my argument against God collapsed too - for the argument depended on saying that the world was really unjust, not simply that it did not happen to please my fancies. Thus in the very act of trying to prove that God did not exist - in other words, that the whole of reality was senseless - I found I was forced to assume that one part of reality - namely my idea of justice - was full of sense. Consequently atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be a word without meaning." (Mere Christianity, 1952)

C.S. Lewis also wrote extensively about the "problem of suffering" and how Christ, for example, was made perfect through what he suffered (Hebrews 2:10;5:8-10). And NDE studies show that the hellish realms are not places of judgment or punishment; but are conditions God allows to exist for purposes of perfection, purification, enlightenment, education, and spiritual growth. This is why God allows good people to suffer in horrible ways. And then there is the principle once said by the poet Will Carleton, "To appreciate heaven well it is good for a man to have some fifteen minutes of hell." In other words, where there is no pain, there is no gain. I believe God's love is not a passive love, but a tough love -- which is an aspect of unconditional love. This is why NDE studies and early Christian history shows that God has a plan of salvation for every soul and no one is cast off forever as the Bible states: "For no one is cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone." (Lamentations 3:31-33).

Old 03-12-2017, 08:41 AM

4,854 posts, read 2,912,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neardeath View Post
The moral of this story is the same experienced by a Rabbi who survived the Nazi Holocaust when asked, "Where was God when the Holocaust was happening?" responded, "The question is not 'Where was God?', but 'Where was man?'"
WOW, Strong quote.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:05 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,206,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebola View Post
Oh please, please let me just go *poof* when I die. I DO NOT want to go to any afterlife. This life is bad enough. Plus why would I want to meet up with a "G*D" who allows the horrors that goes on in this Earth (he supposedly killed and tortured his own son!), ignores his supposed children and their prayers and basically says **** you, now worship me your "loving" father!

Bah...I would rather not exist, like before I was born.
This reminds me of a dream I had awhile back, it was rather humorous. I was dreaming that I was talking to God. In my dream God said that IT doesn't like to be called God, but prefers Creator, since that is what IT does. So I ask the Creator why IT allows such things to happen to people, the Creator said that is wasn't the Creators position to interfere with its creation, I ask if IT could fix the mess our planet is in, IT responded by saying that IT was the Creator and not a magician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or