Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 06:14 PM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times

Advertisements

.....the night before he died - before I knew he had passed, I had a vivid dream where he was giving me a tour of our first house. He was with my mother, who passed 37 years ago, when I was 20

My mother never speaks to me in dreams. She also never speaks - I call it "ghost mother". She seems helpless. My step mother of 32 years was also in the dream. She and my father were both alive.

The only one who spoke was my dad. He said while touring the house, which looked the same as it did in the early through mid 60s - "This is all yours now".

He sold that house a long time ago.

Everything in the dream was historically accurate about the house. It was almost as though we had time traveled - I remembered and saw many things in the dream that I had forgotten about that house.

The overall feeling of the dream was pleasant, but strange.

When I awakened, I found out that he had passed in the night.

Any thoughts or observations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 07:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
He was acknowledging the importance of the memories of that place to both/all of you. But he was preparing to move on.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:52 PM

997 posts, read 936,155 times
A house is your structure, your psyche. That is always what a house represents.

His passing means that his structure is being dismantled. His human consciousness is something he no longer needs.

His house. That was what he was showing you..The house in the dream was a house that you lived in together. He was saying that he didn't need it anymore.

Something like that. I always have house dreams and different houses mean different things, but the structure/psyche theme is always present...

The dream itself was directly related to his passing and it was a message for you about that.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:39 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
Sheena, so sorry for your loss....

Old 12-22-2016, 07:06 AM

179 posts, read 155,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
My mother never speaks to me in dreams. She also never speaks - I call it "ghost mother". She seems helpless.
After my father died I would dream about him often and he would either never speak in my dreams or just say one or two words. He would just stare at me with a sad look in his eyes. I would go up to him and give him a hug and ask him how heaven was. Every time I asked that question he would disappear from my grasp.

My sister just died a few months ago and I am still dreaming about her. Like the dreams about my father, she would either just say one or two words or nothing at all and just stare at me. When I asked her about heaven she would immediately disappear. My last dream about her she told me "it wasn't supposed to be like that. I'm sorry." I told her that I was sorry as well, gave her a hug and asked her about heaven. She immediatey disappeared from my grasp. You would think that I would learn not to ask the heaven questions, but I keep doing it!

I've come to the conclusion that in those dreams where the deceased loved one says nothing or very little, the dreamer is actually receiving a visitation. Where the deceased loved one is talking alot or operating normally, then it is just a regular dream coming from memories in your subconscious.

So you received many visitations from your mother, which is great! Now that your father has passed those visitations may stop. I noticed that once my sister was dying and died, my visitation dreams from my father stopped. I also had a visitation dream from my grandmother telling me that my sister was going to die one year before she did, and have never had another once since.

I don't know why some loved ones visit you in your dreams and others don't. I wish science cared about such matters and there was more research in such issues.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:04 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,553 posts, read 81,067,970 times
Sorry to hear of your loss. Your experience is not all that uncommon, and mine was similar when my father passed in 1995. We knew he was near the end, the doctors saying not more than 2-3 months. He was in California, we were in Washington. One night I had a dream in which my grandmother on my mother's side, to whom I had been close (and died with my mother and I at her side) appeared, and told me that my father had died. After that I woke up, looked at the clock and it was 5:20am. I couldn't go back to sleep so got up, but it was too early to call anyone. About 8am I got a call from my brother in CA telling me that he had died. I asked what time and he said 5:15am.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:14 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,653,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDot View Post
After my father died I would dream about him often and he would either never speak in my dreams or just say one or two words. He would just stare at me with a sad look in his eyes. I would go up to him and give him a hug and ask him how heaven was. Every time I asked that question he would disappear from my grasp.

My sister just died a few months ago and I am still dreaming about her. Like the dreams about my father, she would either just say one or two words or nothing at all and just stare at me. When I asked her about heaven she would immediately disappear. My last dream about her she told me "it wasn't supposed to be like that. I'm sorry." I told her that I was sorry as well, gave her a hug and asked her about heaven. She immediatey disappeared from my grasp. You would think that I would learn not to ask the heaven questions, but I keep doing it!

I've come to the conclusion that in those dreams where the deceased loved one says nothing or very little, the dreamer is actually receiving a visitation. Where the deceased loved one is talking alot or operating normally, then it is just a regular dream coming from memories in your subconscious.

So you received many visitations from your mother, which is great! Now that your father has passed those visitations may stop. I noticed that once my sister was dying and died, my visitation dreams from my father stopped. I also had a visitation dream from my grandmother telling me that my sister was going to die one year before she did, and have never had another once since.

I don't know why some loved ones visit you in your dreams and others don't. I wish science cared about such matters and there was more research in such issues.

Sorry for your loss OP.

My aunt and mother have appeared in dreams. They are also silent. And if they speak it's one or two words. Very unusual.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:04 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDot View Post

I experienced the same when my dad passed away, he either say little or nothing. However, in some dreams he is alive in my dream sense, in others he would appear as passed. Once I dreamt of him looking ill and in some kind of pain, but in another dream he is coming home opening the door, his hair is dark again and he look younger.

I also had a couple of weird dreams where he isn't acting like him and they felt uncomfortable when I awoke. Wonder if there're any explainations to them?

What made me feel are actual visitations from my dad, are lucid dreams that happened just before I woke. Like I'd wake up knowing that he came to visit, and there is a sad but definitely warm feeling. I usually dream in sleep and most of his dreams happened last before I awoke.

OP, I feel sorry for your lost, it could be telepath between you and your dad that he was saying goodbye in your dreams.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:51 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Condolences on the loss of your Dad, Sheena.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:17 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
.....the night before he died - before I knew he had passed, I had a vivid dream where he was giving me a tour of our first house. He was with my mother, who passed 37 years ago, when I was 20

My mother never speaks to me in dreams. She also never speaks - I call it "ghost mother". She seems helpless. My step mother of 32 years was also in the dream. She and my father were both alive.

The only one who spoke was my dad. He said while touring the house, which looked the same as it did in the early through mid 60s - "This is all yours now".

He sold that house a long time ago.

Everything in the dream was historically accurate about the house. It was almost as though we had time traveled - I remembered and saw many things in the dream that I had forgotten about that house.

The overall feeling of the dream was pleasant, but strange.

When I awakened, I found out that he had passed in the night.

In dreams, the house usually represents yourself. The attic is your higher self, the basement the lower, more "base" parts of you. That's a simplistic answer. Explore your dream and what you saw and felt while touring the house, and you will learn more. You might even want to write them down, because sometimes things you don't even know you know come out when you write them down.

I am sorry for the loss of your father, Sheena. I hope his memory sustains you in the time to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal