U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 10:59 AM

4,787 posts, read 2,758,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
That is a great picture. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 12:57 PM

1,718 posts, read 983,344 times
Has anyone reported seeing a "caterpillar" or "cocooned-man" phase of this creature?

Old 11-25-2016, 01:22 PM

4,787 posts, read 2,758,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
Has anyone reported seeing a "caterpillar" or "cocooned-man" phase of this creature?
Because it is called Mothman does not mean it is in any way related to moths.

Similar to a sea horse being a completely different animal to the horse.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:26 PM

121 posts, read 28,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey27520 View Post
Have you seen the movie The Mothman Prophecies? I thought it was a good movie. I passed through Point Pleasant this past year. The Mothman Museum was interesting.
I saw it. Laura Linney was a cutie, so adorable in the fur cap. I also liked her in Congo.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:58 PM

8,218 posts, read 3,081,908 times
The Mothman Prophecies was too scary and realistic for me and I don't think I could ever watch it again. Just too realistic.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:08 PM

2,804 posts, read 3,109,447 times
Quote:
Yeti is not based on Gigantopithecus. The only thing ever found from Gigantopithecus is a jaw bone. No one has ever seen one nor even the skeleton of one.
Ask the Smithonian Institute. They are the ones who allow the skeletons of the red-haired Giants to never see the light of day again. Plenty of stories how things disappear into their museum and never emerge.

I think there is so much we are not being told of our true history. Open up the Vatican for example, that might help.

Of course, its all just rumour, so you can all sleep peacfully in your beds at night.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:07 AM

8,677 posts, read 2,160,591 times
I liked how in the movie, the one guy that had spent so much time trying to prove this thing exists, ends up almost ruining his whole life over the search for truth, and he even warns Gere about whats more important, living life or proving to the world this thing exists!

Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM

4,305 posts, read 3,491,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Ask the Smithonian Institute. They are the ones who allow the skeletons of the red-haired Giants to never see the light of day again. Plenty of stories how things disappear into their museum and never emerge.
A detailed description of what really happened with the likely sources of the giant legend can be found in this article. No accounts of any of the expeditions to the cave mentioned giants:

Quote:
What I found, in fact, is that every mention of the Si-Te-Cah appears only in paranormalist books and websites that promote the claim that a Paiute oral tradition says the red-haired giant cannibals were real. Every mention of the Saidaku appears in scholarly books and articles about the Lovelock Culture, with no mention whatsoever of red hair or gigantism. If you're looking for the legend, search for Si-Te-Cah; if you're looking for the true history, search for Saidaku.
The yellow journalism that was common in the 19th and early 20th century didn't help, either - the lines between respectable news source and tabloid were blurry at best.

Regarding opening up the Vatican:

Quote:
I think there is so much we are not being told of our true history. Open up the Vatican for example, that might help.

Of course, its all just rumour, so you can all sleep peacfully in your beds at night.
The notion that there are hidden archives in the Vatican likely comes from a bad translation of the term "Archivio Segreto Vaticano" - Segreto in this context doesn't mean "secret", it means "private" to the Pope See this article. The contents of these archives is indexed, the index is publicly available.There is no evidence (outside Dan Brown's imagination) that there are "secret" documents containing the "true" history of anything. The Archivio Segreto Vaticano was opened to scholars in 1881. So the Vatican was already "opened up" to researchers in the 19th century.

And for those who would claim: well, there are these other archives that no one knows about -- how do YOU know about them? I can claim that there is a secret room in the base of the Washington Monument that contains the secrets of the universe given to the government by the space gods, and there's no way for you to prove that I'm wrong. They won't let you dig beneath the Monument? Oh, well there's more evidence for you.

Last edited by Vasily; Yesterday at 09:38 AM..

Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM

2,900 posts, read 1,323,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
\
The yellow journalism that was common in the 19th and early 20th century didn't help, either - the lines between respectable news source and tabloid were blurry at best.
So nothing has changed ....

Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM

4,305 posts, read 3,491,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
So nothing has changed ....
I knew someone was going to say that as soon as I posted the comment. Yeah, pretty much ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal