Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 10:29 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,725,069 times

Advertisements

Anymore pendulum users?

I go back and forth on my knee issue and just spent 4.5 months in hospital/rehabs with a nasty undiagnosed infection for 2.5 months. I just asked RoseAnn, should I get a knee replacement and got a negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 02:16 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
It is very easy for responsibility to be shifted from our own judgement to "asking the pendulum". Now, although it is essentially us ourselves who is producing the pendulum swing we are taking notice of, it is also highly influenced by our state of mind at each moment. So, both alternatives are us making the decision but one is easier to blame than the other perhaps. See where I am going with this?

I dont think we understand the way the Universe works in a comprehensive way so our basis for believing the pendulum is warped or incompletely understood.

=========================
OK, as an experiment. Have 5 cups with a ping-pong ball under one of them. have someone else mix them up without you looking. Without touching anything, try to determine which one has the ball underneath. That will show you whether you have a consistent pendulum reaction or not. On a good day you should be able to tell consistently which has the ball underneath. However, I doubt whether many people can do this successfully. I certainly cannot.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:56 AM

166 posts, read 170,536 times
Another pendulum user here.. I have 2 - with a quartz and a silver (blessed in holly water) ring. There was a time that i used them both quite active - mostly in "spiritual conversations" + another few "objects". However, i have found out that my pendulums sometime respond to my emotional state - so i do not rust them at 100%.
I have read somewhere, that in order to be correct there were some rituals to be practiced. Does anyone know about such things?

Old 09-06-2017, 02:59 AM

Quote:
I have read somewhere, that in order to be correct there were some rituals to be practiced. Does anyone know about such things?
Not absolutely certain, but maybe rituals direct intention and as such are useful in that way. I suspect the degree of 'truth' which is shown by our pendulum has something to do with our concentration, focus and intent to know the answer.

I do know that it makes a huge difference how questions are framed and how specific we are. Since there are no time constraints other than what we place on our questions, we need to explicitly set the time frame we are inquiring about too.

Personally, I think there is more to it than we think, so just picking up a pendulum and starting to use it may be pretty useless which is what you and I are finding. :-)

If these things really worked, then all practitioners could get the same answer. I have posed this point to the UK radionics association and got no answer so I guess either they cannot be bothered to answer me or they would find that too challenging for them. (ie: they would all get different answers)

Old 09-06-2017, 10:59 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Ritual for accuracy? Might this be referring to 'calibrating' the pendulum? That being where questions with known answers are asked to determine what sort of swing gives what sort of answer?

I have had several pendulums, and make them too. But as a user, not my thing apparently because they never seem to 'work right'. However, I gave one I made to my husband and it works for him just fine. I've never seen a pendulum be so responsive before.
I'd love to be able to work a pendulum for those quick yes and no questions and answers... But apparently I'm supposed to stick to my tarot cards.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:06 PM

I don't know what you mean "work right". How do we know what is right or wrong. Mine works good, light swings or strong swings. I don's use it every day, but I use it when I feel moved.

Old 09-14-2017, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't know what you mean "work right". How do we know what is right or wrong. Mine works good, light swings or strong swings. I don's use it every day, but I use it when I feel moved.
As I said before, a pendulum is only as good as the person using it. If you or I cannot get pretty good accuracy, then we might as well guess the answer. Work right means work correctly and accurately.

I realise you might have a lot of time, energy and cherished beliefs invested in this skill but if it does not work correctly to give you an accurate answer, then it is useless. In fact, it is WORSE than useless because it is inaccurate and may be dangerously off the mark. Surely you can see what I am saying?

Try the 5-cup test and tell us your success rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20
=========================
OK, as an experiment. Have 5 cups with a ping-pong ball under one of them. have someone else mix them up without you looking. Without touching anything, try to determine which one has the ball underneath. That will show you whether you have a consistent pendulum reaction or not. On a good day you should be able to tell consistently which has the ball underneath. However, I doubt whether many people can do this successfully. I certainly cannot.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:23 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Stay away from this stuff. it is evil

Old 09-17-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Stay away from this stuff. it is evil
Oh please, guns and politicans who push wars, are evil.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:05 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Anyone here work with a Pendulum?

Once in a while I'll use a pendulum to help me with dowsing for things. I prefer to use a clear quartz crystal.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal