U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 11:20 AM

4,981 posts, read 7,760,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
That mankind had seen a dinosaur to be able to carve it, and thus the evolutionary timetable should be thrown out as having any basis in reality when it was never observed nor proven to be true.
Thanks. Then you're inclined to think that the Ta Prohm carving represents a dinosaur, and thus is evidence that humans and dinosaurs have co-existed into relatively recent times. Why do you think it's a dinosaur? What kind of dinosaur? Why not some other kind of animal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 01:51 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,263,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I'm okay with the possibility of it being a representation of what they thought the fossils may have looked like as a living animal. They were an ancient peoples but there's no reason to believe they had sub-standard reasoning powers.
Stegosaurus fossils have been found in India and China, so it's certainly within the realm of possibility that fossils were found in Cambodia.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:47 PM

776 posts, read 349,925 times
http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/ima...n-for-sale.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...2M-0rV9uGzfzwA
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...r9RWL3aSnrDVKQ
As far as I am concerned, it is a jungle lizard. Probably to scale too.

We do have living dinosaurs among us. Deinos (Greek for terrible) + Sauros (Greek for lizard) = Dinosaur.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...9240859021.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/vW...X_E=-w720-h405

Old 01-14-2017, 02:53 PM

1,890 posts, read 1,243,116 times
Quote:
What if the standard you judge creationists by is really the standard that atheists should be judged by?

Use logic and reason then. How can a man depict a dinosaur when the evolutionary timetable has them extinct long before mankind came unto the scene to even see one?

The only options for those being anti-Bible is to deny this logical path of reasoning.

Those not anti-Bible but do not believe in the Bible, can accept that a dinosaur could survive an extinction level event if they even find one alive today, but that would cause a lot of problems since the extinction level event happened millions of years ago before mankind came unto the scene and thus the question; why are there not more dinosaurs then for surely they would have dominated the earth again after all those millions of years?

Then one has to conclude that the last extinction level event had to be a recent one like 4,000 years ago, since their dating methods can be way off when going past known human history. If known errant dating results have occurred within known human history like a living mollusks carbon dated as 2,300 years old dead, then there is just cause for any dating results going past known human history as being without gross error. And since there are errant dating results within human history, then one may find evidence for the global flood elusive to even prove the Biblical global flood did happen.

So the only choice is to use logic and reasoning when examining the physical evidence without trying to pound the round peg in a square hole that is the evolution theory when you consider that mankind should not be able to depict a dinosaur if they were not around to see one, thus the evolution timetable is out.
All I need to know about the bible and itís writing, is that it was written and rewritten by men. Men with an agenda. I have no problem with anyone visiting the Disneyland for creationists in Petersburg, Kentucky. This is all the evidence most believers will need.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:07 PM

11,482 posts, read 5,902,346 times
OP is trolling right? Seriously?

Old 01-14-2017, 05:28 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,769,477 times
Quote:
It would be further credited as a strong possibility if other depictions were following that particular one, but if the rest of the depictions were about the life of these people in that it was seen by the people, then it can hardly be an imaginary one done out of looking at the bones of a dinosaur.
I'm not sure I understand this.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:11 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,263,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothere1 View Post
We do have living dinosaurs among us. Deinos (Greek for terrible) + Sauros (Greek for lizard) = Dinosaur.
Calling a Komodo Dragon or what I'm assuming is a river crocodile dinosaurs is like calling a dragonfly a bug. It's more than just semantics; here are a list of the anatomical features that characterize dinosaurs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosa...mical_features

A lot of the extinct aquatic and flying reptiles that people think of as dinosaurs were in fact not dinosaurs -- just as not all insects are bugs. None of the modern reptiles meet the criteria for being labeled dinosaurs, either -- including the two in the photos.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:17 PM

6,166 posts, read 3,249,243 times
Quote:
Christianity forum will not host the topic nor will the Science forum. It seems to me that it belongs in this forum for readers to ponder or not to ponder as I reckon it shall remain a mystery to most, if not all.

It has been declared as a fact that mankind has never set eyes on a dinosaur in respect to the evolutionary timetable; and yet we do have physical evidence that only a christian site can show & prove that mankind has seen a dinosaur at one time or another as shown at this link below.

Apologetics Press - Physical Evidence for the Coexistence of Dinosaurs and Humans [Part I]

So for those that post in the science forum, and having a scientific mind, what say you for the physical evidence at that link that depictions of dinosaurs as etched, carved, or drawn by man exists?

Even the Bible describes the behemoth as a dinosaur in Job 40th chapter of its tail as a cedar which is a tree for describing the length of its tail. Therefore in spite of the errant footnotes of it being a hippo or an elephant when both of those tails are hardly the length of a tree, with these extrabiblical physical evidence of man depicting a dinosaur in one form or another, does it show a world living in denial because one aspect of the evolution theory in its timetable, supposedly puts the extinction of dinosaurs way before mankind came unto the scene to even describe one?
The Bible is a book of faith, not a history book or science book. It was written by men of faith and was never intended as a historical or scientific reference book.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:01 AM

11,042 posts, read 11,455,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie4 View Post
Dinosaurs give us oil, not chicken!

And The Revelation (to John) was a vision, given by the Holy Spirit... Genesis tells us that there were giants upon the earth.
If you don't like chicken, how do you feel about turkey? Birds are dinosaurs. Get used to it. Oil comes from plant sources, not meat. Coal is the same way, it was laid down during the Carboniferous, hundreds of millions of years before the dinosaurs.

The Revelation of John was not a prophecy, it was a history of the destruction of Jerusalem. It happened. He wrote it in code, and was very upset at Astarte, the "***** of Babylon" because he thought the Parthian Empire was going to help fight the Romans. You just can't rely on gods and goddesses to come through in a pinch.

Most of the Old Testament is fantasy, not history. Genesis was written in the 6th century BC. Everybody knows where Eden was. It was in Turkey, and still has that name today. The Creation did not happen. The Fall of Man did not happen. The Great Flood did not happen. The Exodus did not happen. The conquest of Canaan by Joshua did not happen. They made the whole thing up out of a bunch of vague tribal stories. It couldn't be that old because there wasn't even a written Hebrew language until the 10th century.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:08 AM

11,042 posts, read 11,455,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Stegosaurus fossils have been found in India and China, so it's certainly within the realm of possibility that fossils were found in Cambodia.
Dinosaurs arose when the land masses were one large continent, and survived until the continents assumed more or less their modern positions. Many species were widely distributed. It's why you find wild strawberries in both Europe and North America. The stegosaurus was one of the early dinosaurs, and could have easily walked from South America to Cambodia. They are separated by a vast gulf of time from later species like T-Rex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or