U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:12 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,896,326 times

Advertisements

Like what?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 04:31 PM

11,139 posts, read 8,994,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringrainN View Post
For years, I've been having rare but very memorable weird "visions" (not sure what else to call them) of places and situations I have never been in. Definitely not dreams as I have been fully awake for all of them.
I've been having similar experiences for about 15 years now (I'm 68 y.o.). I'm fully awake, sometimes doing some activity, sometimes sitting, sometimes standing, when I'll have a vision that lasts a few seconds.
It's like I'm watching a black-and-white film, always appears to be the same setting: it looks like a riverside or lakeside setting in a town or urban area, with large trees and stretches of lawn. Many people are walking around, some appear to be having picnics. They are all dressed in what - going by photos researched - appears to be clothing ca 1900-1915.

It's always a very idyllic and pleasant scene. The weather appears to be pleasant, at least no one is wearing heavy coats.
I get a strong feeling that it's an early summer Sunday afternoon, although I can't explain why I think that. Also I get an impression of midwest or northeast US. (I've never lived in those areas and only once ever visited, a brief trip to Michigan.)

Although the locale always appears to be the same, the vision are from different angles, and I see different people. A few times, someone in a nearby group turns and seems to look straight at me - even though I feel like I'm not really in the scene, just watching it like you watch a film. Once a couple of men seemed to look at me and appeared startled.

These visions have spontaneously occurred maybe 5-8 times a month, at irregular intervals. After a few years, I discovered I can sometimes generate them while meditating. That was the case the few times people "looked at me" even though I still felt like I was just observing a scene that I was not part of.

There was one notable exception to all the above - one time when instead of just observing, I seemed to be in the scene. I was sitting in a chair in my home reading a book when I suddenly felt like I was an old man sitting on a bench on a cold gray day looking at the river or the lake. I was wearing a hat and a black overcoat over a suit, slumped forward a little, possibly grasping a cane in front of me with both hands. Since it was cold, there were few people about. A boy of about 10-12 was running around between me and the water, his family was nearby. Suddenly he ran up to me and said, "Are you all right, Mister?". At that, I seemed to explode with a feeling of overwhelming love and the vision immediately ended. The whole thing lasted about 15-30 seconds.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:47 PM

2,030 posts, read 1,084,470 times
My first thought was a form of synesthesia as well. I have colored grapheme synesthesia.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:21 PM

997 posts, read 693,864 times
I know what that vision means. I get visions all the time.

the man and woman are your guardians or guides..the elephant is the symbol I am given for highest guidance. The elephant is that to me and it means 'remover of obstacles' like Ganesha. My elephant doesn't look the same...When you see the elephant that means that is being done. The path in front of you is being cleared.. Things will fall into place.

The Guardians, God/Goddess, however you look at it are like parents. They are with us always. They are different for each of us but the source is the same.

Those are common types of visions or dreams. They can appear any way but the nice man/woman image is good.

I would have thought it was a fake post because of the low post count but that is exactly what someone might see.

Noodles means brains, like using your noodle. Noodles mean that, not sure about spaghetti. I thought that meant something else. That is symbolic language and it is what I was taught.

I see visions all the time and I look for clues or answers in the little movies. I can look anytime. Knowing what they mean is a whole ball of wax.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:25 PM

102 posts, read 76,033 times
Wow!!

Of all my visions, I've only had an elephant once, but I've had a couple different animals; mostly small insects like grasshoppers though. The elephant was different than the others because it was obviously so much larger and very overwhelming in the vision. I did briefly consider the elephant may have been connected to Ganesh, but was not sure.

How many guardians or gods can one have? In most of my visions, I'm alone; this was the only one with two people.
Could you have any idea of why we all had blonde hair? Like I said, my parents and I all have very dark hair. That stumped me a lot.

Definitely not a fake post, I'm just new here

So the spaghetti could have led my brain to start working that way?

This is very interesting stuff.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:24 AM

6,925 posts, read 8,629,407 times
I usually get"visions" as a result of people disappearing.
Not all the time, but more than 3/4ths of the time, I see where they are, and what happened to them.
When I watch the news, and someone comes up missing, I see that person,and the circumstances surrounding their disappearance.
My vision has been correct more times than incorrect.

One troubling incident recently here in Los Angeles involved a 10 year old boy who has been missing now for two months.
His father had joint custody of the child, and had him over a weekend.
The boy was not returned to it's mother, and the next morning the father was found in a local park sleeping in his car, but no sign of the boy, and to date , nothing.

Police said his vehicle was doused with gasoline, but was not incinerated.
When I heard that, my feeling was, the man presumably killed his son,rather than return it to his x wife, and wanted to commit suicide, but highly intoxicated, he fell asleep.

I have tried to hone in on this missing youngster, but all I am getting is a recurring thought about a small lagoon about 25 feet from where the dad was found in his car.
This lagoon is well hidden from the street, and the bridal trail right next to it.
I have walked my dog by this lagoon many, many times.
The water in this lagoon is deep, and I don't know what feeds this little lagoon.
It has to be the Los Angeles river, as it is right next to the river.

I usually don't get involved with law enforcement in matters like this, but with this one, I feel I should.
The South Pasadena police have searched the area, but as I said, unless you were looking for this small body of water, because of the thick brush and trees around it, one would never know it is there.
Perhaps the father knew it was there, for his car was parked only twenty five feet from it.

I first saw it about two years ago, when walking my dog.
We were walking on the bridal trail, when he spotted a squirrel.
He followed the squirrel into the bushes, and that is when I noticed this lagoon.
The brush is so thick there , I don't think one could see it from a helicopter above.
As I said,I sometimes get a vision of the person themselves, but this time it is just a recurring thought about that hidden lagoon.

Bob.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:56 AM

12,920 posts, read 14,353,526 times
Why would anyone NOT try to understand these common dream symbols from a psychological point of view? Why assume that there is something paranormal about them?

To me, waking visions are no different than dreams. I have them all the time. They are just your body and subconscious sending symbolic messages to your brain.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:53 AM

2,952 posts, read 1,949,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I usually get"visions" as a result of people disappearing.
Not all the time, but more than 3/4ths of the time, I see where they are, and what happened to them.
When I watch the news, and someone comes up missing, I see that person,and the circumstances surrounding their disappearance.
My vision has been correct more times than incorrect.

One troubling incident recently here in Los Angeles involved a 10 year old boy who has been missing now for two months.
His father had joint custody of the child, and had him over a weekend.
The boy was not returned to it's mother, and the next morning the father was found in a local park sleeping in his car, but no sign of the boy, and to date , nothing.

Police said his vehicle was doused with gasoline, but was not incinerated.
When I heard that, my feeling was, the man presumably killed his son,rather than return it to his x wife, and wanted to commit suicide, but highly intoxicated, he fell asleep.

I have tried to hone in on this missing youngster, but all I am getting is a recurring thought about a small lagoon about 25 feet from where the dad was found in his car.
This lagoon is well hidden from the street, and the bridal trail right next to it.
I have walked my dog by this lagoon many, many times.
The water in this lagoon is deep, and I don't know what feeds this little lagoon.
It has to be the Los Angeles river, as it is right next to the river.

I usually don't get involved with law enforcement in matters like this, but with this one, I feel I should.
The South Pasadena police have searched the area, but as I said, unless you were looking for this small body of water, because of the thick brush and trees around it, one would never know it is there.
Perhaps the father knew it was there, for his car was parked only twenty five feet from it.

I first saw it about two years ago, when walking my dog.
We were walking on the bridal trail, when he spotted a squirrel.
He followed the squirrel into the bushes, and that is when I noticed this lagoon.
The brush is so thick there , I don't think one could see it from a helicopter above.
As I said,I sometimes get a vision of the person themselves, but this time it is just a recurring thought about that hidden lagoon.

Bob.
I was in LA for business and saw this on the news. If you haven't yet, please contact the police. His poor mother needs to know what happened so she can get closure.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:49 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,691,930 times
synesthesia. Your wiring's crossed.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:43 PM

997 posts, read 693,864 times
People are so negative on this forum about anything outside the norm. I don't visit often. @SpringrainN, the kind of vision you got is very familiar to me. I get it.

As for being blonde haired. I don't know. There probably is a reason that has some meaning. Everything does. It doesn't sound that important to me. What is important is that you saw something that is right.

By right, I mean I get that it was accurate. I know that elephant quite well and it is a good sign. It means you are getting help with something. Things will fall into place.

I work with stuff like that. There are things that I know and other people do the same kind of work as I do and have similar themes.

There really is no difference between a dream and a vision. In a dream you are usually part of the action, acting something out. In a vision, you are usually watching a scene unfold. People dream about the same themes that they might see in a vision...The subconscious is showing you a short film or putting on a play, either way.

@foundapeanut.. I don't know. Thankfully it isn't my job to see crime scenes. Too graphic and not what I do. Some people do that. Sometimes things aren't 100% accurate down to the detail. In my world things tend to be symbolic which can interfere with exactitude. Some people can do that in quite literal ways. Nobody is 100% accurate, even if what you know what you saw or sensed matches up with what you now know.

I don't know. I know what it is like to have a strong pull and a strong idea about something, and to have had foreshadowing as I call it. Maybe you can call them and make sure they know about that little pond because you have been through the area and you thought about the crime. Likely they searched everywhere in the area, including the little pond.

You could send an anonymous tip. Write it out and send it in. They will probably trash it, but you can only do what you can do.

The truth is that it won't make a difference really. If they find the body that would bring closure but if it floated away down the stream and the body is never found then it doesn't help to have a maybe or a theory. If the boy was alive that would be a different matter. People say they want closure, but they want hope. Without proof, there is no closure.

My gift is not fun much of the time but it isn't like that. I wouldn't want to know things that would bother me.

We all do things in different ways. Some people do things in my way that I get. All I can say about that is I get it and it is important to know that you have guidance and help from the Universe. This is true. A non-experiencer cannot possibly say yay or nay. This is not an isolated vision. Many people see and report the same characters and settings and interact with them in very similar ways. It is like a crowd of people all witnessing the same event.

I am an inside seer almost exclusively. Some people see visions outside themselves, or projections or hallucinations. They can appear as real as anything. More then one person cat witness the same thing. That thing is not real in the way that material world things are real. I know people who see all kinds of things outside themselves that are like what I see inside. I thank goodness that I don't have that.

A person can be perfectly sane and functional and have these experiences. Often they won't talk about it.

A person can be not sane and have these experiences also and get all mixed up about what is real and what is not. By real, I mean physical world real.

The image that @SpringrainN reported is one that I recognize as good. That is good guidance. It is helpful. A person could see many images that could be a problem, but that is an image of very high guidance.

A person can have many guides or characters, but the image you described would be the ones you can trust. There are usually 2 guardians as I call them, the rest are characters or aspects. I don't consider them entities, rather energies that are personified but I treat them as if they are real. It think of them as energy puppets but the guardians are real, the Elephant is real in her way, she is the highest guidance in her highest animal form. She is like Ganesha..If you read about Ganesha and what his purpose is, that is pretty much the same as what the elephant means. Unfortunately you cannot trust guidance to not mislead you or mess with you so you need One who you know you can trust. That comes over time. That elephant is who you can trust.

I have one trusted guardian...The elephant is that in animal form. Everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I have to check with my own intuition to see what feels right. Never take anything at face value unless you have the feeling of simply knowing with absolute certainty that something feels right.

I didn't learn of it from reading about the hindu gods, but every culture gets the same basic lessons, but adapted to what is relevent. My culture is not the same as hindu culture so I wouldn't relate in the same way. The basic concept is similar.

They were showing you something different you could do with your mind/brain/noodle// I know noodle means brains or mind but spaghetti might mean something slightly different. I thought it did. It is a noodle so I am not sure.

You might not be able to interpret visions like that. I am good at that. If I don't understand something right away, then I just make a note of it and wait for it to make sense. It will usually later on in the proper context.

That is what happened with Foundapeanut. He saw an image way before an event took place. He couldn't do anything about it or know when or how or what that meant until much later. Trying to force something to make sense right away is a common mistake.

Last edited by Veronicka; 06-26-2017 at 03:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal