U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 06:22 AM

186 posts, read 56,741 times

Advertisements

I keep waking up in the morning to a gunshot and I think its coming from mt head but I my dreams arent even about guns and I am against guns and violence. Could this be a schizophrenia? I dont think so cause last year I was hearing sex taking place in yhe hallway but I am the only one who sleeps downstairs and then I heard growling from the inside of my room. This growling I heard many times in my room. But others in the house have experienced paranormal stuff from someone else's house like a utensil being moved across the kitchen counter on its own and things being rearranged amd footsteps and even a picture of orbs but my mom deleted it when I told her what it could be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 02:08 PM

11,507 posts, read 8,609,027 times
Exploding Head Syndrome

Old 01-20-2017, 02:25 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,185,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Just what I was going to say.

I've had this when it sounded like someone exploded a bomb next to my bed and once when it sounded like someone had thrown over a shelf full of glassware.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:13 PM

186 posts, read 56,741 times
Read it and could be possible becauae it says it can be related to dissociative disorder and I have depersonation and derealization but hearing gunshots and hallucination are not symptoms. I never heard grenades. But it doesnt explain what others I lived with have seen including objects being moved, footsteps and orbs found in a picture. What does is it called if someone hears someone having sex, a man moaning several times and clapping as its going on and even a louder and longer moaning at the end then growling coming from my room? Doesnt sound like what you guys posted. The growling happened many times last year after waking up from nightmares of being dragged off my bed by something I couldnt see but I pictured it in my dream as a male in black like a shadow but dont think it was human. I would turn on the lights in my dream using my mind but they would turn off no matter how many times I tried. When I woke up and heard growling I wasnt completly awake but other times I felt I was but pretended to still be asleep because I was too afraid.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:25 PM

1,100 posts, read 468,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerInstinct View Post
Read it and could be possible becauae it says it can be related to dissociative disorder and I have depersonation and derealization but hearing gunshots and hallucination are not symptoms. I never heard grenades. But it doesnt explain what others I lived with have seen including objects being moved, footsteps and orbs found in a picture. What does is it called if someone hears someone having sex, a man moaning several times and clapping as its going on and even a louder and longer moaning at the end then growling coming from my room? Doesnt sound like what you guys posted. The growling happened many times last year after waking up from nightmares of being dragged off my bed by something I couldnt see but I pictured it in my dream as a male in black like a shadow but dont think it was human. I would turn on the lights in my dream using my mind but they would turn off no matter how many times I tried. When I woke up and heard growling I wasnt completly awake but other times I felt I was but pretended to still be asleep because I was too afraid.
Medical science may take a guess in giving a diagnosis in explaining the various paranormal or the unexplainable in your life, but you kind of have to take it with some skepticism, because the doctors only make a proper diagnosis on what he knows in general from his medical learning and experiences rather than investigating your experiences individually in the event that it does not fall under the general consensus.

In discerning any mysteries of the paranormal or mayhap your own undiagnosed mental condition, you can eliminate the supernatural by calling on Jesus Christ to save you from it.

I have heard bodiless growlings before on a walk but it did not repeat itself as I walked with confidence with the Lord Jesus Christ being in me as I prayed to Him for protection.

I have heard bodiless cat's meow, and my aunt visiting even heard it too, but no one else did, and so same thing, and so I prayed again for help.

I have heard a church's bells playing the theme from M.A.S.H. at 3:15 A.M. and needless to say, Certain things happened where I was praying for help from the Lord at that time too.

As for awakening to sounds like a missle coming overhead and exploding at several times in my life, I had the sense that it was futuristic, but the Lord is keeping me from worrying about something tomorrow when today is the sufficient evil to be concern about as I rely on Him to provide for all my needs including taking care of me.

I trust Him as my Good Shepherd to take me at the pre tribulational rapture event before the prophetic Biblical calamity of fire & plagues comes.

Psalm 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

So maybe, what you are experiencing is a wake up call from God that the devil is about and you should seek the Lord Jesus Christ in asking Him to come and save you from those things so that you do not worry about them any more as you rest in Him as your Good Shepherd.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:28 AM

997 posts, read 394,626 times
I think the exploding head syndrome is the explanation for what you asked about.

I had not heard of that, but it is something I should know.

As for paranormal activity, that could be something you are experiencing but that can be hallucination and it is. That doesn't mean there is not an energy source that is causing you to have that 'hallucination."...

The paranormal is real, but so is mental illness. Often people who have symptoms of one type of mental illness are more sensitive to energy and truly are more sensitive.

What does it mean to you? Do you like it? Do you want it to go away? Do you want to be believed? Do you want validation?

What do you want?

Honestly, who cares if there is an orb? What does that mean? That you have evidence of something spooky?

So? Energy stuff goes on all the time and an orb in a picture is useless. I don't personally think there is anything that special about being haunted. It is quite common in one way or another.

I believe in peoples experiences but I don't know that I believe this story. It sounds confusing. It was a dream but you heard growling when you woke up?

Old 01-23-2017, 11:32 AM

19,459 posts, read 18,568,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Pretty startling when it happens. Fight or flight?

Old 01-23-2017, 09:35 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,549,858 times
It is reported when folks are leaving their body on OOBEs that some astral entities can be fairly frightening. The time when we wake up and fall asleep are the most likely times to experience this phenomena. Some places have more energy than others and where you are living might be one of those places. You and the others you mention may have detected these energies.

As Veronicka says you have to decide what you want from this situation. Life is a bunch of experiences and it is left up to you to decide what you will take from those experiences and learn from them. Once you have decided, then we might be able to help you further perhaps.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:01 AM

64,748 posts, read 54,420,796 times
Sleep apnea can cause symptoms like yours, OP. Do you find yourself getting sleepy in the middle of the day, or starting to fall asleep when driving? If you have other sleep-related symptoms, consider getting a sleep study done, as a way of diagnosing the problem.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:25 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,549,858 times
I suspect that OOBEs are what psychologists call dissociative disorder because one would have to "step outside of oneself" in order to see oneself from another perspective. I believe that OOBEs are real and not just a state of mind but I have no formal training in medicine. I believe that there really is some part of us which can be released from the bonds of the physical body so that we can travel and allow our physical self to sleep.

I dont think doctors know how to explain it so they come up with a label and because it is unusual or not-normal, they call it a "disorder". Yes, I do think you have to dissociate one part of yourself from another in order to achieve this OOBE - BUT I dont think it is dangerous to physical health and I do think it is really useful to spiritual growth.

Anyone interested should read Robert Monroe's books on OOBEs along with many other books on the same subject (and Astral Travel) by other authors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal