U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 09:45 PM

29,154 posts, read 28,185,732 times

Advertisements

My understanding... I open my eyes, and look at a pathway through the woods. I'm wearing a t shirt, jeans, and barefoot. The path is mossy, comfortable underfoot. It opens up to a lake, a beautiful small lake.

In the dream, it rained, and all of the rain drops were people who had died. Over the lake, there was some sort of vortex which was drawing them up to... I don't know.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 12:48 PM

8,230 posts, read 4,706,692 times
Nikola Tesla — 'What one man calls God, another calls the laws of physics."

I've been reading and watching videos by quantum physicists. In the last one I watched the author said that the mystics intuited what it has taken the scientists centuries to discover. He also made a good case for Mr. Tesla's assertion.

When you consider string theory, multiverses and other quirks of quantum physics I have a lot of hope that eventually we will have some clarification on the connection. From what is now hypothesized physics can connect the collective unconscious to inherited memory and even reincarnation.

I don't think that means that we will have any better of an understanding however. As some physicists have joked, if you claim to understand quantum physics you know nothing about it. The mystery.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:26 AM

111 posts, read 63,825 times
There's several ways one can look through this idea of a "collective unconsciousness" but there isn't a definitive and scientifically proven answer. Skeptics wouldn't like this subject on that very fact but I'm going to tackle "collective unconsciousness" with no real knowledge on the matter and with the help of a search engine. Truthfully, there does seem that a belief in a "collective unconsciousness" is widespread, although there isn't much evidence to support this belief.

First thing I used ask.com to search the term "Proof of collective unconsciousness". An article entitled, "Are we all PSYCHIC? Scientists believe that animals - including humans - have a collective consciousness." You can read that article here: Are we all PSYCHIC? Scientists believe that animals - including humans - have a collective consciousness | Daily Mail Online

This British Daily Mail article is great because it provides a history of this idea of "collective consciousness". Note that they don't call it UNconsciousness. This article seems like the singular stand-alone authority on the matter of "collective consciousness" as it is the only article that sites real observed evidence under certified scientific supervision that I could find.

Proof of a "collective consciousness" outlined within this article is evidence of species mutation and evolution across great distances where a group of a particular specie changes physically in the exact same way as another group of the same specie while either of the two groups of the same specie are never in contact with each other. Because both groups evolve simultaneously in the same manner without a physical connection to allow cross-breeding, scientists believe that there's a "psychic" connection that allows separate groups to exchange "mutation instructions". Sort of like an "evolutionary phone call".

There's also some good scientific research on psychic phenomenon within humans in this article. I suggest that you check it out as this matter of "collective consciousness" doesn't get such a serious consideration anywhere else on the internet.

My ask.com search for "Proof of collective unconsciousness" didn't reveal much else except a lot of junk sites and two threads worthy of serious attention. One of those threads was actually created right here on the City-Data message boards in 2011 and it's 11 pages long! Here's a link to that thread: Scientific proof of a collective consciousness

There's a ton of informative replies on that thread. You should check it out.

A second thread that my ask.com search uncovered was called, "Scientific evidence for collective consciousness" and it was created in 2014. Here's a link to that thread: Scientific evidence for collective consciousness | Sciforums

That thread uses that same Daily Mail article that I referenced in this reply but it also received a lot of replies.

So that was my first step, to find what evidence there was and there wasn't much. It seems this popular matter has very little serious consideration within mainstream science circles. Here on out my web search for information on "collective consciousness" gets a lot fuzzier and less scientifically reputable although quite entertaining in the hands of the psuedo-sane webtrolls that inhabit paranormal websites.

A deeper search reveals that a great bulk of the material on the internet about "collective consciousness" is quoted off Carl Jung, the world famous mind doctor as he was the one who popularized this idea. Carl Jung wasn't first to hypothesize about a "collective consciousness" but a lot of his followers would have you believe so. Carl Jung's thoughts on the idea are largely vague and unformed and he leans a lot on theory but doesn't actually delve into any scientific research and he doesn't offer evidence. Only his theorums. Read up on Carl Jung's take on "collective consciousness" if you'd like, there's a billion websites about it.

That is where serious scientific consideration for a "collective consciousness" ends. Beyond what little I'd uncovered what else is out there? My search gets sketchy and slides into the realm of paranormal mysteries.

I found a web article titled, "Ancient Aliens, the Collective Unconscious and the Quest for Meaning."
You can check it out here through this link: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-quest-meaning

Sadly, there wasn't much at all in this article about "collective consciousness" as the title suggests and the whole thing is actually a summary of a paranormal show off of the History channel. The title suggests a connection with "(space) Aliens" and "collective consciousness". That got me to remembering that a long time ago I read that these alleged "grey space aliens" have their own collective minds and totally have no understanding of individuality. So I kept searching, trying to remember where on the internet I read about the "grey alien mind collective".

My search brought me a deeply informative webpage on "collective consciousness" written by a Scientologist. There's a lot here that I was yet to read in my search. Check it out through this link: https://starlightprojects.org/blog-s...ve-unconscious

That was about where my websearch on the idea of "collective consciousness" ended as there is scant materials on the matter and of what little there is only 1% of it is scientific research. But I did remember a writer named Whitley Strieber who wrote some books on space aliens. I specifically recall that he described those alleged "grey space aliens" as possessing a "central mind collective" and this belief seems to be widespread within the space alien believer cultures.

Then, as I was about to put my "collective consciousness" websearch to rest I remembered suddenly a message board discussion some years ago where someone was claiming that they were a defecting government agent spilling top secret alien secrets. That person said that these alleged "grey space aliens" have brain chips connected to their spinal cords. Those brain chips give them access to a "mental internet" that enables them to have a massive "collective consciousness" and an instant power of super-genius without needing to learn anything.

Anyways. There's some proof, although not much, to suggest that this idea of a "collective consciousness" really does exist, and not only in humans, but in all species who have brains, even the alleged "grey space alien" species.

Do I personally believe it? I would like to and it looks quite possible. It is a fascinating idea and if it's true then I would like to know the real process of how this "collective consciousness" exists as described with a scientific scrutiny.

Last edited by LegitBusiness; 04-30-2017 at 05:17 AM..

Old 05-03-2017, 11:15 PM

4,529 posts, read 4,020,169 times
LegitBusiness -
Quote:
if it's true then I would like to know the real process of how this "collective consciousness" exists as described with a scientific scrutiny.
There have been several attempts at proving a link between organisms beyond a physical touch. Does this constitute the collective consciousness? Maybe, but many scientists have not realised the interconnectivity of all things yet. It makes their job more difficult if or when they do.

Dont ask me for papers because I am not up on scientific stuff, but I remember reading about mother rabbits who knew when their offspring were threatened out of their sight/presence and about plants which showed similar empathy when they were thought-threatened. There is even an interesting series of experiments done and reported (not officially) on Keelynet.com about a potato 'eye' (the potential new bud in potato tuber) which knew many things (such as which day it was and whether it was alone in the lab) which it should not have known - if strict scientific understanding is to be followed.

Actually, I think there is a lot out there which shows there is a linkage between all things, but whether people choose to 'see' it or not is a different matter. Those who need proof often want proof which will never be forthcoming for them because in my experience as a non-scientist, life is more than physical matter and science needs it to be repeatable and measurable - which it isnt.

Old 05-05-2017, 03:18 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,219,378 times
"A lot of people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch of unconnected incidents and things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice of coincidence that lays on top of everything. Give you an example, show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, "plate," or "shrimp," or "plate of shrimp" out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness. - Miller, Repo Man

Old 05-05-2017, 05:36 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,041,976 times
The unconscious belongs to the world of feminine darkness,intuition,and all the other yin principles,it does not belong to the masculine yang world of light and logic, we don't need to understand it through mathematics and reason but through signs,symbols,dreams and the language of the unconscious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Nikola Tesla — 'What one man calls God, another calls the laws of physics."

I've been reading and watching videos by quantum physicists. In the last one I watched the author said that the mystics intuited what it has taken the scientists centuries to discover. He also made a good case for Mr. Tesla's assertion.

When you consider string theory, multiverses and other quirks of quantum physics I have a lot of hope that eventually we will have some clarification on the connection. From what is now hypothesized physics can connect the collective unconscious to inherited memory and even reincarnation.

I don't think that means that we will have any better of an understanding however. As some physicists have joked, if you claim to understand quantum physics you know nothing about it. The mystery.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:38 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,041,976 times
That's called synchronicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
"A lot of people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch of unconnected incidents and things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice of coincidence that lays on top of everything. Give you an example, show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, "plate," or "shrimp," or "plate of shrimp" out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness. - Miller, Repo Man

Old 05-07-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
it does not belong to the masculine yang world of light and logic, we don't need to understand it through mathematics and reason
Maybe there are aspects of both out there which are valid. For example, I am sure at some level there is a way to express the Universe or collective consciousness in mathematical terms, so I shouldnt dismiss the attempts at coming to some greater understanding by those whose brains work in the logical fashion.

I agree, at our current level of understanding it does appear to be more easily interpreted through the right-brain rather than through the left brain functions, but someone somewhere may have the right grey-matter equipment for a more complete picture.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:02 PM

Check out the Kaznacheyev Cytopathogenic Effect - this experiment had two cell cultures completely separated by a thin glass/quartz window.

The right hand culture was given poison to kill it and a few hours later the left culture died with the same symptoms. This effect did not occur when there was a glass window between the two separate colonies. Glass appeared to block whatever was being 'transmitted' between the two.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:20 PM

331 posts, read 234,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
I'm 67-years old, and somewhere on Amazon is my review of Repo Man as THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE. There are at least ten quotations from Repo Man that creep into my conversations. Gotta watch it at least once a year. Harry Dean Stanton is one my household gods. Another great movie in the same vein is UFOria.

I actually bought a copy of the Repo Man script. One of my favorite lines that didn't make it into the movie, which is perhaps relevant here:
"It's all too random to be random." - J. Frank Parnell

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal