U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 07:56 PM

72,030 posts, read 63,414,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I have been listening to Paulides interviews on YT (coast to coast) and it is pretty scary. And I thought ticks were a good enough reason to stay on roads and off trails!!

These are not just missing persons cases. The scent dogs often pick up NO trail. Or the body is found in a place that was previously searched. A LOT of strange things besides these.
I can't remember the source offhand, but some of his stories have been debunked. Like the ones where people were found in very out-of-the-way, impossible-to-reach places, and so forth. I got intrigued by his stories, but after looking into them in more depth, it turned out he's a very good tall-tale teller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 09:35 PM

9,134 posts, read 10,025,664 times
Bodies sometimes reappear after a long length of time; cause of death may be violent but not unearthly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96tzi

Old 01-06-2018, 05:29 PM

204 posts, read 146,393 times
I live in the mountains of NH. I just finished book on deaths in the White Mountains, 220 since the early 1800's 190 were men. A neighbor works in rescue, he said many people come up here to commit suicide on back trails and dead end roads in the northern region of the state. There is legend of a Yeti like creature living up here, but I have never spoken to anyone that has seen it. It appears many deaths are simply accidents, the mountains are dangerous places to play, especially alone. I do a lot of fishing and hiking in remote areas and try and be extra careful, but everyone makes mistakes.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:26 AM

3,914 posts, read 1,720,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Could be giant birds, possibly coming through a time portal.
I was going to say: "It's my bird!" ... Colorado seems to be frequently mentioned ...

Except I don't think there is a "time portal", although some say there is a "vortex", or several, in Colorado; like in Mesa Verde, where 1,200 Anasazi disappeared between 1275 and 1300 A.D.

There are theories of drought, warfare & environmental degradation but all the utensils & belongings were left behind. And they had lived there for centuries; many other droughts & marauding tribes had been overcome.

Recently researchers found evidence that they had sophisticated mathematical knowledge & used the Golden Ratio, (the same mathematical ratio also used at the Giza Pyramids).

And petroglyphs of mythical birds; a "monster raven" & the Thunderbird.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:17 AM

5,728 posts, read 1,400,892 times
I cannot think of his name off the top of my head, but I remember listening to a bunch of his readings, he was similar to Edgar Caycee, I think he was a reverend maybe, he goes under and answers questions about these things, its really very interesting, his answers have something to do the 'Akashic records', (not sure on spelling of that).

He did a very long session on the Missing 411, about people going missing from national parks around the world, some of them were accidents, some were animal related, like bears and mountain lions but a small percentage were caused by 'something else', he doesnt use the word 'alien or UFO' though, he refers to them as 'those in the anti grav ships'.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:57 PM

1,519 posts, read 768,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Very interesting story! I think I'm gonna get the book Stranger in the woods.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:05 PM

892 posts, read 776,583 times
I’ve wonderd if you sleep in the woods alone if sometime people get abducted while and don’t know it. One time I thought maybe it happened to me but I was homeless and probably did it myself. I slept for a little bit and I woke up and my shoes were placed neatly together down the hill a ways. I probably wasn’t but I’ve heard of a story about three guys out on a boat late at night and they kinda remember getting abducted. If we are all a little bit alien. I think we are, maybe they want to see how we are evolving or something.

It’s weird how some of the people there cloths somewhere else all neat and the body is a ways away or not around. I think it’s usually the cloths are there and there’s no body.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:16 AM

5,728 posts, read 1,400,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorupaa View Post
Iíve wonderd if you sleep in the woods alone if sometime people get abducted while and donít know it. One time I thought maybe it happened to me but I was homeless and probably did it myself. I slept for a little bit and I woke up and my shoes were placed neatly together down the hill a ways. I probably wasnít but Iíve heard of a story about three guys out on a boat late at night and they kinda remember getting abducted. If we are all a little bit alien. I think we are, maybe they want to see how we are evolving or something.

Itís weird how some of the people there cloths somewhere else all neat and the body is a ways away or not around. I think itís usually the cloths are there and thereís no body.
I read something awhile back from the late Harvard professor, John Mack, he theorized that everyone that saw a UFO in the sky, had more than likely, been abducted, and they just cannot access the memory of it.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:54 PM

4,100 posts, read 1,365,741 times
I'd have to say, based on some time spent in SAR and listening to the veteran guys stories, that there are no good reasons to involve supernatural forces for disappearances in national parks (or anywhere, for that matter).

Look there are plenty of perfectly normal causes: People get lost, they slip and fall, they get attacked by predators, they have heart attacks, strokes, or embolisms....and if they are alone when the end comes, they may never be located.

Especially people who are sick or injured...who will, like any animal...seek shelter, in which they will expire...thus their remains are concealed. Scavengers, decomposition, and weathering will scatter and degrade whatever is left. The chance of finding someone after that situation...is next to none.

Some of the disappeared have may committed suicide, in which case they may have chosen an especially concealed place in which to do it.

Others may have faked a disappearance (Law enforcement generally can figure out who is really and truly missing and who is just trying to create that impression - its actually not very common).

Lastly, but unfortunately, some surely are indeed the victims of foul play. In addition to the most common method of death by homicide (by someone known to the victim), there are also estimated to be as many as several dozens of serial killers at large in the continental US at any given time. Some may have chosen the national (and state) parks systems as a hunting ground, just because of the opportunities for concealment and surprise; the sparsely populated and lightly used parks provide a degree of isolation and privacy that is hard to come by in more urban settings.

Obviously it is hard to calculate the "relative risk" of accidental death vs intentional when the victim's remains are never located.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:24 AM

18,026 posts, read 16,330,725 times
Go to Reddit creepy encounters. It makes you wonder about taking a walk alone in the woods. I always said that if I were to carry a gun, THAT would be where I would carry one. I occasionally go into a crime ridden city and don't fear being robbed. I figure at most they'll get a few dollars from me and its public and they're more scared of getting caught than I am of getting robbed. But alone in the woods... nobody around, they may have other intentions besides robbery.
But IMO, the feds have a very good idea whats going on with these disappearances and are deliberate in not trying to stop them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal