U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-30-2017, 12:58 AM
 
Location: Out West
23,650 posts, read 17,474,717 times
Reputation: 27600

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
I knew you would say that LOL "EVPs are sketchy" you're bouncing all over the place. If it was just EVP's being provided you might have a leg to stand on. I doubt very seriously you've listened or view the videos on my channel. I doubt very seriously you've equated those videos with other Poltergeist accounts. But lets go back to the EVP for a second. The video I provided has Steve and Don setting up equipment in the hallway. What's captured underneath their convo is two voices. You can't account for them. Guessing or just uttering it could be anything isn't a proper analysis.

The fact of the matter is those voices shouldn't be there. The fact that they're there is the pure definition of paranormal.
Paranormal events are phenomena described in popular culture, folklore, and other non-scientific bodies of knowledge, whose existence within these contexts is described to lie beyond normal experience or scientific explanation

Key word being scientific explanation.


I've answered some of your questions. Please answer a few of mine.

1.) What paranormal books have you read?
2.) Who in the paranormal / parapsychology field do you view as legit?
3.) Define what a Poltergeist is?
4.) Whats the difference between a Poltergeist and an Malevolent spirit?
5.) What percentage of Poltergeists involve no human agent?


Answer those questions correctly and I'll feel we're on an even keel.


I'm no expert. I was thrown into this field by an experience. There's no turning back once you witnessed what we've witnessed. Zero turning back. Like the saying goes. You can't unsee something once you see it.

And we've seen lots.
Old Guard doesn't have to prove anything to you. He/she is not making the claims of living in a haunted place.

I think the request to point 2 cameras at each other to capture on video what you claimed is a legit one. Why not just do that and put this all to rest?

Also, instead of quoting something from wikipedia or wherever you got your Sammamish history off the internet, why not share the "public records" that show what you claim that they show? Showing us a quoted page that says "NDNs used to live here" doesn't prove any paranormal activity.

It should be really, really easy to do those 2 things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2017, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
4,926 posts, read 3,090,048 times
Reputation: 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
I knew you would say that LOL "EVPs are sketchy" you're bouncing all over the place.
I believe I have been pretty clear throughout this conversation that I think EVP evidence is weak at best. I am not sure why you think I have been unclear on this.

But regardless I will state clearly that I do not put any weight in EVP's, there has never been a proven link to EVP's and the paranormal and there are just so many variables that can create false positives.

Now if I really respected and trusted a person I may accept them as supporting evidence but that would have more to do with me trusting the presenter than the EVP's and I still would need to see some other evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
If it was just EVP's being provided you might have a leg to stand on. I doubt very seriously you've listened or view the videos on my channel.
Keith I have viewed your videos on from several sources. All I can say is that they are long, boring and uneventful. I am sorry, I just do not see what you think I should see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
I doubt very seriously you've equated those videos with other Poltergeist accounts.
I believe if the claims you are making are true that they evidence would stand on its own. I also believe your claims are so extraordinary that if there were any evidence to support them that your case would be the new standard and the one that all others were compared to. Unfortunately I have seen no evidence to support any of the claims made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
But lets go back to the EVP for a second. The video I provided has Steve and Don setting up equipment in the hallway. What's captured underneath their convo is two voices. You can't account for them. Guessing or just uttering it could be anything isn't a proper analysis.
There are many ways to account for them:


  • Added in post production
  • Noise captured from another source or just background noise
  • Your recording equipment could be picking up radio frequencies
  • Someone actually saying this stuff off camera
  • If the media has been used before it could be from a previous recording
  • pareidolia
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
The fact of the matter is those voices shouldn't be there. The fact that they're there is the pure definition of paranormal.
I disagree. See above for just some of the ways they could be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
Paranormal events are phenomena described in popular culture, folklore, and other non-scientific bodies of knowledge, whose existence within these contexts is described to lie beyond normal experience or scientific explanation

Key word being scientific explanation.
There are some pretty reasonable explanations that I listed above which are not beyond science.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post


I've answered some of your questions. Please answer a few of mine.

1.) What paranormal books have you read?
I've read a lot of Stephen King
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
2.) Who in the paranormal / parapsychology field do you view as legit?
James Randi
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
3.) Define what a Poltergeist is?
A fictional movie from from 1982.
An alleged spirit that is supposed to manifest its presence by noises but has not been proven to exist despite hundreds of years of study and now with countless TV shows that are heavily funded and filming many alleged paranormal events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
4.) Whats the difference between a Poltergeist and an Malevolent spirit?
The fairy tales they are in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
5.) What percentage of Poltergeists involve no human agent?
0
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
Answer those questions correctly and I'll feel we're on an even keel.


I'm no expert. I was thrown into this field by an experience. There's no turning back once you witnessed what we've witnessed. Zero turning back. Like the saying goes. You can't unsee something once you see it.

And we've seen lots.
I would love to see what you say you have experienced and have watched a fair number of your videos. I just do not see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 08:33 AM
 
2,149 posts, read 1,053,678 times
Reputation: 5916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I just do not see it.
Neither did he.

Nice try, though, there's gotta be a forum of idiots somewhere who'll fall for this poorly-thought-out foolishness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
4,926 posts, read 3,090,048 times
Reputation: 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Neither did he.

Nice try, though, there's gotta be a forum of idiots somewhere who'll fall for this poorly-thought-out foolishness.
I have visited a fair number of forums that Keith has posted this on. I will admit that his branding is strong and it is easy to find where he is posting information. No matter the forum, whether skeptic or believer, Keith seems to unite them all.

I could actually see a book being written about this at some point but if that happens I am not sure it will be what Keith is looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 09:00 AM
 
2,149 posts, read 1,053,678 times
Reputation: 5916
Yeah, I tossed around the idea of writing a screenplay about a smug, condescending guy who tries to use to web to get a hoax popularized, and the hilarity that ensues.

Might work as a book, now that you mention it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 12:17 PM
 
12,266 posts, read 20,840,965 times
Reputation: 20262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I believe I have been pretty clear throughout this conversation that I think EVP evidence is weak at best. I am not sure why you think I have been unclear on this.

But regardless I will state clearly that I do not put any weight in EVP's, there has never been a proven link to EVP's and the paranormal and there are just so many variables that can create false positives.

Now if I really respected and trusted a person I may accept them as supporting evidence but that would have more to do with me trusting the presenter than the EVP's and I still would need to see some other evidence.

Keith I have viewed your videos on from several sources. All I can say is that they are long, boring and uneventful. I am sorry, I just do not see what you think I should see.

I believe if the claims you are making are true that they evidence would stand on its own. I also believe your claims are so extraordinary that if there were any evidence to support them that your case would be the new standard and the one that all others were compared to. Unfortunately I have seen no evidence to support any of the claims made.

There are many ways to account for them:


  • Added in post production
  • Noise captured from another source or just background noise
  • Your recording equipment could be picking up radio frequencies
  • Someone actually saying this stuff off camera
  • If the media has been used before it could be from a previous recording
  • pareidolia

I disagree. See above for just some of the ways they could be there.

There are some pretty reasonable explanations that I listed above which are not beyond science.

I've read a lot of Stephen King

James Randi

A fictional movie from from 1982.
An alleged spirit that is supposed to manifest its presence by noises but has not been proven to exist despite hundreds of years of study and now with countless TV shows that are heavily funded and filming many alleged paranormal events.

The fairy tales they are in.

0

I would love to see what you say you have experienced and have watched a fair number of your videos. I just do not see it.
I have never heard an EVP that's clear. Now, I have tinnitus, and a small hearing loss. But even when I didn't, people would listen to hisses and scratches at volume 11, and tell me what they said...THEN I could hear it.

That doesn't mean it's there.

That means paradolia. Or however you spell it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 12:35 PM
 
97 posts, read 40,500 times
Reputation: 153
Did you just tell me you read Stephen King? Is that your official answer to my question of what paranormal books you ahve read? I didn't think I needed to specific when I asked that question. When I asked you what paranormal books have you read I meant scholarly books? You come back with Stephen King? LMAO

That and your answer of James Randi says it all. LOL


You're a career skeptic. I knew it.

Stephen King? ROTFLMAO


Thank you, thank you.

You're not who I should be talking to.



Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
4,926 posts, read 3,090,048 times
Reputation: 6029
Quote:
Originally Posted by macqdor View Post
Did you just tell me you read Stephen King? Is that your official answer to my question of what paranormal books you ahve read? I didn't think I needed to specific when I asked that question. When I asked you what paranormal books have you read I meant scholarly books? You come back with Stephen King? LMAO

That and your answer of James Randi says it all. LOL


You're a career skeptic. I knew it.

Stephen King? ROTFLMAO


Thank you, thank you.

You're not who I should be talking to.



Have a great day!
I told you a couple of pages ago that I was not the person you should be speaking to and you wished to continue.

Keith, I did not start out a skeptic, I have just been beaten into it by what people consider evidence. I love horror movies, but they require a certain amount of suspension of belief. I do not have a suspension of belief filter for evidence.

Believe me, I am still looking for evidence but unfortunately voice recordings have not impressed me since the early 70's. Now almost any adult can record sound, take video, take pictures, edit pictures, edit video, edit sound all from something they carry in their pocket.

A single device which has changed our lives and even spurred whole movements such as Black Lives Matter with its ability to capture events and make available to billions of people within minutes. Yet for the paranormal we have set the bar at horrible audio only recordings that make the stuff I grew up with in the 70's look like NSA.

I will tell you I do not believe in Big Foot, but there is a poster on here called Versatile that speaks of it and when he posts I WANT to believe. He seems to be a good person that I am sure I would like to hang around with. He may be right, I may be wrong. He has NEVER insulted me or anyone else I can remember because they do not believe him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2017, 03:51 PM
 
97 posts, read 40,500 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
I told you a couple of pages ago that I was not the person you should be speaking to and you wished to continue.
the word "belief" is a relative term. I could name a trillion things I believe in that I can't see with the naked eye. I was under the impression you could offer ample dialogue, amble debate on the subject matter - I'm sure you're conveniently leaving stuff or just ignoring it entirely.

1. previous statement
2. witnesses to phenomena
3. statement from other teams - their witness account
4. findings. EVP is just but one, readings, videos of objects thrown, apparition, etc.
5. More- too many to name here

Why is knowledge of this phenomena beneficial when trying to engage if stuff is real or not

Poltergeist phenomena have been reported over centuries. The first documented case happened in and around 800 A.D.
every case regardless of the continent its on have 5 Key similarities. Between 7 to 10 indirect similarities.

1. Objects thrown (usually the same objects Ex. Rocks)
a) Objects moving, b) Levitation c) Zig Zag phenomena
2. Appearing / Disappearing Objects (usually in the begin phases, Phase 1 of the activity).
3. Loud Bangs - Hence its name "Noisy Ghost" truth be told a "Geist" is not a Ghost, but I digress
the loud bang noise is its own unique phenomena - i.e. Rapping
4. Fire - Spontaneous, abrupt, usually in and around a person
5. Inexplicable Wall Writings

these are the main similarities between Case 1 and Case 100,000 over a period of centuries. Each independent of the other. Others exist but these are the main ones. Every Poltergeist case for the most part has these 5 things. North, South, East, and West. 5 continents. Some more than others. Have fake cases been reported? Of course. The percentage of fake cases reported compared to the number of case numbers around 3%. It's believe most cases don't ever get reported, I can attest to that being true. I had to go out and find the previous tenant. Most people just move vs. report it for fear of being accused of being fake or attention seeking. Same thing I'm accused - but oh well.





Either way it makes a back in forth pointless.


Quote:
He has NEVER insulted me or anyone else I can remember because they do not believe him.
When you say my reason for sharing info, my reason for posting here is simply for a book deal you're insulting as well.
This is a paranormal , unexplained-mysterious forum where am I suppose to go with info, with my experience?

Its OK to ask questions, but they at least need to be in the same ball park with the words interests and growth. You have a better chance of seeing if I was real or legit if you understood the phenomena better.

VS. Thinking I have some sort of agenda.


No growth can come from viewing through the prism that everybody with a ghost story is either faking it, attention seeking or book deal seeking.

So yeah, we agree to disagree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2017, 09:18 AM
 
44 posts, read 32,675 times
Reputation: 178
Looking at my past posts, surely no one can accuse me of being a skeptic. I am well versed on the subject of the paranormal. Not only have I read many books on the subject, but I also have my own personal experiences to draw upon. I saw my first apparition as a young child. What began as fear, became curiosity, and eventually a passion.

Instead of refuting EVPs, or simply claiming EVPs are real because I am a "believer", I have researched, studied, and now record EVPs. Clear EVPs do exist and some examples are posted on the Internet . . . along with the bad, the fabricated, and the false positives. So of course it's wise to have some skepticism. Especially when reviewing anything presented by a stranger, rather it's EVPs, or claims of paranormal activity.

I have been aware of, and have reviewed some of Macqdor's videos, EVPs, and pics from the very beginning when he first popped up on the scene with his claims of poltergeist activity. IMO, the poltergeist activity that Macqdor presents us with is the classic Hollywood movie type poltergeist.

I would love to give more details of everything I find wrong with Macqdor's poltergeist tale, but I don't want to give him the correct information so that he can refine his story. Let's just say that . . . Hollywood over dramatizes their portrayal of the paranormal, which makes it easy to spot a copycat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top