U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2018, 07:23 PM
 
Location: PRC
2,705 posts, read 2,981,727 times
Reputation: 2454

Advertisements

You have to be aware of the fact that our subconscious mind is very smart and can access information from who-knows-where to get us answers. Some people can communicate very effectively with their subconscious mind and can gain information from it in a seemingly 'magic' way.

I believe that we all carry around an energy field which has recorded in it EVERYTHING we see, hear, feel, experience in any way in this reality. I believe it is this energy field which is the source for our life review which people report as we pass from one existence to another.

I think some people can read this energy field and pull out pieces of information for us in the form of 'readings' so, for me, mediumistic readings are not necessarily from spirit. I have been a Spiritualist for more than 10 years in the past and been to Spiritualist church regularly and loads of mediums for readings. As a result and from reading books on life after death, NDEs, Astral Projection, Out of Body Travel, etc, I do believe in life after death, but not necessarily that all readings are from spirits, some I think are from this information field around us which can also be tapped by using pendulums, Tarot, crystal balls, I Ching, etc.

You may want to consider this point of view as well as your own and see if it makes sense to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2018, 07:34 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 919,781 times
Reputation: 2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
You have to be aware of the fact that our subconscious mind is very smart and can access information from who-knows-where to get us answers. Some people can communicate very effectively with their subconscious mind and can gain information from it in a seemingly 'magic' way.

I believe that we all carry around an energy field which has recorded in it EVERYTHING we see, hear, feel, experience in any way in this reality. I believe it is this energy field which is the source for our life review which people report as we pass from one existence to another.

I think some people can read this energy field and pull out pieces of information for us in the form of 'readings' so, for me, mediumistic readings are not necessarily from spirit. I have been a Spiritualist for more than 10 years in the past and been to Spiritualist church regularly and loads of mediums for readings. As a result and from reading books on life after death, NDEs, Astral Projection, Out of Body Travel, etc, I do believe in life after death, but not necessarily that all readings are from spirits, some I think are from this information field around us which can also be tapped by using pendulums, Tarot, crystal balls, I Ching, etc.

You may want to consider this point of view as well as your own and see if it makes sense to you.
I think it's possible that mediums get some of the information from our minds, not from spirits. On the other hand, since I believe spirits are real, I think they also get it from spirits.

And a lot of what mediums say is just guessing and common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 05:35 PM
nng
 
41 posts, read 14,222 times
Reputation: 84
I believe with all my heart there is life beyond the grave for animals and humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 05:37 PM
 
3,323 posts, read 919,781 times
Reputation: 2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I believe with all my heart there is life beyond the grave for animals and humans.
There is so much evidence for it. Not so much controlled experimental evidence, but people's experiences in all times and places. It is so common for people to see and feel spirits, for one thing, and was even more common in pre-modern times. Still is common though. Can't all be elaborate hallucinations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 05:50 PM
 
380 posts, read 83,690 times
Reputation: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
I use dandelion root powder, cannabis oil AND coumadin without any problem.
Medical Dr's (who are trained to throw around pHarmaceuticals like candy) are the last people I'd ask for advise on healing plants because most of them have no training in that area apart from being incorrectly taught that natural plants are dangerous &/or ineffective.
They gave my grandpa CPD oil when he had lung cancer, and he completely freaked out. It just made him crazy anxious. He said it made him feel worse than the cancer did.

Obviously, this is anecdotal evidence, but a lot of people that are really into marijuana products seem to forget that people that don't have a tolerance built up to them or have never used them often don't like the way these products make them feel.


I never realized this myself until I quit smoking for many years and decided to get high with friends. I got so high from just 2 hits that I couldn't even hold a conversation. It made me super paranoid as well, despite the fact that it never had in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2018, 12:22 PM
 
1,092 posts, read 916,497 times
Reputation: 1653
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
They gave my grandpa CPD oil when he had lung cancer, and he completely freaked out. It just made him crazy anxious. He said it made him feel worse than the cancer did.

Obviously, this is anecdotal evidence, but a lot of people that are really into marijuana products seem to forget that people that don't have a tolerance built up to them or have never used them often don't like the way these products make them feel.


I never realized this myself until I quit smoking for many years and decided to get high with friends. I got so high from just 2 hits that I couldn't even hold a conversation. It made me super paranoid as well, despite the fact that it never had in the past.
First, I think you are trying to say CBD oil, which is a by product of cannabis processing often used by cancer patients and those with Davet's Syndrome or MS. While I realize, just as you said, that your story is anecdotal, and therefore invalid as evidence of anything, it is also highly suspect. Given that CBD oil is not psychoactive, it would be hard for it to make someone crazy or anxious. Also, as a person who is dealing with cancer for several years up to and including right now, I'm doubtful that anyone would say that CBD oil made them feel worse than cancer. It may be that he was feeling anxious and attributed that to the CBD oil, whether there was a true connection or not.

Second, People that have no experience with cannabis should always have a trusted and experienced person there with them for their first time, so that the possible paranoia can be minimized by a person they trust. There are too many stories of people that got in to trouble doing this on their own and thought they were going to die. Not having a trusted friend there is really foolhardy. Then again, if you don't like it, you don't have to use it ever again, so there's that. Apparently millions of Americans do like it, and millions more have tried it at least once.

After many years of abstinence you should have realized that trying cannabis again was essentially similar to a newby's first time. However, it also shows that either your friends were not aware of your distress, or that they are not really the friends you thought they were, because they could have helped you with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top