Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 06:04 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,139,083 times

Advertisements

Sorry all for my wishy-washy posting. I'm sick & this is the only time I've actually been able to sit upright in front of the computer since yesterday. I'm using my little burst of energy to post about that darn bird ...

Because I just remembered that he showed up after the last Fireball 10 years ago. And because our "Urban Deer" (I nicknamed them that after the Waldo Canyon Fire in 2012 sent LOTS of wildlife into the city limits)
are about 10 miles farther into town than than I have ever seen them.

And I think it's because of the beautiful moon. Those deer are literally everywhere, huddled in groups along 8 lane roads ...as in right now. The only thing that makes sense is that they don't feel safe in the foothills. Because with the overhead canopy gone & in that clear moon light ...they can be hunted from above.

OK; it's back to the couch for me. Feel like cr*p. I just know I'll regret posting this tomorrow. Bleh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 06:35 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,329,564 times
What bird?

I hope you feel better soon. Get some rest if you can.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:21 AM

7,000 posts, read 6,921,896 times
When you are feeling better, get out there in the fresh air and get some photgraphs of the huge bird and the herds of deer on the freeway. It would be great to have those thunderbird pics posted on here.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:55 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,505,083 times
This post is seriously lacking bird.

Old 11-15-2016, 01:49 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,038,571 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

Everybody knows the bird is the word! lol

Old 11-15-2016, 02:00 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,963,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Everybody knows the bird is the word! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OXVPgu6urw

Sorry, I couldn't help myself either.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:21 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,283,510 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2OwKZk07Ac

Old 11-15-2016, 02:25 PM

22,953 posts, read 28,371,773 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAJEbuTBodI

Old 11-15-2016, 07:06 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,139,083 times
Thanks for the laughs, everybody! I'm not even kidding; it IS funny!

The year 2006 was somewhat unusual for me. In October after dropping some dinner off at my husbands work I had my first "Green Fireball" scare. It was a massive, molten looking sphere of green/blue flames that dropped slowly out of the sky & literally disappeared about 100ft overhead.

This particular event was not a "lone" sighting; the reports were all over our local news that night. The Meteorologist chalked it up to being an "active time of year" in our area. What was not explained was the "flock" of Black Hawk helicopters that came chasing after it. But; whatever.

About 3 months later I startled something that was on top of my house when I stepped out onto my porch late at night. I AM a "wierd magnet" but this was top-notch THE WIERDEST thing that I have EVER seen in my life. I didn't even talk about for almost a year after.

I heard what I thought was bricks crumbling off the chimney so obviously I put my hands up over my head & tried to grab for the doorknob so I could duck back inside the house.

Before I had a chance there was this rippling sound ... You know there are some places of buisness that fly those ridiculously large American flags (annoying because they are so obvious)? If you have ever been underneath one in a strong wind then you know what sound I am reffering too; a rippling or unfurling sound.

Then; BOOM. Sounded like thunder. It popped my eardrums & this percussion knocked me backwards into my door. I looked up in time to see a massive shillouette of a bird rise with outstretched wings off my house.

If it would have still been on my roof it would have measured a wingspan of almost 30 ft (judging from the east side of my house to almost clearing the attached garage).

Then it screeched as it flew but it was a piercing & almost prehistoric sounding "croak". And it was gone.

I didn't speak of it for a year. Then I started researching it with a passion.

I found 1 report from a woman in Pueblo, CO (about 45 miles south) who had seen something similar while out driving late at night. I was unable to compare my audible experience though; as she had been inside her car.

All of the reports of unexplained activity in our area seemed to focus on one thing (& annoyingly so): The recent rash of Cattle Mutilations that have plagued our southern colorado ranchers for years.

I was looking for a giant bird & all I could find were stupid dead cows.

And Las Animas County Sherriffs office offering a reward for information with a report saying they were not very hopeful. Running theory was either Satanic Cults or Aliens. Because the cows were being found in trees. Over power lines. Or on the ground but with their bones shattered as if they had had been taken up high & then dropped ...

Suddenly; I realized that I WAS looking at "reports" or evidence of a giant bird.

I won't bore you with all of my admitedly "maniacal" research. I know; it's wierd.

My husband was wondering aloud today about our "Urban Deer" & why they moved so far into town during the full moon. When I said "Because the WC Fire burnt the forest canopy making it easier to be hunted during a full moon ..." & he thought I was talking about Poachers! He said "Poachers are not renting aircraft to hunt the deer!" I said "I know. The bird is back"

...& he laughed at me for about 5 minutes straight! It's OK, really. If it would not have happened to me I'm sure I would be rolling my eyes too.

(Please entertain me to explain the "bird is BACK" comment: Another reason the cattle mutilations were thought to be UFO related is due to their being clustered around the latitude 37. Latitude 37 is commonly known to UFO enthusiasts as "The Paranormal Freeway"; both cattle mutilations & UFO activity seem to gravitate towards this marker. Except ...Latitude 37 also makes up a large path of an established Migratory Path for birds. Meaning if what I saw was a real bird; it may be migratory & not actually here all the time; instead just hunting & eating along his path like all the other birds do)

Old 11-15-2016, 08:53 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,038,571 times
Maybe a California Condor? They have a 10 FOOT wingspan. That's the largest NA bird, unless you saw the Giant Claw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOj0nXpRqX8

P.S. I saw a black PANTHER in 1998 just outside of Midland, Michigan, coming out of a farmers field. He was within 100ft of me, so I know what I saw. No way a cat that large should have been loose in that area. So, perhaps you saw a condor, way out of their normal area. A 10 foot wingspan is one heck of a bird!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal