Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 10:55 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times

Advertisements

Over the last few years, there has been research into genetic memory, and how its passed down thru generations. It's passed down through the sperm.

So, to ME (and my interpretation) that would be/could be evidence of reincarnation...kind of.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:53 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Re NDE's what puzzles me about them is how some float to the top of the ceiling, then go down the hospital hall and see loved ones grieving, then go out the door and fly around some more to nearby locations, like George Ritchie who flew some 500 miles across Texas to Louisiana and stopped in a small town in front of a diner. He says has he stood on the sidewalk asking people who walked by where he was and they ignored him, obviously because they couldn't see him. It was when he put his hand through a telephone anchor wire that he realized something was amiss.

But then there are others who say they immediately go flying down a dark tunnel with the characteristic light at the end.

So why does one hang around while another goes down the tunnel? Some don't even experience a tunnel; they walk through a door into a beautiful garden. There are countless other versions of this sequence. It's no wonder skeptics say it's all just a dying brain triggering hallucinations because each person has a totally different version. If this is all controlled by God why is He giving each person a completely different way of getting to the afterlife? Why does He allow some souls to hang around earth forever as earthbound spirits and others He immediately sucks into the vortex?

I'm trying to find some coherence to all of this and I cannot find a single common pattern. It all seems so haphazard.
I think it could be different for each person just as our lives in this world, and our perspectives of events in this world are varied -- not all the same. I believe people have had NDEs or out-of body experiences. Can I prove it? No. Would I seek out trying to leave my body - no! I think those who are seeking it out as in seeking "astral projection" are unwise.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:52 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I think it could be different for each person just as our lives in this world, and our perspectives of events in this world are varied -- not all the same. I believe people have had NDEs or out-of body experiences. Can I prove it? No. Would I seek out trying to leave my body - no! I think those who are seeking it out as in seeking "astral projection" are unwise.
you are absolutely on target.

my nde occurred years before the book.
the priest I went to told me I was dreaming.

never having read a bible before it (was 18)
had to go and read about how spirit presents after death as it was totally different than catholic teaching.

an evangelical minister suggested I read it and it was very helpful

Old 04-07-2019, 12:14 AM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Old thread, but if the op is still looking for evidence, I would suggest he/she get involved with EVP.
That is the best way to prove there is an afterlife.
Plenty of web sites out there to show you how.

Bob.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:18 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
My dad was not religious, and i was always somewhat of a skeptic, and thought " eternal life" was just that you live on in loved one's memories. Until i had several events that convinced me that souls go on, and retain memories from their life here.
In 1987, had a newly adopted 6 mo old puppy contract distemper and die. (Was vaccinated, but unknowingly exposed heavily to virus). That night, my husband and i were lying in bed, me silently crying, and i heard panting coming from under the chair he used to sleep under. I thought i was imagining it, so i ignored it. Then my DH, jumped out of bed and said, "Linda, you didn't". He flipped on the light, and i asked him what he is talking about. He said he heard panting coming from under the chair too. (I think the dog came back to let me know he was ok).
In 1995, my dad, that i was close to, died of lung cancer. About a month after he died, i was driving my mom from fl to nh, so she could move into a townhome there, and have her mom with early alzheimers move in with her. The 2nd night on the rd, in hotel rm, i had a vivid dream where my dad was standing on a curved gravel driveway that went uphill that led to a cabin. He was telling me he was ok, and i kept saying "but your dead". He fonally got mad and started pointing his finger and telling me "verify the information...ask about the cabin and sunny villa".
I woke up and a few min later my mom got up and went to bathroom. (It was about 5 am). When she came out, i asked her " mom, does the cabin and sunny villa mean anything to you?" She was half asleep and said "oh, linda..i dont know...the only thing i can think of, is there were cabins your dad and i used to go stay at called that, but you werent even born yet" . So later, when we were awake, i sat at one side of the rm and mom sat at other, and we drew out what we remembered/saw. When done, compared pictures. They were mirror images of each other...the curving gravel driveway going uphill, side entry porch, number of windows, door placement.
Then after i flew home to nm, my mom called me a week later and said that when she was moving my gm stuff, she had a strong urge to go thru a desk drawer. In a drawer packed with photos, was 1 postcard, from my grandmother's sister to my gm, postmarked 30 yrs earlier (to the day), of the sunny villa cabins restaurant. Kind of like confirmation.

Then about a mo later, when i was laying in bed, awake, i heard a loud wooshing noise that was so loud it was almost painful. I just laid there because it was so weird, i didnt know what it was. Then all of a sudden, i heard my dad's voice come thru like he was talking over a radio, and he said "Hi Honeybunch. I love you. Give my love to your mom". Then the whoishing rtned for a few seconds and was gone.

About a week after that, i was listening to the police scanner (small town, so not usually in code). (My dad used to be an airline pilot, and i did air traffic control in the military. Dad used to call me up when he was flying over, just to say hi.) So i am listening to the police scanner, and should not hear any planes due to the difference in uhf/vhf/radio frequencies. I wasnt getting any bleedthru from air traffic, when all of a sudden i heard a delta plane (same airline that dad retired from), call up albuqurque center, and heard the pilot make several transmussions in about an 8 min period. Since all of the aircraft on an airway are on same frequency, if there was some weird bleedthru, i should have heard other aircraft on the airway. Never did.

Then i found a small metaphysical bookshop downtown that i had never seen. Borrowed book on automatic writing. Didnt work and i felt like an idiot. Brought book back, and guy running shop asked me how it worked, and i told him it didnt. So he told me i ought to meet mark, and have him do it for me. So i did, and it was incredible. I gave him my dads name and birthday, when i sat down, and he started in. He would write something and tell me what he felt. I asked what my dad thought of funeral. Mentioned talks of respect, yet not the personal kind (feneric pastor that had never met my dad did service). Said something about a veil or a shroud. Said dad couldnt see the funeral. And i said "of course not...he was dead". And mark said, no, they usually still see it but he couldnt. (My dad donated his eyes.)
Then he wrote "She's like the wind" ...that was one of my dads favorite songs that we played at his funeral (all up eat music that he liked). And he wrote "on the wings of eagles. " That was on the front of his funeral program, since he loved to fly and would joke that he wanted to come back as an eagle.
Said "follow your heart, the flowers for mother". Didnt make sense at the time, but when talking to my mom a few days later and asking what she wanted to do, she said she thought she might like to get into flower designing.
Then there was a poem about a princess and a pony. I have always been involved in horses, but not ponies. Mark said it was specific about ponies. And asked if my dad ever called me his princess. I told him no.
About a week later i get an ad from the Danbury Mint for a collector plate (checked postmark..mailed from danbury ct), called Gift for a princess, about an indian chief that so loved his new baby daughter he wanted to find the perfect gift. So he gave her an indian pony. It made the poem from my dad make sense.
Then when my oldest brother died in aug 97, and my mom had just had to put her mom into assisted living, i found out 2 days before thanksgiving that my mom would be alone for the holiday. She would normally have had my oldest brother there, but i thought my other brother would have her over to his house. Then i found out, he was going out of town to his wife's sister's house. So i bought a plane ticket for cash, and flew home the day before Thanksgiving so my mom wouldnt be alone. When i flew out at about 5 am the day after tgiving, i got on the plane in coach. After doors closed, a steward came up and said "linda x"? I said "yes" and he said "your seats been changed" and handed me a new preprinted boarding pass for first class. My old seat # was handwritten on it and circled. (Later on, i realized it looked like my dads writing). I was going to ask the steward why i got upgraded after takeoff, but never saw him again.
After landing i called my mim and asked if i had her to thank for upgrade. She didnt know anything about it. Then she asked about frequent flier miles, (no), credit card upgrade (no..pd cash), maybe they recognized name and knew dad was a pilot (no....i used my married name). So she said it was strangw, but she would ask the chief pilots secretary that was a friend. She did, and chief pilots secretary went into the computer and said she would pull up the boarding pass and reason for change. She called my mom back and said there was no record of another boarding pass being issued. Yet i have both. I figured dad upgraded me to say thx for being there for mom.

In 1998, a dog i had that was elderly, died of a sudden heart attack. That night while laying in bed, i heard panting on the floor, then felt a weight on the bed, and could feel the bed moving with the panting. So i just said "its ok Jet. I lnow you are ok. You can go". And it dissappeared.

Then my mom dird last yr. She had a dog she adored that had passed away about 6 yrs earlier,whos cremated ashes she wanted in her casket. So i got them in there.
In mar i did a phone reading with george anderson, the medium. Its done anonomously, and you only answer yes or no. Well he starts by telling me there are 3 women, mother, grandmother, aunt, and 3 men (2 brothers and dad), and when he is talking about brother, all of a sudden he says, "wait! The mother figure is stepping forward and insisting i tell you "that the dog is here".
Then he went on to "guess that my brother died somewhat young of a medical problem in his sleep, and that he kbew he was sick but didnt know he was going to die. He then said that the brother wanted to know if the name mike, mikey, michael meant anything to me. And before i could answer he laughed and said "wait! Thats HIS name. He's just messing with me.".
Then he saw a man in a dark uniform that he couldn't identify, surrounded by men in the same uniform. Then he said one of the men was stepping fwd and saying he was Bill/William and the best friend of my dad.
My dad's best friend was another pilot that had been hired at the same time. He had died 3 weeks after my dad of a heart attack.
There were other things, but enough that i feel absolutely sure you go on.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:35 AM

1,022 posts, read 774,127 times
There is no evidence for any of that as there is no such things. It is all stuff made up by the imaginations of human animals

Old 06-14-2019, 11:07 AM

135 posts, read 85,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
There is no evidence for any of that as there is no such things. It is all stuff made up by the imaginations of human animals
Smh...all the stories that people have of NDEs, seeing spirits, etc.
Guess the story from a Harvard neurosurgeon is just in his imagination too.

“Eben Alexander is a neurosurgeon who taught and practiced at several prestigious hospitals and medical schools, including Brigham and Women’s and Harvard.”

“It was Alexander who really upped the scientific stakes. He studied his own medical charts and came to the conclusion that he was in such a deep coma during his NDE, and his brain was so completely shut down, that the only way to explain what he felt and saw was that his soul had indeed detached from his body and gone on a trip to another world, and that angels, God, and the afterlife are all as real as can be.”

Few case studies

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4117086/

One case was validated and timed using auditory stimuli during cardiac arrest. Dr Parnia concluded: “This is significant, since it has often been assumed that experiences in relation to death are likely hallucinations or illusions, occurring either before the heart stops or after the heart has been successfully restarted, but not an experience corresponding with ‘real’ events when the heart isn’t beating. In this case, consciousness and awareness appeared to occur during a three-minute period when there was no heartbeat. This is paradoxical, since the brain typically ceases functioning within 20-30 seconds of the heart stopping and doesn’t resume again until the heart has been restarted. Furthermore, the detailed recollections of visual awareness in this case were consistent with verified events.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quoting2400 View Post
Smh...all the stories that people have of NDEs, seeing spirits, etc.
Guess the story from a Harvard neurosurgeon is just in his imagination too.

“Eben Alexander is a neurosurgeon who taught and practiced at several prestigious hospitals and medical schools, including Brigham and Women’s and Harvard.”

“It was Alexander who really upped the scientific stakes. He studied his own medical charts and came to the conclusion that he was in such a deep coma during his NDE, and his brain was so completely shut down, that the only way to explain what he felt and saw was that his soul had indeed detached from his body and gone on a trip to another world, and that angels, God, and the afterlife are all as real as can be.”

Few case studies

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4117086/

One case was validated and timed using auditory stimuli during cardiac arrest. Dr Parnia concluded: “This is significant, since it has often been assumed that experiences in relation to death are likely hallucinations or illusions, occurring either before the heart stops or after the heart has been successfully restarted, but not an experience corresponding with ‘real’ events when the heart isn’t beating. In this case, consciousness and awareness appeared to occur during a three-minute period when there was no heartbeat. This is paradoxical, since the brain typically ceases functioning within 20-30 seconds of the heart stopping and doesn’t resume again until the heart has been restarted. Furthermore, the detailed recollections of visual awareness in this case were consistent with verified events.
People make up all kinds of things. Fact is science does not accept stories it accepts evidence, facts. Which is why does not accept the supernatural as there is zero prood for it and why not one single person ever won the James Randi Challenge.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:11 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
People make up all kinds of things. Fact is science does not accept stories it accepts evidence, facts. Which is why does not accept the supernatural as there is zero prood for it and why not one single person ever won the James Randi Challenge.
Exactly what kind of proof would be acceptable?

Bob.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Exactly what kind of proof would be acceptable?

Bob.
Actual evidence. If someone had evidence that proved the supernatural they would be the most famous person ever! And heck they could have won a million dollars from the James Randi Challenge as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal