Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 07:13 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,325,500 times

Advertisements

I always think of the intuition as sort of the souls compass directing us in many ways,off feelings,good vibes,bad vibes,but can we trust it.

If you move into a place and it feels off or what have you should you move,I've felt off about some places and they were OK,other times my intuition has been spot on.Sometimes really off radar.

I like to think those gut feeling or nudges are either our own spirits or some other spirits.

What do you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 11:13 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,638,752 times
I personally need to listen to my intuition better..... When I get one of my intuitive messages, it's usually always spot on. Most times it is insignificant stuff. Always the days I think of taking my camera, but don't...I miss Taking a great photo.
Now technically, intuition, and 'gut feeling' are two different things; the are called claircognizance and clairsentience. I often get feelings that I cannot attach to anything. I might wake up with a feeling of dread, I go about my day nervous about what might happen. Maybe it's that extra caution that keeps what ever from happening.
So while, those intuitive thoughts are on the mark, my gut feelings focus are elusive.
For me, all these impressions are from within. I have had external spirits message me, but thier communication is different.
At times the two work together. I pay close attention to those as they are always leading up to something and I am thankful to be prepared for what ever it may be.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:06 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,287,886 times
Yes I absolutely trust mine. ● _ ●!

Old 01-06-2017, 03:50 PM

311 posts, read 464,787 times
Yes. I trust my intuition. When I get that feeling of nervousness, 99 percent of the time something is going on with a family member. That I may not be aware of at that time. This has been happening to me a lot lately. I almost always try to following my gut feelings.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:04 PM

403 posts, read 360,795 times
I didn't trust my intuition once and I got in some MAJOR trouble.. and I swear to myself that I will never, ever, disregard my intuition ever again.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:24 PM

997 posts, read 929,503 times
I think that is the only thing you can trust.

You examine all the evidence and weigh the pros and cons, then you consult your intuition.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:16 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,244,747 times
About a week ago I was having those feelings like somethings wrong, but everything was fine. I hate that. I totally get it and am grateful for my 6th sense but I really feel weird when nothing bad actually happened (that I know of...)
I tend to get it but don't examine enough.
Not sure if I made sense here but one thing I know is dislike of that "free-floating anxiety"!

Old 03-11-2017, 08:24 PM

6,901 posts, read 6,805,905 times
[hippie-talk]
I thought that was the whole point of these times - to awaken to our true selves. If you believe that you are more than just a physical body alive for a lifetime, then it is ALL about connecting with your spirit {or whatever you believe is the other part of you}.

Some people like to meditate daily trying to become closer to that other part of you or God/Universe/whatever. I feel that in ancient times, people were more in touch with Nature and so in these times we should be aiming to become closer to everything. Rather like the movie Avatar in fact. [/hippie-talk]

Old 03-12-2017, 05:36 PM

919 posts, read 603,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
[hippie-talk]
I thought that was the whole point of these times - to awaken to our true selves. If you believe that you are more than just a physical body alive for a lifetime, then it is ALL about connecting with your spirit {or whatever you believe is the other part of you}.

Some people like to meditate daily trying to become closer to that other part of you or God/Universe/whatever. I feel that in ancient times, people were more in touch with Nature and so in these times we should be aiming to become closer to everything. Rather like the movie Avatar in fact. [/hippie-talk]
Agree
Our intuition comes from that part of us that's connected to All That Is.

I'm a clearer of negative entities & am often called by people who think they have a resident spirit.
Often they're picking up the negative energy from past inhabitants. (This is where the 'house warming' party idea originated. Designed to blast out previous energies & replace with the positive.)

Physical objects absorb energy. It's why many will feel bad vibes in old hospitals, prisons & mental institutions. I've heard many stories of people bursting into tears when they walk into buildings in old concentration camps. The energies of pain, helplessness, fear, neglect, sorrow etc. can be overwhelming.
I suspect this is why most of these buildings are demolished.

When I was in hospital many years back, I was being wheeled past the old cancer ward that had been decommissioned & now empty. The feeling of pain, fear & helplessness was so strong, even though I was very ill & in a lot of pain myself, I surmised it's past use & said to the nurse pushing my wheelchair "That's the old oncology ward, right?" As all the signs had been removed & she was blown away that I knew & kept asking how did I know?
I wanted to know how she couldn't feel the energy herself, it was that intense. Ugh, I really don't like being in hospitals. The older they are the stronger the unpleasant vibe.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:21 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,222,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasiscakes View Post
I didn't trust my intuition once and I got in some MAJOR trouble..
and I swear to myself that I will never, ever, disregard my intuition ever again.
Yes, I think this is typical...we learn when we do not follow it...we get wet not taking that
proverbial umbrella...time and time again.
I think the intuition is many things...our Spirit Guides, sometimes our Guardian Angel, a deceased loved one..infusing our conscious mind with information.
However, since this is a Dream...there really is no time in reality; no past, no future, just the eternal
now,
our Higher Self or God within us, the All That Is or the Super Conscious Mind, the Eternal Observer knows everything always...this knowledge
'bleeds' through to our conscious mind. We then are allowing vertical knowledge...rather than linear.
Insight, psychic abilities from the Right brain come to the forefront of our awareness;
things ever so slightly hidden by a thin veil sometimes.

LOL, I read a lot.

Hippie, saintly, yogi, Eastern, Higher Consciousness talk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal