U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 04:36 PM

318 posts, read 188,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Hi Marble cake. I'm sorry about your husband's condition. If you will, please read the book 'Cold Case Christianity' by J. Warner Wallace. Wallace is a cold-case homicide detective who was an atheist for the first thirty-five years of his life. But he applied his skills as a cold-case homicide detective to examining the historical evidence for the claims of Christianity. In doing so he came to believe the assertions of the New Testament regarding Jesus Christ and that He was resurrected. Wallace lays out the evidence in the book in an easy to read manner, and you can come to your own conclusion.

Also, if you like, you can post a thread over on the Christianity forum and I'll be happy to talk with you further concerning the historical evidence for the resurrection of Jesus and that this life is not all that there is.
Thanks so much. I have read that book. I also love apologetics because it strengthens my faith. I have a very inquisitive mind and I'm always searching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 04:49 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,265,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
NDEs
The problem with NDEs as proof of survival is: it's a near death experience, not a death experience. We now know there is cellular activity after "death"; and we don't know what consciousness is. Even if brain waves are still, if consciousness resides in (say) the microtubule system within cells as Roger Penrose has suggested, then NDEs probably represent an altered state of consciousness rather than an ascent to a different place.

And we also know that subjective experiences of time can differ greatly depending on what's being experienced; an enjoyable three hour movie can fly by in no time at all, while 20 minutes in the dentist's chair can seem like an eternity.

What if NDEs happen in the last few fractions of a second before consciousness goes out, and it only seems like a lot of time is going by? We just don't know.

Again, it all boils down to faith. In the Christian tradition, only one human being came back from the grave other than Christ: Lazarus -- and he apparently had nothing of interest to say about the experience or at least nothing worth writing down.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:44 PM

917 posts, read 274,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I would suggest you go to your local book store, and purchase "life after life" by Raymond moody.
It will open your eyes to what happens once we leave this human existence.
I for sure know there is life after this life.

Bob.
^^^^ An excellent book.
It's interesting that Dr Moody was not a believer before that first patient told him that she'd 'died' on the operating table.
Then he started asking other patients who'd 'died' while in surgery. This, as you know, led to the book.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Has anyone had any experience with this? I've been thinking about this a lot lately because my hubby of 43 years is very sick with stage 4 melanoma. I'm thinking the end could be very near for him and I'm very sad and scared. He, on the other hand, isn't scared at all. The Christian faith promises that there is. But hearing stories is great. I have read many books on the subject, but I have never met anyone in person who actually had one.

I suppose some of the threads on this forum would suggest life beyond the grave, but oh how wonderful if we could be 100% certain that this isn't all that there is. But I guess it isn't possible to know for certain, because alternate explanations are always possible. If I knew hubby wasn't really going to cease to exist, I would be so much more comforted, even though it wouldn't be with me here.

Anyone??
Sorry your husbands so ill. Go to www.cancertutor.com & click on Dandelion root powder & read the story. The Chinese have used DRP for cancer & liver disease for thousands of years.
Also look at cannabis oil, there's some tremendous healing stories out there.

I've seen over 15 of my past lives & have helped others to see hundreds of theirs.
There's no-doubt in my mind that we live life after life. We are eternal beings.

Hope your husband isn't in too much pain

Old 03-04-2017, 05:47 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,265,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
click on Dandelion root powder & read the story. The Chinese have used DRP for cancer & liver disease for thousands of years.
Also look at cannabis oil, there's some tremendous healing stories out there.
If the OP's husband is on meds (which is likely given his age and illness), he needs to be VERY CAREFUL about using herbal preparations because of drug interactions. Yes, these are drugs. Both dandelion root and cannabis oil interfere with coumadin, for example. He should check with his medical doctors before using anything that's supposedly "natural".

Old 03-04-2017, 07:11 PM

2,705 posts, read 2,982,950 times
Quote:
In the Christian tradition, only one human being came back from the grave other than Christ: Lazarus -- and he apparently had nothing of interest to say about the experience or at least nothing worth writing down.
So that means there is nothing much to report about it? You forget that the Bible is a book which has been massaged and massaged throughout the ages by controlling priests. They get to decide what goes in there and what gets left out. Think of it as a filter system which funnels your thinking along particular lines.

There are lots of things in that undocumented part of Christian history which Jesus could have learned from the age of about 12 until when he started his ministry at about 30, so why could he not have learned about other faiths also?

However, in many, many other belief systems there ARE ways to see beyond the grave.

Legion777
Quote:
I've seen over 15 of my past lives & have helped others to see hundreds of theirs.
There's no-doubt in my mind that we live life after life. We are eternal beings.
There is the Christos Experiment (Gerald Glaskin) which anyone can do to see your past lives or maybe to experience an OOBE perhaps. All it requires is two other people and a quiet room.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:51 PM

1,428 posts, read 2,253,113 times
MarbleCakes, I too am so sorry about your husbands medical condition. I lost my husband of 31 years in August to cancer and it just sucks. We talked a lot about the after life and his coming back to me after he has crossed over and I honestly believe he has several times now. I asked him to give me signs. So far ringing the chimes has only happened one time. Might be too hard for him to do. But there have been other times I know he has been with me. Friend me here if you want and we can visit. Being I have just gone through what you are now going through. Hugs to you.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:01 PM

866 posts, read 370,946 times
Thumbs up My late wife

Quote:
Has anyone had any experience with this? I've been thinking about this a lot lately because my hubby of 43 years is very sick with stage 4 melanoma. I'm thinking the end could be very near for him and I'm very sad and scared. He, on the other hand, isn't scared at all. The Christian faith promises that there is. But hearing stories is great. I have read many books on the subject, but I have never met anyone in person who actually had one.

I suppose some of the threads on this forum would suggest life beyond the grave, but oh how wonderful if we could be 100% certain that this isn't all that there is. But I guess it isn't possible to know for certain, because alternate explanations are always possible. If I knew hubby wasn't really going to cease to exist, I would be so much more comforted, even though it wouldn't be with me here.

Anyone??
I can only say what I know or have experienced. My late wife and now my older brother are in the Afterlife now and are very much alive and well! I cannot prove this to anyone but I have spoken with them through a few Readers and my wife is often here in various ways, mostly in dreams. The experiences and contacts with the Departed or un-incarnates are many and varied but the point is that we do NOT DIE. We go into the other dimension and can come in an out of this one at will but are not generally visible to folks on this side. Some of those in Spirit can move objects and be felt but I have only had telepathic contact with my late wife but did actually speak with my brother in law shortly after he crossed over. My late wife comes around a lot and is often quite funny! If you have departed relative, I'd visit a few Readers and have a talk with you relatives and then you'll know that your hubs is going to be just fine over there.
re: I have read many books on the subject, but I have never met anyone in person who actually had one.
Visit a few Readers to get a personal experience of the Spirit life or go to a Spiritualist church where there are both Readers and folks who know all about the Afterlife. I can only say that the Afterlife is TERRIFIC!

Old 07-22-2018, 05:36 PM

2,705 posts, read 2,982,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
I can only say what I know or have experienced. My late wife and now my older brother are in the Afterlife now and are very much alive and well! I cannot prove this to anyone but I have spoken with them through a few Readers and my wife is often here in various ways, mostly in dreams. The experiences and contacts with the Departed or un-incarnates are many and varied but the point is that we do NOT DIE. We go into the other dimension and can come in an out of this one at will but are not generally visible to folks on this side. Some of those in Spirit can move objects and be felt but I have only had telepathic contact with my late wife but did actually speak with my brother in law shortly after he crossed over. My late wife comes around a lot and is often quite funny! If you have departed relative, I'd visit a few Readers and have a talk with you relatives and then you'll know that your hubs is going to be just fine over there.
re: I have read many books on the subject, but I have never met anyone in person who actually had one.
Visit a few Readers to get a personal experience of the Spirit life or go to a Spiritualist church where there are both Readers and folks who know all about the Afterlife. I can only say that the Afterlife is TERRIFIC!
Yes the Spiritualist church has helped many people BUT it is still subject to its beliefs and rituals like any other church or group.

I was a Spiritualist for 15 years and it was always interesting. The mediums heard voices/saw things I have no doubt.. I even went to seances where they had physical mediums who produced 'gifts' from spirit, although always in total darkness which was open to the possibility of fraud. I visited many readers too, Now I think many mediums will read the energy field around our bodies and give us information from there, although some may genuinely get information from the spirit world. It is difficult to tell where the information is coming from. If you are going to visit mediums, then the best way is to develop these abilities yourself and then you will have first-hand experience and not depend on others interpreting (or misinterpreting) messages from somewhere else.

You dont have to go the spiritualist/medium route. You can go the out-of-body/astral projection route which is non-religious. The Monroe Institute studies this and holds courses on OOBE development and have a lot of data on OOBEs experienced by many, many people through their techniques. You can (as you have said) read up about NDEs. I think it is interesting that what many of the NDEs describe is the same as what the hypnotically regressed people have experienced and described when they go before-birth in the books of Michael Newton and others. I do not think it is a dying brain starved of oxygen phenomena. I think these other realities can help explain many paranormal experiences people undoubtedly experience with lights, UFOs, ghosts, aliens, angels, devils, and other 'strange' unexplained phenomena of our reality.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
If the OP's husband is on meds (which is likely given his age and illness), he needs to be VERY CAREFUL about using herbal preparations because of drug interactions. Yes, these are drugs. Both dandelion root and cannabis oil interfere with coumadin, for example. He should check with his medical doctors before using anything that's supposedly "natural".
I use dandelion root powder, cannabis oil AND coumadin without any problem.
Medical Dr's (who are trained to throw around pHarmaceuticals like candy) are the last people I'd ask for advise on healing plants because most of them have no training in that area apart from being incorrectly taught that natural plants are dangerous &/or ineffective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal