U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 05:58 PM

318 posts, read 189,931 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much for that link. So the God of the Bible is man made? What about the empty tomb and the eye witnesses?

Is the soul just energy? No loving God? Bummer.

When I first started this thread my husband hadn’t past yet. He died in May of 2017. I wonder every day what he’s doing right now. But there isn’t any answer. I hope upon my death I’ll see him again. That’s what Christians believe. How disappointing if we are just like an electrical cord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 07:05 PM

5,801 posts, read 2,156,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
Thanks so much for that link. So the God of the Bible is man made? What about the empty tomb and the eye witnesses?

When I first started this thread my husband hadnít past yet. He died in May of 2017. I wonder every day what heís doing right now. But there isnít any answer. I hope upon my death Iíll see him again. Thatís what Christians believe. How disappointing if we are just like an electrical cord.
Absolutely NOT Marble cake.. Soul's energy is not like what we think of JUST electricity.. It's actually an "Essence" of one's human's spirit.... I'really trying to explain it so that you can move beyond human being base knowledge of what energy is often described as Soul.Spirit/Ethos/Nature Life/Lifeblood/core/heart as used as " Synonyms to describe.

I happen to be empathic.. as was my son ( who passed less than 2 years ago). I refrained from pursuing this.. but he did .. and actually saw and heard and dreamed .. We talked about it back then, and asked me some weird questions.. but later figured out why.. because he had taped into his father's PAST life before I even met him...

Anyway.... we often spoke..IF I pass.. I'll come back and haunt you ( LOL when being reprimanded or when he broke rules) .. BUT when he passed ( 41 yrs old) I never got tormented nor haunted nor reminded .. as i still felt connected to him ( his essence). I occasionally would ask.. let me know IF this is what you want? ( He left a mess behind..NO WILL/No Beneficiaries/2 kids ).. and my watched stopped.. and stayed stopped ... Once I get through the Courts.. the WATCH ( year later) restarted . My whole being has been focused on making sure his children are provided for.. I believe he knows I doing what he wants.. regardless of obstacles by one mother of baby ( no legal standing)..

Finally.. I think He's at REST knowing his kids ( now 15 male/ 2 going on 3 year old female) will be provided for ( Estate Funds) via the COURTS! I know I will see him once my time comes move on!!

Point of this only means that some people have extra-senses that feel/ hear/smell/see in dreams or visually things other don't. I'm no psychic.. nor am suggesting that you even believe that.. BUT some people are just more intuitive than others... I now wish, I had of nurtured that tendency, I realized as a young child.. but rebuffed/ignored/actually was scared of it all! But later in life it came threw often under stressful situations ( usually smells/sense if being hugged/dreams that included my mother and father explaining things) Often described as " Guardian Angels".. BUT, I never saw anything but FELT comfort that seemed reassure me at the time.

Believe me..It's so very difficult to explain or describe something to someone who doesn't grasp or has ever experience this. I can only say, YOU will most certainly see your beloved "Hubby" when you pass over. In your case I guess it's a "Leap of Faith" BUT, from Lyndarn.. I can only reassure you!! Keep positive.. Stages of grief often muddle perspectives.. I have my positives thoughts going your way!!!

Old 08-08-2018, 07:32 PM

Thanks for your encouraging and uplifting answer. And good wishes.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:28 AM

4,035 posts, read 3,272,161 times
Quote:

When I first started this thread my husband hadn’t past yet. He died in May of 2017. I wonder every day what he’s doing right now. But there isn’t any answer. I hope upon my death I’ll see him again. That’s what Christians believe. How disappointing if we are just like an electrical cord.
If you mean the Orch-OR article, that article is a mess. Here is a quote from a review of their own theory by Hameroff and Penrose:

Quote:
Orch OR suggests that there is a connection between the brain's biomolecular processes and the basic structure of the universe. ... We conclude that consciousness plays an intrinsic role in the universe.
(source)

That's a remarkable claim, but it doesn't have anything to do with the soul, immortality, or the existence of God, at least not directly. The Inquisitr author's claim that they've found scientific evidence for the soul is false - and I haven't found in Huffington Post a statement that he suggested consciousness might survive at the quantum level. Orch OR is a testable theory, and one that has its critics; following is a good fairly readable article on Orch-OR and Penrose by one of the critics:

Roger Penrose Discusses Consciousness

Note that Penrose is making a strong claim that consciousness is related to physical principles we don't understand - not everyday reality, not quantum reality, but something else we don't yet have a clue about. Also note that this is all about information, not energy - the soul or consciousness is not "just energy" as another poster claimed, it's information stored at the quantum (or some other unknown) level. In fact, some have suggested information is the fundamental stuff of reality - not energy or matter:

Is Information Fundamental? - The Nature of Reality — The Nature of Reality | PBS

I believe strongly that you will see your husband again, and that there is a Creator who is in the words of my own Eastern Orthodox liturgical tradition is the "only lover of mankind". But that's where faith comes in.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:11 PM

704 posts, read 229,705 times
Quote:

When I first started this thread my husband hadnít past yet. He died in May of 2017. I wonder every day what heís doing right now. But there isnít any answer. I hope upon my death Iíll see him again. Thatís what Christians believe. How disappointing if we are just like an electrical cord.
For many of us, the bible was man-made, and the christian god is not loving. In fact, with insurance - "acts of god" is a reason for some tragedy. Within the context of your thread, I perceive your loss as serious grieving so if you feel solace from your truth, then hold on to it, near and dear.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:13 PM
Status: "We're all entitled to my own opinion." (set 3 days ago)

17,429 posts, read 8,566,623 times
Marble Cake, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost a spouse to cancer many years ago and can tell you that if you pay attention, you'll get signs that will let you know your husband is still with you, watching out for you, and you'll see him again when it's your time.

Universities have been studying reincarnation with professors also studying life after death and life between lives. Even those who went into it with a scientific bias, denouncing the existence of God, have become believers.

I was raised in a Catholic household and while I've always believed in God, I've grown disgusted with the Catholic church. The church certainly did try to control the masses, including with regard to stating it was a sin to believe in things like reincarnation. But what they've preached has nothing to do with my faith and my spiritual growth and development.

You're in a state of uncertainty, which is understandable. Keep your mind open, keep educating yourself by reading, and be open to signs. You might even ask for a sign. You'd be surprised by what I've gotten when I've asked.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:39 PM

2,710 posts, read 2,987,428 times
Quote:
I was just wondering how Middletwin was so convinced we turn into energy.
Really, from a common sense point of view, if there IS anything which survives death of the physical body, then it being energy would make perfect sense to me. It would explain ghosts, angels, visions, and all kinds of things which have an effect on the human body and which we cannot explain at the moment in terms of science. It would also explain how reincarnational memories were possible too.

Many people believe in a collective consciousness (can this be God?) which would have to be some kind of energy which goes to make up everything, humans, plants, rocks, chairs, dirt, etc. Reading some books on Out of Body Experiences or Astral Travel suggests it is possible to gain this 'spirit' type of experience for ourselves and the Monroe Institute among others claims to be able to teach it too. Maybe we just need to become more sensitive to other forms of energy and then we will be able to communicate with them?

Personally, I feel that this energy many people call God is not a personalised one or one which feels emotions, but one which has a particular way of working or set of cosmic laws which keeps it fair and impartial to all believers and non-believers. To me it is ridiculous that any group claims their blob of energy is theirs alone and that is what keeps me from joining the club. It does not stop me believing in an all-pervading conscious energy though.

It is humans who need to feel emotions and I accept our existence would be much worse without them. However, many people are convinced others can cause us to feel an emotion but it is our own brain's response to an external stimuli (thought, word, or action) which causes the body to react with feelings of anger, love, joy, etc. So, in fact all emotions are generated within our own brain and we have a choice whether to allow them or not.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:00 PM

OCPAUL20, an all pervading concious energy, as in creator of the universe? Non personal. I think that refers to a deist rather than a theist. At least your saying there’s something rather than nothing. That’s very encouraging.

Thanks for all your replies. I guess we’ll never really know for sure until we die, but only what seems probable and makes sense to our human minds. For now that’s good enough for me to know there’s probably something and not just blackness after we die.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:24 AM

2,710 posts, read 2,987,428 times
Quote:
I guess we’ll never really know for sure until we die,
The only way to know for certain is to experience it for yourself as many people claimed they have using Out of Body and Astral Travel texhniques. There is also The Christos Experiment which can be done as I described earlier. There is no reason to hold this kind of belief on faith alone as humans have been doing this kind of thing through various religions and non-religious techniques for centuries. Online there are ways to do it documented for free so it does not cost much if anything at all.

However... it all depends on the individual and whether they want to risk themselves in the persuit of knowledge and I completely understand anyone who has been frightened by the orthodox religions and others warning them against finding out. It is rather like climbing mountains, some enjoy the thrill of what they might experience and some just want to stay home and keep warm.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:29 PM

3,398 posts, read 934,910 times
I believe there is an afterlife, and I have believed that for a long time. Partly from reading the near death books. But also because I (and many others) think the physical body is a machine used by the mind, or spirit, for interacting with this "physical" level of the world. The physical body and brain does not create our minds.

But I never had any convincing experience with a medium or psychic. That could be mostly because I never had many readings.

Recently the man I have loved almost all my life died unexpectedly, so I decided to have a reading with a medium. She came out with the main facts right away, mostly correct. There were wrong guesses also, but the correct information was not things she could have guessed.

And I was very careful not to provide the medium with information.

It was my sister's medium, and my sister made the appointment. She swears she never said anything about me to the medium, not even my name. Just that I was her sister.

So unless my sister is lying (no she wouldn't lie), or extremely forgetful (possible, but not too likely), the medium actually got the information from my partner. Some of it my sister didn't even know.

It was not extremely detailed and specific. But she got his basic personality, and some of the main facts regarding his death.

I believe in spirits and the afterlife, but I still have trouble believing in mediums. I still keep thinking my sister must have told her about me and my partner. But why would she? And if she did, how could she completely forget all about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal