Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:36 PM

102 posts, read 101,516 times

Advertisements

For years, I've been having rare but very memorable weird "visions" (not sure what else to call them) of places and situations I have never been in. Definitely not dreams as I have been fully awake for all of them.

I once envisioned being a very young small girl (I am a female, just to clarify) in an extremely hot and arid place (I have lived in cold, wet places all of my life). I remember I was wearing a white playsuit and matching sandals when I looked down. By me were a man and a woman in their thirties with blonde hair and blue eyes (both my parents have dark hair and dark eyes). They were laughing, snapping pictures with an old-timey camera. Then, an elephant walked up, being led by two large men. Somehow I got hoisted up onto the elephant and was going for an elephant ride! It was a very carefree and happy image, but I have no idea why it happened. I've never ridden an elephant.

What really confused me about it was the timing. I was making spaghetti with Extreme Couponing blaring in the background when it popped into my head.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 10:36 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
I don't understand the music reference, but tell me; was this pleasurable music that affected you in a positive way? Do you respond well to music? I've had music trigger a spontaneous clairvoyant experience.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't understand the music reference, but tell me; was this pleasurable music that affected you in a positive way? Do you respond well to music? I've had music trigger a spontaneous clairvoyant experience.
Oops, I should've mentioned that Extreme Couponing is a reality show on TLC! My bad. But yes to responding well to music, actually! Ever since I was a toddler, I have listened to my favorite song, "Cinnamon Girl" by Neil Young, on a near-daily basis. And ever since I could remember, I have always gotten a distinctly colored mental image, if that makes sense...

It's always the same watercolor-looking mess of hot colors. Mostly shades of brownish orange, rusty red, burnt sienna. Every time I listen to that, that image pops up!

I've tried to paint it, but I'm far from an artist, lol. Even if I was, I imagine it'd be hard, if not impossible, to properly "capture" it.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringrainN View Post
Oops, I should've mentioned that Extreme Couponing is a reality show on TLC! My bad. But yes to responding well to music, actually! Ever since I was a toddler, I have listened to my favorite song, "Cinnamon Girl" by Neil Young, on a near-daily basis. And ever since I could remember, I have always gotten a distinctly colored mental image, if that makes sense...

It's always the same watercolor-looking mess of hot colors. Mostly shades of brownish orange, rusty red, burnt sienna. Every time I listen to that, that image pops up!

I've tried to paint it, but I'm far from an artist, lol. Even if I was, I imagine it'd be hard, if not impossible, to properly "capture" it.
Do you have other experiences, where certain types of music bring up an image of colors?

IDK about the vision or "memory" you had, OP, except that it's possible something auditory triggered it, or perhaps a smell that coincided with that TV program triggered it.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Do you have other experiences, where certain types of music bring up an image of colors?

IDK about the vision or "memory" you had, OP, except that it's possible something auditory triggered it, or perhaps a smell that coincided with that TV program triggered it.
Yes. Other songs do the same, but Cinnamon Girl is most notable for me because it's been happening since I was itty bitty.

That must be, I guess. Not sure why though...

Old 05-26-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Yes. Other songs do the same, but Cinnamon Girl is most notable for me because it's been happening since I was itty bitty.
You may have synesthesia. It's a condition in which your brain crosses sensory input: sounds cause visual sensations, or taste or smell cause a kaleidoscope of colors. Look it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringrainN;
That must be, I guess. Not sure why though...
Smells, especially, are known to trigger memory. Though it would be highly unusual if a smell triggered a past-life memory. My theory about why music could trigger a clairvoyant experience (a past life memory would be included in that definition, or a vision of someone else's childhood, possibly) is that music stimulates the intuitive side of the brain, which is also the seat of mystical or clairvoyant experiences.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:22 AM

Quote:
You may have synesthesia. It's a condition in which your brain crosses sensory input: sounds cause visual sensations, or taste or smell cause a kaleidoscope of colors. Look it up.
Just looked up synesthesia. It actually sounds a fair bit like me. I also visualize a color-coded "mental calendar" of the months, if that makes sense.

Quote:
Smells, especially, are known to trigger memory. Though it would be highly unusual if a smell triggered a past-life memory. My theory about why music could trigger a clairvoyant experience (a past life memory would be included in that definition, or a vision of someone else's childhood, possibly) is that music stimulates the intuitive side of the brain, which is also the seat of mystical or clairvoyant experiences.
It could be a past life memory? I have pondered that possibility briefly, but not too much. I feel like in the majority the majority of my "memories", I'm the same person. I feel like I'm the same person in each memory, but in different situations.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:20 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,569,754 times
Hmmm...I also have always pictured the days of the week in color.
Mon-white
Tues-maroon
Wed-yellow
Thurs-blue
Fri-tan
Sat-green
Sun-red
All my life. Have no idea what it means.

Old 05-27-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Hmmm...I also have always pictured the days of the week in color.
Mon-white
Tues-maroon
Wed-yellow
Thurs-blue
Fri-tan
Sat-green
Sun-red
All my life. Have no idea what it means.
Anything unusual happen when you listen to music?

Old 05-27-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
It could be a past life memory? I have pondered that possibility briefly, but not too much. I feel like in the majority the majority of my "memories", I'm the same person. I feel like I'm the same person in each memory, but in different situations.
If the Near Death Experiencers are to be believed, we are the same person from one lifetime to another; the same person recycled into a new body. You might check out some of the NDE literature. There are books by those who were revived after death, and there's also a website that collects this testimony. You might find something there that resonates with you.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-27-2017 at 02:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal