U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2017, 02:10 PM

3,756 posts, read 2,123,163 times

Advertisements

I had one under anesthesia I think. A favorite past time of mine when I was a child was playing cards with my grandmother (12 years deceased). Well under the knife during a knee surgery I spent the entire time in a room of bright lights playing cards with her. Never had that kind of experience before or since.

Old 10-14-2017, 02:12 PM

3,756 posts, read 2,123,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The right medium, reader, or psychic can bridge the gap for us. The great Oda Mae Brown has helped many people reconnect.
Sister Oda Mae. Grant us the gift of your all seen presence. Appear before us now

Mrs. Santiago, you're fortunate today the Spirits are churning? My husband? HAVE MERCY!!!!

Old 10-15-2017, 12:02 PM

1,519 posts, read 884,002 times
Here's some great NDE's
https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/exceptional.html

Old 10-18-2017, 06:56 AM

245 posts, read 113,413 times
Great thread - many thanks to those who have contributed.

OP - if you're searching for 100%, iron-clad proof of what you're searching for, sorry to say, you're not going to find it. But that's true of a great number of things, like human-induced global warming (very, very strong evidence, yes, but absolute proof, no. And what "proof" do we have of the Big Bang? Nobody was there to actually see it.)

But evidence, yes, there's lots and lots of it, and much of it is pretty convincing.

I've never had any true NDE's of my own, except for the one time I crashed my bike into a parked car going about 30 mph. No helmet, of course. I remember the front tire kissing that bumper, and the next thing I knew, I was floating in a formless void, unable to recall who I was, let alone what'd happened to me. Just like a computer engaging in full boot-up, I got my sense of self back (still in this formless void - really quite similar to Eban Alexander's descriptions of "worm's eye view" before he entered the heavenly realms.) Then I figured out the where, and the when, and then I opened my eyes to find myself laying against the front fender of the car I'd crashed into. The funny thing was that I couldn't feel any pain whatsoever - I had to visually check for injuries, such as the nasty gash in my shin.

Did I die for a few seconds? No way of knowing. But I certainly was out of it for a bit...lol.

A more recent experience I'd like to share - I had a dream once, of me on a mountain somewhere, in my car which I was unable to start. I coasted downhill on the winding road, manually shifting into gear to try and get it started, to no avail.. The dream was quite vivid and stuck with me for a while.

A few months later, I went for a ride in the hills north of Atlanta (I'd just moved from Florida and I was out exploring). I went up this small mountain which had a spaceship house on it. I climbed the fire tower nearby to check out the view and then proceeded to head back down. Lo and behold, the car would not start. I was able to get it turned around and got it coasting downhill, popping into gear to get it started. That's when I realized that I was living out the dream I'd had previously, down to the last detail. Despite my repeated efforts to get the car started, I knew it wouldn't work, just like the dream. It was the most oddest thing - recalling the dream in every detail while experiencing it for real, side-by-side in real time.

What happened after that? In the dream, I woke up before reaching the bottom. In real life, I coasted off the hill and toward the main road, where there was a car repair shop. I wasn't quite able to coast into the shop, but I got a friendly tech to help me roll it into the shop, where I explained what happened. He hooked up the battery tester and told me that it had a full charge. He then cranked the car and it started up like if nothing had happened at all! He had zero clue what could have made the car not able to start - everything was in order. I thanked him and drove back home with zero incident.

I've had other "weird" experiences, but this one takes the cake.

As for the dead, I did have a dream recently in which I had a really nice talk with my great-grandmother who passed on in 1982. What sucks is that I can't recall what we talked about. I just remember it was a very nice conversation, full of love and comfort. I guess that's what matters, huh?

Old 10-24-2017, 12:21 AM

11,179 posts, read 6,511,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
There's plenty of evidence. I've read dozens of accounts (& I'm sure that there's hundreds that I've yet to come across) where children have such a detailed memory of their previous life, that the childs parents have investigated & the childrens memories have been proved accurate.

Only last year there was an Indian boy who kept insisting that he was a cobbler with a family & lived in a certain town in his previous life. Eventually his parents took him to the village where he met his former wife. After speaking with the boy, his 'widow' was convinced that this boy was her 'dead' husband, who knew intimate details of their life together that no-one else knew.
It's sad that parents and adults enlist children in such frauds.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:23 AM

245 posts, read 113,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It's sad that parents and adults enlist children in such frauds.
Do you have proof that this is a fraud? Do you have proof that all these stories are frauds?

As for my past life experience (getting shot out of the sky by the German Luftwaffe in WWII) - I still haven't told my parents about that, although I'm almost 51. Can I prove that this is who I was in my previous life? Of course not - but there's no way to disprove it, either.

I've freaked out many a person in my lifetime with my "future stuff" though.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:02 PM

520 posts, read 625,581 times
A good site

https://www.youtube.com/user/offTheLeftEye

Old 03-24-2019, 11:13 PM

10,569 posts, read 2,696,917 times
THe thing is though, people that refuse to believe...even if they are shown a pic or video of something claiming to be supernat/paranormal...they automatically jump to believing its a fake or hoaxed.

I think there are alot of 'blind' people in the world...if a UFO landed in NYC, on New years eve, and every media outlet in the world was covering it, they would still cry fake, their minds will not let them believe or even entertain the theory something may be real.

Old 03-25-2019, 06:48 AM

579 posts, read 137,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I've been researching this stuff for 3 years now--afterlife, NDE's, deathbed visions, spirits, OBE's, ghost boxes--the whole nine yards and I've yet to come across a piece of evidence that is 100% reliable. Is there any?
Only to the person that has experienced them.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:12 PM

2,976 posts, read 3,223,918 times
Anyone who wants to experience past lives should investigate and look up the Christos Experiment by Michael Glaskin. It is a technique where a couple of people can help a third person experience an altered state where past lives/past life-like experiences occur. Kind-of like out of body state but maybe not quite. Involves a mixture of massage and visualisation techniques. I have not done it but only read that many people have tried it. I have posted about it with links on CD fairly recently in another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or