U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 954 times

Advertisements

In my apartment, I am finding women's black bobby pins. I always find the black bobby pins singularly, never more than one. The bobby pins are always in high visibility areas and are always found in areas where I have cleaned. The black bobby pins are always clean and new, this is the 5th time I've found this phenomena.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 11:21 PM

4,754 posts, read 3,940,346 times
Change your locks and set up a nanny cam before jumping to the paranormal.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:10 PM

3,746 posts, read 5,618,351 times
Girlfriend? Housekeeper? Stalker?.... The cat?

Old 03-14-2017, 02:23 AM

2,427 posts, read 2,804,080 times
Yes, make sure no-one comes into the apartment with them and get rid of any that you find. That way, any which appear are more likely to be 'significant'.

Do you know anyone who used to have these. I mean, some people smell particular flowers (mimosa, etc) which were a favorite flower of a person in the past, so likewise you may be witnessing the manifestation of these bobby pins.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:34 PM

649 posts, read 202,624 times
As suggested, someone could be messing with you. Changing your locks & a nanny cam are excellent ideas.
OwlKaMysts suggestion that it could be an animal is interesting. It's not uncommon for dogs/cats/birds to have a 'fetish' for certain objects.
Make sure you don't have someone messing with you & rule out that possibility first. Then I'd look at what ocpaul20 said. It does happen.

Let us know what you discover.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:59 PM

4,291 posts, read 7,264,411 times
(When I read this title, I thought it was going to be about haunted items (like dolls, etc.)

I'd find this quite odd as well & living in an apt myself, it's not easy to just change the locks just like that. Your leasing office or landlord may not allow it. Mine wouldn't unless there was some urgent or drastic situation, I'm sure.

I'd try to figure out all possibilities:

- do you live alone...if not, ask the other person if they use bobby pins & are leaving one around at times

- does a certain person visit a lot & use them? You can decrease their visits & see if you still see them

- do you have pets & if so, do they bring things in from outside?

I don't know what else it could be then. If it's quick & easy for you to set up a camera recording the location they're always found, then do that too.

Keep u s posted on what you find out! I'm curious to know.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:46 PM

10,117 posts, read 11,970,293 times
OP-Not wanting to freak you out but is there a crawlspace or some hidden spot where somone may be entering, or even living? There have been cases of homes being used this way unknown to the homeowner. Anything small out of place? Any food in the fridge disturbed or missing? Look at small details like this.

Other explanations are maybe someone made or has a copy of your key? Think about it-Superintendent, Ex love, neighbor?

A Nanny cam could reveal a lot and is worth investing in. If its not paranormal this in itself is scary.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:36 PM

12,448 posts, read 9,666,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
...If its not paranormal this in itself is scary.
What?!?!?! Scary?!?!?! They're simply bobby pins coming up out of the carpet from a previous tenant. I once had the same problem in an apartment I rented. I never did get all of them out of the carpet, and they would show-up regularly.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:29 AM

579 posts, read 303,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zksharpe View Post
In my apartment, I am finding women's black bobby pins. I always find the black bobby pins singularly, never more than one. The bobby pins are always in high visibility areas and are always found in areas where I have cleaned. The black bobby pins are always clean and new, this is the 5th time I've found this phenomena.
When you say these pins are appearing in "high visibility areas",
where exactly do you mean? Is it just the floor, or is it on
tabletops, etc.?

-

Old 03-24-2017, 11:31 AM

1,605 posts, read 834,118 times
Ever see the movie: "Gaslight"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or