Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 10:34 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,329,564 times

Advertisements

Fireball Logs : American Meteor Society

Check the dates and see if others reported seeing a green fireball too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 07:38 AM

7,000 posts, read 6,921,896 times
coschristi
There may be something 'special' about you, you dont seem to think so, but perhaps there is?

Of course I am not sure whether this is paranormal or not, but many on here dont really believe in that kind of stuff anyway and need proof which is difficult to find. I agree with them in a way, that a large bird like this would leave some evidence behind it if it were "real".

Where is that evidence? Maybe we are seeing it but it is not being recognized as coming from a large bird?

Quote:
The Native American males were said to ingest hallucinogenics. Then, if the Thunderbird appeared in a vision to them; it was a blessing or an omen of sorts, that they were to fufill a destiny of being a great War Chief.
There in this quote above is the evidence for the idea that these birds may be from another reality. Plenty of normal people see ghosts, and all kinds of other paranormal creatures so why not you too? All you would be doing if you were picking up these paranormal creatures is being sensitive to different frequencies outside the range of the usual spectrum which science recognises we perceive.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:44 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,139,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
coschristi
There may be something 'special' about you, you dont seem to think so, but perhaps there is?

Of course I am not sure whether this is paranormal or not, but many on here dont really believe in that kind of stuff anyway and need proof which is difficult to find. I agree with them in a way, that a large bird like this would leave some evidence behind it if it were "real".

Where is that evidence? Maybe we are seeing it but it is not being recognized as coming from a large bird?

There in this quote above is the evidence for the idea that these birds may be from another reality. Plenty of normal people see ghosts, and all kinds of other paranormal creatures so why not you too? All you would be doing if you were picking up these paranormal creatures is being sensitive to different frequencies outside the range of the usual spectrum which science recognises we perceive.
Thats why those darn cows became so important to me; thats all I have. I always in the past had considered the cattle mutilations to be on the far side of gross & uninteresting when it comes to paranormal activity.

Never on my "radar". EVER. I mean; eeww! Not only that but they have 2 running theories; UFO's or Cults.

Just how fascinating could Bovine reproduction be to any life form. Especially ET? Then the Cults? They would have to have a helicopter to steal a cow, mutilate/sacrifice it & then leave it draped over a power line or hanging from a tree-top.

IDK.

Mutilated & temporarily airborn cows are my evidence. I can see why people would doubt me. Heck; I wish I could doubt myself & this could all go away.

I feel silly. But I feel driven.

UGH.

Thanks for suggesting I could be special

Old 11-20-2016, 12:59 AM

I agree and I dont think it is the cow reproduction which is the issue. I think it is far more likely that they are monitoring grass-eaters to find out how much contamination there is in the environment. We take epithelial cheek cells, we take stool samples, we take milk samples. All these samples when analysed show different things to different scientists, so maybe, as a far-out idea, there is a branch of ET which is looking after our planet. Maybe they will hit the RESET switch when the pollution and environmental contamination gets too bad? Who knows? We just cannot tell who is doing this and why they are doing it. Although there are people who say they are in contact and who have some alledged reasons why it is happening, I am not sure I believe them.

There are many people who study different cryptids and different unexplained phenomena and many of them have devoted many decades to this passion, so your obsession is not unusual. Wanting to find answers is one of our human traits.

These investigators have written books, given public talks and been on radio shows such as Midnight in the Desert(MITD). I have listened to many of these MITD shows and they are always fascinating. Some speakers are obviously more believable than others but all are strange, whacky, and wonderful to me.

Maybe you watch the The 2013 Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure ? In that there is a whole section on cattle mutillations by Linda Moulton-Howe and others.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:21 PM

It's possible. I guess there is no more or less a possibility that a UFO is doing this vs a massive prehistoric raptor.

It's just that I SAW a massive prehistoric raptor on my roof. I do have this weird quirk about my personality that I can't let things go until I figure them out to my satisfaction. I always try to find an explanation for things that don't make sense.

For instance; the following year, in the same house: I was standing on that doomed front porch of mine on a Sunday morning at 4am. It was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. To explain this neighborhood; it borders National Forest at the foot of Pikes Peak. Directly to the west of me is a park of massive red rock formations known by it's english translation from the nomadic Native Americans "Garden of The Gods".

It is an ancient & sacred place to the Native Americans where all the nomadic tribes would meet for pow-wows for centuries upon centuries. There are sacred burial grounds there but also much historical value. When an oil-rich family from Texas wanted to build a Visitor Center there it was protested by local tribal governments but in the end the Texas family (Hunt-Hill) won. To be fair they have followed through with their promises for philanthropy to our community but the Tribes remained unhappy.

At night, even though it is within city limits, this neighborhood gets QUIET.

Anyway; I'm standing on my front porch & I hear a "Whump-whump- W H U M P- W H U M P H ..." sound. Then a split second of nothing then a "BOOM!" & a huge blue mushroom cloud rose about 10 stories in the air about 2 blocks to the west. Within the mushroom cloud streaks of lightning crackled inward to the center, made a bright flash ... & it was gone... Just; gone.

And again, quiet. No sirens; nothing. I ran inside & woke everybody up thinking we would be evacuating but we ended up not going anywhere because every thing just stayed so normal.

I spent the entire next day canvasing the neighborhood. My family thought I was nuts ( first a molten fireball, then a pterodactyl, then a static mushroom cloud?) and I couldn't even blame them.

Nobody else in the neighborhood had heard anything. Finally at about 8 pm I went to the Fire Station & "demanded" to know what it was that I had seen.

They didn't laugh; at all. They quietly looked at eachother then the Captain turned to me & said "It was a tanker truck carrying liquid Oxygen ... It wrecked into a light pole about 4 blocks to the west of you."

Okay; that I could handle! It made sense (oxygen "implodes" vs explodes which explained the lightning going from the outside in).

I just have this need for everything to have a reason.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:52 PM

OMG ! I guess living with you is .... interesting :-)

Quote:
I guess there is no more or less a possibility that a UFO is doing this vs a massive prehistoric raptor.
Except that there are more UFOs reported and photographed than massive birds.

National Forests are well known for sightings of strange beasts and human disappearances.

When I read your account of the blue mushroom cloud I was going to suggest that some mad scientist had been experimenting with time travel and blown up his equipment.

I would have thought there would be sirens if an oxygen truck ran into a lamp post and if the explosion/implosion was that large, then it probably blew the roof of a few houses nearby and wrecked a whole area of roadside.

I seem to remember oxygen makes things burn with more vigor, but I was unaware it made an implosion. Not sure what damage that implosion would do but if nothing else, I think the lamp post would be toast and should have a burn mark around it on the ground. Anything in the newspapers or on local TV?

I think these paranormal things may well interact with our physical world. That would account for you experiencing the large bird on your roof and the damage it left behind. If it was just a visit, then it would also explain why no-one else has found it or seen it.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
OMG ! I guess living with you is .... interesting :-)

Except that there are more UFOs reported and photographed than massive birds.

National Forests are well known for sightings of strange beasts and human disappearances.

When I read your account of the blue mushroom cloud I was going to suggest that some mad scientist had been experimenting with time travel and blown up his equipment.

I would have thought there would be sirens if an oxygen truck ran into a lamp post and if the explosion/implosion was that large, then it probably blew the roof of a few houses nearby and wrecked a whole area of roadside.

I seem to remember oxygen makes things burn with more vigor, but I was unaware it made an implosion. Not sure what damage that implosion would do but if nothing else, I think the lamp post would be toast and should have a burn mark around it on the ground. Anything in the newspapers or on local TV?

I think these paranormal things may well interact with our physical world. That would account for you experiencing the large bird on your roof and the damage it left behind. If it was just a visit, then it would also explain why no-one else has found it or seen it.
Agreed on the oxygen truck. It seemed "off". But my husband was with me & had been driving me through the neighborhood all day & I was so glad somebody finally validated me. He walked into that Fire Station too & I turned to him like "HA! See?"

(When it first happened I ran into the house & said "I think we will have to evacuate!" he had opened one eye & basically said something like "Oh no; what now?"

He's alot older than me. And grouchy too. I don't even think he likes me but he will admit that "I am interesting to live with" (actually, the word he uses is "entertaining").

A long time ago somebody, a stranger who knew my name, walked up to me in a parking lot & warned me about an "attraction" that would cause odd things to happen to me. I wish I could remember more but the man scared the crap out of me & it was so awkward I didn't pay attention. It had something to do with fertility "energy".

I guess I should have listened to him. 3 years after the encounter I ended up being a "reported occurence" to the US CDC because I had a natural conception (no meds) of fraternal triplets (very rare). I now have 11 children (& twins; twice).

I should not have tuned him out but he scared me. I watched him approach 3 different females in a parking lot to ask "Are you Coschristi; I'm supposed to meet her here today?"When I stepped out of my car he called me a "child from the 4th" & I just wanted to run!

Oh well; who knows.

Do you?

I'm kinda rethinking my decision on calling the Las Animas Sherriffs Office. What if they believe me "too much"? They still have some very old "cattle rustling" laws on the books & the last thing I want is for someone to lie in wait & shoot the Bird. I would be devestated if I were responsible for that! I hope he is ok.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:10 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,505,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Thats why those darn cows became so important to me; thats all I have. I always in the past had considered the cattle mutilations to be on the far side of gross & uninteresting when it comes to paranormal activity.

Never on my "radar". EVER. I mean; eeww! Not only that but they have 2 running theories; UFO's or Cults.

Just how fascinating could Bovine reproduction be to any life form. Especially ET? Then the Cults? They would have to have a helicopter to steal a cow, mutilate/sacrifice it & then leave it draped over a power line or hanging from a tree-top.

IDK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mydYc2usHEg

Old 11-22-2016, 11:37 AM

98 posts, read 169,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Agreed on the oxygen truck. It seemed "off". But my husband was with me & had been driving me through the neighborhood all day & I was so glad somebody finally validated me. He walked into that Fire Station too & I turned to him like "HA! See?"

(When it first happened I ran into the house & said "I think we will have to evacuate!" he had opened one eye & basically said something like "Oh no; what now?"

He's alot older than me. And grouchy too. I don't even think he likes me but he will admit that "I am interesting to live with" (actually, the word he uses is "entertaining").

A long time ago somebody, a stranger who knew my name, walked up to me in a parking lot & warned me about an "attraction" that would cause odd things to happen to me. I wish I could remember more but the man scared the crap out of me & it was so awkward I didn't pay attention. It had something to do with fertility "energy".

I guess I should have listened to him. 3 years after the encounter I ended up being a "reported occurence" to the US CDC because I had a natural conception (no meds) of fraternal triplets (very rare). I now have 11 children (& twins; twice).

I should not have tuned him out but he scared me. I watched him approach 3 different females in a parking lot to ask "Are you Coschristi; I'm supposed to meet her here today?"When I stepped out of my car he called me a "child from the 4th" & I just wanted to run!

Oh well; who knows.

Do you?

I'm kinda rethinking my decision on calling the Las Animas Sherriffs Office. What if they believe me "too much"? They still have some very old "cattle rustling" laws on the books & the last thing I want is for someone to lie in wait & shoot the Bird. I would be devestated if I were responsible for that! I hope he is ok.
And you think you're not special? I'm fascinated by you. And this entire thread.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannah14 View Post
And you think you're not special? I'm fascinated by you. And this entire thread.
Oh thank you! Thats very sweet!

I just wish I could have a moment with this darn bird ... "Now see here, Bird. You have had me twisted in a knot ever since that night 10 years ago ...!"

There are photos of something similar to what I saw. I have no way of judging authenticity but the one thing that bothers me ... is that they have obviously been killed. And I don't want my Bird to die:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ptd.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	177677

Click image for larger version

Name:	ptd1.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	177680

It also appears since I checked last that there are many more recent accounts now of sightings than when I first saw him:

Thunderbird Sightings! Do These Mythical Creatures Exist? | Paranormal

True Accounts of Thunderbird Sightings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal