Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 07:12 PM

22,295 posts, read 11,801,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
No argument there.

Can readings be done on-line? Or over the phone? Seems like a face-to-face would be necessary but maybe not?

Had a reading once by someone who communicated with the dead. The convincing thing for me was when she asked 'who's Ruth?'. We'd been talking about my grandmother whose name was Ruth but when I grew up, adults were never called by their 1st names by children. I never ever thought of her as Ruth and if I had ever talked to anyone about her, never referred to her by that name.

Per the bolded --- Yes, there are mediums who do readings over the phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 03:58 PM

866 posts, read 625,596 times
Talking Peace and Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
What was the experience like?
I've had many Readings and they were thrilling, loving, happy, joyous, FUNNY and very satisfying to KNOW and not simply believe that there is a magnificent Afterlife.

Quote:
What made you realize it was legit and it wasn't a scam/phony?
The Mediums had no rason to con me and my late wife and some others were absolutely themselves but much happier and wise in in that Realm.

Quote:
He told me he got "chills" from the experience and felt peace.
I always experience peace, joy and playful fun and happiness whenever I visit with my late wife or when she come to me over here.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:57 AM

19,962 posts, read 30,028,425 times
i watch jon edwards and it blows me away.... some specifics he brings up... is unexplainable,,

i think many of us are very intuitive... and if developed, yes can open whole new channels in life...

but im not sure if we are supposed to know some of these things...beyond believing....if the general population knew there was spirits around us...would we spend most too much time on them.....and not live our own lives freely???

i remember going thru a particular tough time in my life and the remote stopped working, i was half asleep on my couch with the tv on...and this show crossing over with jon edward came on...on the sci fi channel......i was in tears...i was blown away at this...

Old 07-25-2017, 11:25 AM

Talking Shame and Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
but im not sure if we are supposed to know some of these things...beyond believing....if the general population knew there was spirits around us...would we spend most too much time on them.....and not live our own lives freely???
Or would we live our lives mere constructively and consciously knowing that we are not alone (with our dirty little secrets) and are being WATCHED? Would the immediate presence of intelligent, benevolent and LOVING family members and relatives encourage us to do what is right or would we be frozen in Shame and TERROR and unable to go on doing "our thing"? Would a nearby witness inspire us to be responsible or cause us to FREEZE?

Old 07-25-2017, 11:30 AM

I believe that most folks fear or resent the psychic/medium side of life due to their GUILTY conscience and fear the possibility that their late mother or late spouse is now able to stand right next to them when the GUILTY person commits their dirty deeds. It's better to believe the dead are lying in a grave somewhere than to KNOW they are right here with us ALL THE TIME! LOL, and they ARE right there with you - ALL THE TIME!

Old 07-25-2017, 04:13 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,765,733 times
My wife had a medium tell her randomly that someone was trying to get through to her to get to someone she knew, and it turned out to be true. I forget the specifics so forgive my crummy story.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:16 AM

6,901 posts, read 6,804,741 times
At this point, we just do not know what information is held in our energy fields and being read by the medium. Of course, it is still valid information, but perhaps it does not prove the existence of life after we die. I think that will still require a belief.

Also I think the only way to prove it to ourselves is to learn that maybe we are more than physical beings and that there is some 'other' component to us. Once we find that, we will be able to experience the other realities for ourselves which our religious texts have been telling us exist.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:02 AM

102,066 posts, read 107,021,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Whenever this subject comes up, it seems to me like we just dont understand how the universe is put together. OK, I know it all boils down to personal beliefs in the end until we have our own personal experience of this stuff to be guided by. When we do, then we dont need to go to mediums.

It is looking as if the whole Universe is made up of energy vibrating at different frequencies and spins therefore it makes perfect sense that we are 'just' an energy body with different layers - some visible and touchable and some not. There are going to be folks who are more sensitive to these energies and who can see, feel, and interpret those feelings which is what a medium is doing. If we have an energy body then it is likely that all our experiences are recorded and contained within those layers and people who can read, see, feel, and interpret those energies will be able to relate to us what is in there.

To the bolded--why? That's quite a leap, to assume that just because our body's electrical functions produce an EM field, that our experiences, our whole history, would be contained in it. How do you explain that? What would be the science behind it? That's the crux of the matter. What's the connection between bio-electro-magnetism and information about our history of experiences?

Old 07-27-2017, 01:14 PM

332 posts, read 656,308 times
Default Where do you find reliable mediums?

These are all great stories, but, how did you locate and contact these mediums? I live in NYC and haven't a clue as to where to find a reliable one.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:45 PM

102,066 posts, read 107,021,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino1 View Post
These are all great stories, but, how did you locate and contact these mediums? I live in NYC and haven't a clue as to where to find a reliable one.
IME, the authentic ones don't advertise; they get their business by word of mouth. So doing an internet search wouldn't be helpful. Sometimes "spiritual" bookstores can refer people. If you get a referral, though, I would still try to do some background research on the internet. Did I just contradict myself? No. Because sometimes the people who leave their cards at those bookstores, or who give seminars there, are charlatans, and you can find that out pretty quickly if they have a website that's full of hype, or that lists a mentor who's a known phony, or some such. But those bookstores are a place to start.

Another place to start (I'm brainstorming here, for you), would be any ads you see around the community for workshops on developing your psychic skills. (You might find such ads at one of those bookstores, or at a community center that hosts classes of various sorts). You could contact the instructor, and ask them if they know anyone who's a bonafide medium, or who can rid your house of whatever symptoms you're experiencing in the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal