Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 06:41 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,985,438 times

Advertisements

What do you think terrorized Point Pleasant WV in the late 60s?

Last edited by DorianRo; 01-02-2021 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: Moth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 01:08 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,869,734 times
The same kind of being which has been seen in many places, with glowing red eyes, and bat-like wings. My guess is that it has come through from another dimension where such things exist as normal, and has jumped into our reality by mistake perhaps. There are enough cryptids of various sorts which people have seen to account for this guess.

Some books I have read suggest that there are roving 'portals' which appear and disappear in different places across the Earth. If you know how to predict when and where they will appear, then you can go between realities. I suspect some beings natively know when and where these 'portals' will open and close and they come through to hunt or whatever.

This would account for many of the sightings made of these cryptids which people have seen and even filmed. Some of the Bigfoot tracks in the snow have disappeared without continuing, which lends credence to the reports of Bigfoot and other beings just disappearing into thin air.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The same kind of being which has been seen in many places, with glowing red eyes, and bat-like wings. My guess is that it has come through from another dimension where such things exist as normal, and has jumped into our reality by mistake perhaps. There are enough cryptids of various sorts which people have seen to account for this guess.

Some books I have read suggest that there are roving 'portals' which appear and disappear in different places across the Earth. If you know how to predict when and where they will appear, then you can go between realities. I suspect some beings natively know when and where these 'portals' will open and close and they come through to hunt or whatever.

This would account for many of the sightings made of these cryptids which people have seen and even filmed. Some of the Bigfoot tracks in the snow have disappeared without continuing, which lends credence to the reports of Bigfoot and other beings just disappearing into thin air.
Im not sure where I stand on 'portals'...on the surface, the theory sounds so incredible. but who knows!

I have read a few reports of people claiming to see thick smoke or fog appear and beings come and go from this smoke, Ive read others where they claim to see a kind of shimmering in the air, like when something is very hot, the air around it looks rippled sort of.

Could you imagine jumping into/thru one of these and ending up in some strange world? That would be awesome and incredibly scary at the same time! In theory there could be extensive worlds out there, accessed only by these portals...there could be vast cities, unknown land masses, etc!

Old 01-03-2021, 10:49 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im not sure where I stand on 'portals'...on the surface, the theory sounds so incredible. but who knows!

I have read a few reports of people claiming to see thick smoke or fog appear and beings come and go from this smoke, Ive read others where they claim to see a kind of shimmering in the air, like when something is very hot, the air around it looks rippled sort of.

Could you imagine jumping into/thru one of these and ending up in some strange world? That would be awesome and incredibly scary at the same time! In theory there could be extensive worlds out there, accessed only by these portals...there could be vast cities, unknown land masses, etc!
This reminds me of a Stephen King book I read many years ago, "From a Buick 8". In that case, the "portal" was in the trunk of a mysterious automobile. Strange creatures came to our world through it, while unsuspecting humans disappeared into theirs.

Old 01-03-2021, 04:02 PM

2,459 posts, read 2,476,905 times
I think such things as portals exist. There's too many reports from all over the world for there not to be something to this phenomena. Here's an interesting portal story from OK:

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/okla...dunes-park-ok/

Old 01-03-2021, 04:09 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
I dont know, but boy the movie was terrible.

Old 01-03-2021, 04:11 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
I hate it when those large mothmen hit the windshield, they really make a mess. It would not be such a bad problem if moths were not draw to our headlights. But all of that green slime is hard to wash off! It is even worse when one hits your face shield of your helmet while driving a motorcycle, then you can get a mouthful of the slime!

I have to wonder if we could genetically engineer moths to avoid light? Maybe we could also make them fear cloths closets?

Old 01-07-2021, 09:32 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
I think it has pretty well been proven that it was an owl.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:12 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Out of your options of alien or human hysteria, I'll go with human hysteria. Probably all got started with some teens trying to cover up their pot smoking at the old ammunition bunker (or whatever it was).

Old 01-08-2021, 06:18 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I think it has pretty well been proven that it was an owl.
Thats right, you just continue to think that all these reports are from people who dont know the size of eagle owls. The largest of which is probably a couple of feet high.

So, let me ask you this about your pretty much proven theory - what colour is the reflective eye-shine of an eagle owl? When have you seen eye-shine where there is no light shining to show the reflection off the back of the eye? Now consider how your theory stands up to proper scrutiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal