Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2017, 12:11 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

There are a wide array of people who believe in the concept of reincarnation. Likewise, there’s an old term – an “old soul” – that describes any young person who is wise beyond their years. For young Ryan Hammons, his story blends both of those things together.

This Boy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 01:42 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Is there a site that has the whole story on one page? It's too time-consuming to go 1 paragraph/page.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:57 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is there a site that has the whole story on one page? It's too time-consuming to go 1 paragraph/page.
This site gives a decent summary on one page:
Expert Investigates 10-Year-Old's 'Reincarnation' Claims - NBC News

It seems like we've had a thread on this before? I could be wrong about that. I've read Dr. Tucker's book so that's where I may have 1st heard about Ryan.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:50 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
That's an amazing story and believable when the little boy comments about being 61 at death .........

Old 07-06-2017, 06:28 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
Many similar stories. I enjoyed that one series that ran last year with stories of kids who went through similar. I cannot remember the name of the series or what channel it was on. The story of the Titanic designer/naval architect was particularly alluring.
I don't doubt that many of these stories are true. There is too much that cannot just be coincidence or some obscure attempt to link up past data in order to create a plausible connection.
I also remember one about a reincarnation of Anne Frank. I think it was posted on here at one time. I'm no help, I know, but it is early and I haven't had my first cup of coffee! LOL

Old 07-07-2017, 04:17 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Reincarnation is always a tricky subject for orthodox religious folks. Maybe most people on here do not subscribe to those one life beliefs and are more open to the idea of many lives. There is quite a bit of circumstancial evidence for reincarnation but ultimately it boils down to beliefs huh?

Old 07-07-2017, 11:48 AM

855 posts, read 624,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Reincarnation is always a tricky subject for orthodox religious folks. Maybe most people on here do not subscribe to those one life beliefs and are more open to the idea of many lives. There is quite a bit of circumstancial evidence for reincarnation but ultimately it boils down to beliefs huh?
With all these cases of children accurately remembering past lives, I
suspect that reincarnation is one area dealing with the afterlife on
which science can actually get a foothold. It's certainly appeared to
have been easier for people to point to a previous life, thereby
affirming the possibility of reincarnation, than it has been for them
to point to a literal Paradise or a literal Hell.

Not that the latter two don't exist; they could fill in the blanks between
earthly lives, who knows?

I don't think that a belief in reincarnation necessarily has to conflict
with any and all other, already-established, beliefs concerning the
afterlife. Personally, I think periodically reincarnating breaks up
eternity. Being in heaven all that time could get monotonous,
othewise.

Again, though, who knows?

-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal