U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM

27,673 posts, read 28,347,455 times

Advertisements

In the mid-1990s I went to a doctor in Ecuador (who had studied in France) that used a pendulum to help with a diagnosis. I don't think it didn't anything one way or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:58 PM

9,219 posts, read 2,988,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
In the mid-1990s I went to a doctor in Ecuador (who had studied in France) that used a pendulum to help with a diagnosis. I don't think it didn't anything one way or another.
So no one got an answer one way or the other, the pendulum just stayed in a stationary position. Didn't move to the right or left?

Old Today, 04:01 PM

9,219 posts, read 2,988,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
No-one says you should not have fun with these tools, but you need to be realistic and practical otherwise you will build up a whole raft of beliefs and associated superstitions.

Pendulums work by amplifying the small muscle movements in our arms. They are much like the dowsers forked stick which is a much more dramatic indicator of the body detecting water or whatever. By the way, I do agree that the body is a sensitive instrument fully capable of detecting stuff and indicating when it does so.

However, if you maintain the answers you get are true, then do as I suggested in post #45 and do the test. If you are satisfied that you are getting the correct answers then you need to prove it to yourself otherwise you are in danger of just deluding yourself.

Fun or not, you are using the pendulum for health-related decisions. That is dangerous, NOT fun. You need to be sensible and not use your pendulum in this way. The fact is, you will probably be tempted to use it for other people (friends, relatives, etc) which will not only make you liable for incorrect anwsers but also open you to prosecution if you give diagnoses (unless you are a medical docrtor of course). Some people, even so-called friends, turn very nasty if they think they have been wronged.

Why not use it for other things which are fun and not dangerous to yourself and others? Map dowsing, water divining, mineral divining, metal detecting, finding lost articles, etc are all fun and not personally dangerous to you or others.
I don't need preaching, I've used muscle testing and pendulum for years and I do not take it all as gospel but it's sure interesting when the outcome is as the tests proved it so. At almost 80, I know dangerous stuff like the drugs doctors push to their patients.

Old Today, 10:10 PM

2,137 posts, read 2,573,177 times
Age has nothing to do with it, nor has experience. Unless of course, you can point to tests which have some rational validity such as the ones I was suggesting. If your results are in the high percentages then it is likely you have a basis to make the claims which most users of the pendulum do.

Why should I be preaching? I am only saying that to pretend that the information you give based on what your pendulum gives you needs to be good and accurate advice and not based on results which are a load of woo.

I spent at least 3 years learning how to use the pendulum for health analysis and I eventually came to the conclusion that my skills were not up to the standard I expected.

I expect that results of testing as I described should be at least as good as chance and probably much better for the pendulum to indicate that you or I have some innate 6th sense ability to know what is good for ourself and others.

Now, in spite of your age and experience, how about facing facts and asking yourself some long hard questions about your use of the pendulum and your own body's abilities to indicate and interpret its movements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal