Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 02:37 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
There is zero evidence that is even moderately reliable.

Here's one problem for most ghost/supernatural claims: If ghosts are supposedly non-physical beings, how is it that we can even see them? The human eye sees light that is reflected off of physical substances. If ghosts aren't physical, how is it that light waves could even reflect off of them?
Good question; I'd love to have the answer. If myself and plenty of others didn't have
photographic evidence I'd agree its impossible.

Old 10-06-2016, 03:45 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
All we are doing is our brain interpreting the senses our body gives us. So, why not interpret the energy of ghosts in a visual way? It does not have to be light-reflective it can be some other type of energy but light.
================

I think we have to start our search for all these things in the idea that we are energy, we have an energy body and from there go towards multi-dimensions and somehow being able to travel in those. Our brain or mind is a radio receiver for energy of different sorts and we interpret this energy as sight sound, feelings etc. Science is almost ready to embrace the idea that everything is energy vibrating at different rates which make things physical or not. In a few years science will probably be able to come out and teach it in schools hopefully.

The energy body/energy beings idea can be very persuasive if you look at energy medicine such as chinese acupuncture and traditional Chinese Medicine (taking the pulses of the body, 12 energy meridians etc). Also tales from tibetan and indian monks/masters and various shaman training across the world, nurses, doctors, emergency crews. They all have tales of something which can or appears to move outside our physical body. Fantastic creatures, missing time, alien abductions taking people through windows and walls, all suggest the multi-dimensional and energetic nature of our world.

It is probably like collecting loads of different stories from different people from different cultures and then distilling the essences of those stories and trying to determine if there are similarities which can be drawn from them. If there are, then it is likely that the people who originated those stories had similar kinds of experiences. Occult practices often mention sending out or changing into thought-forms to do their bidding. Spiritualists tell of 'ectoplasm' which the old physical mediums used to produce to allow the ghosts to manifest or produce voice boxes in order to speak in seances.

Many different threads coming together if only we care to 'see' rather than dismiss.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:14 AM

1,110 posts, read 895,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
No, none of that applies to me. Quite the opposite I'm trying to find proof it DOES exist. I want to prove to myself I have something to look forward to after wasting my life following Christianity down a blind rat hole for 60-some years. I'd like to know there will be some kind of payoff for all this wasted time instead of just blinkering out and then losing consciousness forever.

But I haven't had the slightest glimmer of anything supernatural happen to me. Far as I can see it's all taken on faith at this point reading all these stories of supernatural stuff going on around me and me getting past by.
Here is what I believe: The message of Jesus was to love one another, and to act accordingly. You cannot go wrong if you do this, regardless of your beliefs. You should not expect a payoff for being decent to one another (and all living things).

When you die, that is it. You (as you are today) will never come back to life. You may be reborn as someone else (without the memories), but your uniqueness is transitory, never to be repeated. I do believe in the afterlife, but I am not sure where or what it is; I do not expect to see St. Peter at the gate. I do not think that Jesus or God scrutinizes one's behavior on a minute by minute basis. They have more important matters to attend to, and they trust us to take care of the small stuff.

I have had some small evidence of an afterlife. Someone who I was close to at one time passed on without my knowing it, since I had not been in contact with him for quite a while. He appeared to me in a dream (he was just in it, not the main attraction), and a few days later, I saw an announcement about his death in a magazine for military people. I was led to the section about people from his branch of service, which I would not normally have checked. I believe that he wanted me to know that he had passed.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:59 AM

268 posts, read 344,685 times
Quote:
I've been researching this stuff for 3 years now--afterlife, NDE's, deathbed visions, spirits, OBE's, ghost boxes--the whole nine yards and I've yet to come across a piece of evidence that is 100% reliable. Is there any?

NONE

All in all a fairy tale and a scam.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:38 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Agreed; none of us will be eating sandwiches.....

Can't speak to any photos floating around the net of bigfoot or UFOs; I can assure you theres real images of apparitians, loads of them. True believers have no interest in proving it to the world of skeptics and non- believers.
I disagree with this. I believe they would love to prove it to skeptics, if not just to prove that they are right which I personally feel a lot of this is about anyway, but there just has not been that one piece of proof yet.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:04 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Good question; I'd love to have the answer. If myself and plenty of others didn't have
photographic evidence I'd agree its impossible.
So you're implying there's plenty of photographic evidence. May I see some of these photos, I mean ones that in your opinion are genuine. Everything I see on YouTube or on ghost websites later turn out to be debunked and that makes me sigh and say, "Some more reputed proof that gets shot down by the skeptics". Are there any photos of ghosts that pass muster with the experts who say, "I genuinely cannot explain this."

Old 10-06-2016, 10:16 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Special message for R4T: sorry I turned off my messaging long ago and have forgotten how to activate it nor would I really want to because of all the nasty messages people used to send me when I dropped my Christianity--even veiled threatening ones. I live in LA so Seattle is quite a ways away from me and I don't do telephone conversations re this stuff so I'm afraid I'll have to pass. Thanks anyway.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:22 AM

75 posts, read 73,400 times
chills up your spine, ears ringing, dreams, gut feelings, animals, thoughts in your head. bad feelings about something, signs on the road, weather, sickness, luck

Old 10-06-2016, 10:51 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
So you're implying there's plenty of photographic evidence. May I see some of these photos, I mean ones that in your opinion are genuine. Everything I see on YouTube or on ghost websites later turn out to be debunked and that makes me sigh and say, "Some more reputed proof that gets shot down by the skeptics". Are there any photos of ghosts that pass muster with the experts who say, "I genuinely cannot explain this."
No, I'm not implying, they're as real as this discussion we're having. One of them from two years ago Halloween nite, completely unexpected. Sometimes, you get more by accident than searching. One from a Connecticut cemetary, a women in long dress holding a baby. A women I know, lives in close vicinity to a battlefield, she thought she had a peeping tom....until she realized what she was really dealing with. Shes a hospice nurse, bc of this I think she may attract them.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:10 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
No, I'm not implying, they're as real as this discussion we're having. One of them from two years ago Halloween nite, completely unexpected. Sometimes, you get more by accident than searching. One from a Connecticut cemetary, a women in long dress holding a baby. A women I know, lives in close vicinity to a battlefield, she thought she had a peeping tom....until she realized what she was really dealing with. Shes a hospice nurse, bc of this I think she may attract them.
Hi, can we get actual pictures instead of captions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal