Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 07:51 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,939,418 times

Advertisements

David Denison was probably the most well-known surrealist painter in the UK in the 1970s and 1980s, and his paintings are frequently seen in auctions. Painter Tim Burton (not the same person as the Hollywood movie director) has done a couple of portraits of Denison. Here's one of them:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wblake9/3329162634

Denison is well known and well thought of as a surrealist painter, but somewhere along the line he got into the internet and apparently considers this website his masterpiece. This short article describes him as a "number fetishist":

https://mrthursdaygkc.wordpress.com/...mber-fetishist

There are various videos out there that claim to provide a key to the site's meaning like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC_NjzgOJjk

Apparently, the name "Jesus" is mentioned 973 times in the Bible, and "eht namuh" is an anagram for "the human" -- so there's some sense in what you see on the site. Whether it's worth the effort is left as an exercise for the viewer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 12:24 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
The number and letter thing is a system of magic. I can see that. It isn't useful to me, but I can see that it is valid. The technique is sound.
Explain a little more for those of us who cannot see the technique.

As an artist with a diverse taste in art, I am not at all impressed.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:01 AM

997 posts, read 936,615 times
The number and letter patterns are a system of magic. I recognize that is what it is.

I have seen similar.

It is numerology and word association mumbo jumbo. It could work if someone worked it. That is his deal and not mine. I recognize it is a deal.

I use a system of association and correspondence that is my own system. I can see how his would work for him.

Just as the art is meaningful to him in that way, it seems uninspiring to me.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:41 AM

You ate still just stating what it is, I'm asking for a deeper explanation. You see it as a numerical word association and how it works. Please provide an example, a break down. Perhaps even a comparison to your system?

Old 12-23-2016, 03:29 PM

I think ceremonial magic has some similar themes....

The word Abracadabra is commonly known of
https://bestofinsta.org/media/964580...005_1368940699

That is an example of something similar.

A system of correspondence is a way of assigning meaning to symbols, numbers, letters, etc..The symbols represent a concept.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:57 PM

I read tarot and study astrology, so I know all about systematic correspondences. I have what my cousin calls a puzzle brain, so I do quite well with finding patters and connections and such. I was looking for that with this guy's stuff and was not seeing it.
That was sort of the meat I was looking to chew on, but thanks for trying.

As for abracadabra, I can't take that link seriously. 'I create as I speak' comes from Harry Potter. Abracadabra is not a system of any sort, but it is a magical talisman, for health.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:40 PM

I assumed he had some system of association. I don't know what it is. The pattern doesn't have to be discernable by anybody but him.

If you saw an example of what I do, you wouldn't be able to decipher or understand it. I assumed he had a method.

Due to lack of interest, I don't care what this guy does. It looks like the intent is magic. Even Harry Potter magic is magic.

Magical talismans are magic.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:08 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,819,186 times
Theres way too much going on there. I ran across some bible explination, and something on the theory of gravity? Reddit is easier to navigate.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:39 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,871,853 times
"eht-namuh" is "the human" spelled backwards. Don't know what 973 means, other than the mention of Jesus in the Bible.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:50 PM
J-7

4 posts, read 16,933 times
I've come across this site before and it really creeped me out ( didn't help I was on it about 3am). I thought it might be some devil worshipping code or something, really freaked me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal