Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 01:09 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,611,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Though I am sad that your beliefs render you powerless in your own mind, that's your own business. You can command it in Christ's name too.

If you want to stop all contact from the spirit world, it is within your power whether you do it in your own name or Christ's name.

The spirit world is not allowed to cross boundaries that have been deliberately erected.

BTW, any family or friend of mine that has passed on is allowed to come to me, but only in broad daylight and in a manner that will provoke the least amount of fear. They can come at night if it's an emergency. According to family stories, my great grandmother saw her deceased husband standing at the foot of her bed and waiting for her while she was dying. I wouldn't want to miss something like that.

I do not feel personally powerless against all spirits. When I said I do believe there are different manifestations of the spirit world I meant that there are certain things I personally have the power to control and some that I can't. As to slamming the door shut just bear with me. I'm a bit upset at the moment. Spirits, entities, demons whatever label you wish to apply are at the top of my persona non grata list right now.

Stepping back a bit, the "spirit world" covers a lot. Yes, I do have personal power to erect boundaries with certain types of spirits. However, demonic forces such as what I'm inclined to think we have just been attacked by, don't respect any power but the Lords. That is what I believe. But I am far past fretting over personal beliefs in how various folks see and interact with the "spirit world". The head to head interaction relevant my situation is over. At least as far as it matters. Spiritually right now, I am just praying that God will protect my tiny little lady from any further attacks on her mind body and spirit. That I will keep the same resolve to stay by her side that I have been maintaining since the nightmare began. That her bond with her kitty will bring her back to the rest of us. ( He will be on his way to her this afternoon. He has been hereby blessed as a "therapy animal" ) I believe the effects of her being able to interact with him will be profound. And I'm anxious to see her reaction.