U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 05:24 PM

1,338 posts, read 554,562 times

Advertisements

Is it about what those people symbolise to us and a potential lesson to do with ourselves
Or are they about our actual relationship with that person.
I suppose it's both possibly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 06:27 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,601,748 times
Actually, that's three things. All three, I'd say, based on the dream journaling and analysis I did in clinical psych grad school.

Since dreams are often evanescent, I found I needed to keep a journal next to your bed and write down a dream as soon as I woke up. I found that I could often identify the reason for the dream by thinking back over what had been happening the previous two or three days and correlating with the themes in the dream.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:27 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,543,998 times
For those of us who believe in fairies, etc, I think that dreams are often us travelling in our spirit body, visiting 'other realms' and other dimensions. And... there is some 'evidence' for this from people who experience out-of-body travels and who document it in their books and research.

For the more down-to-earth people, they tend to interpret dreams as the subconscious mind processing the parts of our reality-life which cannot be made sense of in our 3d world.

OP, what do you believe? 'cos it sounds as if you have both feet firmly on the ground and not away with the fairies at all, at all.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:00 AM

1,338 posts, read 554,562 times
Quite the opposite I'm very spiritual, and in my tribe dreams are mostly considered communication from ancestors(ancestors includes our real ancestors and anyone divine in the spirit realm) we are given these riddles to guide and direct our way,to help us.Dreams are so wise and full of powerful metaphoric messages that I'm not doubtful about it.

but of course they also believe we have mundane dreams that rehash the day(I almost never have such dreams)

I of course agree with you that we can take flight to the otherworld when we dream too.

Still the dream I had last night I was rejecting someone and I wondered if I was not rejecting a part of myself,I'm not as into psychological interpretations as I once was but I was still interested to hear people's thoughts about the people in our dreams.

Last edited by Katiethegreat; 01-10-2017 at 12:09 AM..

Old 01-10-2017, 04:04 AM

3,609 posts, read 3,035,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
Is it about what those people symbolise to us and a potential lesson to do with ourselves
Or are they about our actual relationship with that person.
I suppose it's both possibly.
I think it would depend on if they were real or not, my sister is not an aspect if me...which brings me to; it would depend on what we were doing. Of course there's also what are these people there for? I had a dream where I killed myself and it was on purpose. I mean the dream was lucid enough that I did it. The dream took place at a mall, so all those people were nothing but "background characters." What was weird about it, was I had a Lincoln Navigator. Of course all dreams have some sort of plot, so I guess that's a factor too.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:09 AM

3,609 posts, read 3,035,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
For those of us who believe in fairies, etc, I think that dreams are often us travelling in our spirit body, visiting 'other realms' and other dimensions. And... there is some 'evidence' for this from people who experience out-of-body travels and who document it in their books and research.

For the more down-to-earth people, they tend to interpret dreams as the subconscious mind processing the parts of our reality-life which cannot be made sense of in our 3d world.

OP, what do you believe? 'cos it sounds as if you have both feet firmly on the ground and not away with the fairies at all, at all.
I see what you did there. I've got some pretty decent theories in a few dream threads around here, that I'd rather not really rehash. Sure sometimes my lil wiccan feet are far from the ground...comes with the just as validatable territory of theories and ideals.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:17 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,383,505 times
Quote:

So how do you know when a dream is you traveling? Is it something you "just know" or is there a specific sign?

Old 01-11-2017, 07:32 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,543,998 times
Quote:
So how do you know when a dream is you traveling? Is it something you "just know" or is there a specific sign?
I have to confess, I have not been aware that I have done OOB travel, but from what I read, it is like lucid dreaming but starting from a conscious state as opposed to starting from an asleep state. Everything is supposed to be crystal clear with colours more vivid etc.

Robert Monroe and others all have written about it and also called astral travelling I believe. Others on here probably know more about the practicalities than I do.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:42 AM

997 posts, read 392,617 times
That could be a part of yourself... It is complicated. I see the characters as 'guides' in a way. They interact with us in dreamland, but they are parts of ourself also.

We act things out, and the meaning isn't always relevent to our waking life, nor is it a necessarily a lesson.

Whoever you were rejecting probably was a concept. That is what I think.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:51 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,383,505 times
Quote:
I have to confess, I have not been aware that I have done OOB travel, but from what I read, it is like lucid dreaming but starting from a conscious state as opposed to starting from an asleep state. Everything is supposed to be crystal clear with colours more vivid etc.

Robert Monroe and others all have written about it and also called astral travelling I believe. Others on here probably know more about the practicalities than I do.

Well that's kind of a bummer. I guess none of my dreams would qualify then..on the other hand at least my bad dreams aren't true in another dimension.

Perhaps that means my daydreams lately would. I've been having very vivid daydreams for some time now. Part of me says it's just wishful thinking but the fact they've been so vivid when they haven't been before makes me wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal