U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 05:25 PM

687 posts, read 366,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Agree
Our intuition comes from that part of us that's connected to All That Is.

I'm a clearer of negative entities & am often called by people who think they have a resident spirit.
Often they're picking up the negative energy from past inhabitants. (This is where the 'house warming' party idea originated. Designed to blast out previous energies & replace with the positive.)

Physical objects absorb energy. It's why many will feel bad vibes in old hospitals, prisons & mental institutions. I've heard many stories of people bursting into tears when they walk into buildings in old concentration camps. The energies of pain, helplessness, fear, neglect, sorrow etc. can be overwhelming.
I suspect this is why most of these buildings are demolished.

When I was in hospital many years back, I was being wheeled past the old cancer ward that had been decommissioned & now empty. The feeling of pain, fear & helplessness was so strong, even though I was very ill & in a lot of pain myself, I surmised it's past use & said to the nurse pushing my wheelchair "That's the old oncology ward, right?" As all the signs had been removed & she was blown away that I knew & kept asking how did I know?
I wanted to know how she couldn't feel the energy herself, it was that intense. Ugh, I really don't like being in hospitals. The older they are the stronger the unpleasant vibe.
I had some new-age type friends for a while, and they did a sort of test on me. We went to a history museum where they said they wanted to show me something neat. As we went through, we walked into this large room and I suddenly became extremely anxious and hot in the face. I must have been visibly agitated, because my friends asked, "You feel it, too?" I looked across the room and there was a Tibetan wooden statue that was over 200 years old. It was perhaps 15 ft tall, and was originally the centerpiece of a Buddhist temple (at least that is as much as I remember). I needed to leave the room immediately, feeling as if I encountered a hostile person. My friends decided they were validated that there was a "presence" by my reaction, since I am not religious or a suggestible personality, generally. They thought it was basking in the warm "energy" of the statue, but I was afraid of it and felt something was deeply wrong. I still don't know what to make of that, but it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 07:12 PM

26,166 posts, read 12,725,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat
I always think of the intuition as sort of the souls compass directing us in many ways,off feelings,good vibes,bad vibes,but can we trust it.

If you move into a place and it feels off or what have you should you move,I've felt off about some places and they were OK,other times my intuition has been spot on.Sometimes really off radar.

I like to think those gut feeling or nudges are either our own spirits or some other spirits.

What do you think.
Yes 1 should ALWAYS listen to it..... May be your spirit guide helping you along,etc.......

Old 03-13-2017, 09:46 PM

3,132 posts, read 1,172,798 times
For the first 50 years...A phrase or a story told would permeate into my life. It would be an internal nudge instinctually felt. That has since ceased...

Now I get visual imagery...And translating it is a mess!! It's like learning to spell everything backwards and then saying...Yeah that makes sense! So I meditate...And sure enough ..It unfolds...And I have that ahhh ha! Moment.
It's challenging and distraught all in one!

Sure I get the primal instinct of danger or a vibe in a room...But this imagery goes deeper in translating upcoming events or info coming thru...

Old 03-17-2017, 01:21 PM

3,140 posts, read 2,598,537 times
I trust my intuition to a point -- I factor it into my decisions along with other things. There have a number of times in my life when I've ignored a strong feeling and it led to a bad decision. Part of it is subconscious processing of data we're not consciously aware of, and subtle cues picked up from the environment (like things we pick up in our peripheral vision, smells, sounds, etc). Maybe even sensory input we're not even aware of yet. But I don't think that explains intuition 100%.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:58 PM

10,534 posts, read 17,838,527 times
Yes, I do, to a point. I don't trust it where I am usually nervous, like flying. Or going to the doctor.

But I listen to the little guy in my head most of the time. I had an experience years ago where I met a charismatic person at a party, and people flocked to him. Life of the party. He made my heart pound, like a panic attack...I needed to get away. A few months later, I found out he had committed suicide, and had been messing with things he shouldn't have been spiritually....

Good call.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:23 PM

3,737 posts, read 1,836,568 times
You have neurons in your gut... maybe they're telling you something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal