U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 04:54 PM

51 posts, read 23,879 times

Advertisements

To clarify, we didn't know he was a witch when he came to stay. This came out later. He did not live with us very long! His stay was quite brief. We were unaware of his issues when he came to stay. That all came out later.

He is the friend of a friend of my husbands. The friend died some 20 years ago.

He is able to have a few things with him, such as personal care items, a book, coloring books, those type of things. I don't know about storage of a box of something. I believe that any box of that size would be searched before being given to him, but I am not sure if that is the policy or not. He claims that his belongings are stolen. It often turns out that he just misplaced them. He accuses everyone of theft, however, whenever something of his is missing. He tried that when he lived here, among other things.In many ways he has the maturity of a 7 year old.

The box these are in takes up space in our place. We are moving,so it has to go. Many things of his things he left here. He took his clothes with him. The altar items I hesitated tossing when I came across them. I didn't know he had them. Since they were used in magick rituals, whatever kind of magick he practiced (I want to believe it was good), I was leery to toss them. I had heard that people who toss ouija boards often have a long period of extremely bad luck and hauntings. This is why I brought up the issue of portals. This has a lot to do with why I don't burn, bury or otherwise get rid of these things. I have the ninja/Buddha. I will send that to him via FedEx as suggested. It will then be his problem. It is small enough that he should be able to tuck it away somewhere.

Too bad I can't call Aunt Clara. I always thought it would be fun to meet her. Remember her door knob collection?

Last edited by joejhere; 07-13-2017 at 05:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 05:13 PM

487 posts, read 177,930 times
Witches are very cool!

Old 08-14-2017, 02:45 PM

3,738 posts, read 5,290,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Wicca on the other hand is a pagan/new age religion that has nothing to do with Satanism or even really the supernatural. I am not a follower but it has gained some legitimacy. If this guy was not creating a legitimate and thus benevolent wiccan alter (then you can treat with respect), than he was just doing silly stuff he learned from some horror movie (then you can simply dump it in the trash).
Wicca is a religion, witchcraft is a way of life; and not all who follow the religion will do magic. There are many other religions that do not use magic that set up altars. So to say that only a Wiccan alter is to be treated with respect is not sound.
I have several altars for different purposes and I am not Wiccan.

Last edited by OwlKaMyst; 08-14-2017 at 03:03 PM..

Old 08-15-2017, 04:02 PM

14 posts, read 3,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I would pack all of it up and send it back to him. His stuff, his problem.
I agree with this person. It doesn't matter the cost. Send it back to him. That way he can't be mad at you for getting rid of it (just in case he changes his mind later) - he may do witchcraft on you. Just fed ex everything, what's a couple of hundreds of dollars - if it means a piece of mind?

Old 08-15-2017, 09:47 PM

9,344 posts, read 6,650,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejhere View Post

So, what do I do? Should I destroy the lion compact and ninja/Buddha? Send it to him? Toss out all this stuff? To add to this,one of the things in his stuff is a vintage ceramic Egyptian cat statue that I rather like. I also want the crystal plinth. It was in our home, he admired it so we gave it to him. I wish I could keep the cat statue and the plinth but I know I shouldn't. I have enough problems. I still want it, however. I am afraid they will attract something bad. Should I sell this stuff? Smash it up? The chalice, cauldron and Isis statue might sell, but as I said earlier, I am afraid to do so. Should I take this to a church and ask them to destroy this stuff? What do I do with this stuff?

As a Pagan of 20 something years and my advice is haul it to the curb if you don't believe in that stuff it holds no power over you. For most Pagans you give it power by believing in it.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:33 AM

98 posts, read 18,186 times
The best decision is to leave the alter untouched. Do not throw it away, do not break it. Keep it with all things that came with it. Then contact a person that is in the same occult field as your friend. He or she will take the altar and will know what to do with it. He or she will also probably clean your house.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:31 AM

4,705 posts, read 7,212,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejhere View Post
He is able to have a few things with him, such as personal care items, a book, coloring books, those type of things. I don't know about storage of a box of something. I believe that any box of that size would be searched before being given to him, but I am not sure if that is the policy or not. He claims that his belongings are stolen. It often turns out that he just misplaced them. He accuses everyone of theft, however, whenever something of his is missing. He tried that when he lived here, among other things.In many ways he has the maturity of a 7 year old.
So then would it be fair to say that the guy is mentally disabled or disturbed and is now located or confined at a professional facility that provides observation, care and treatment for him? Like a psychiatric hospital?

Old 08-27-2017, 05:29 PM

5,501 posts, read 4,516,289 times
Having some pagan friends, their religious "stuff" is no more dangerous or magically deadly than anyone else's, particularly if just left behind or sitting around in somebody else's place. Funny how we don't have a thread here about "how do i dispose of a Christian's crucifix?" with terror of the victim being found nailed to it or something.

Now, the PERSON... that is a different matter. But crazy comes in all religious flavors, and odds are this guy isn't "religious" anyway since an actual Wiccan wouldn't pose a threat to anyone if they followed their beliefs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiccan_Rede

Funny, it's basically the same as the Golden Rule.

Do whatever it takes to avoid the PERSON doing you harm, but don't think he's going to perform magical curses on you through his religious gear. None of that stuff really works that way, and if this guy is in a mental ward or drugged up, he wouldn't have the willpower or focus to cast a cantrip if his life depended on it.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:06 PM

4,705 posts, read 7,212,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Now, the PERSON... that is a different matter. But crazy comes in all religious flavors, and odds are this guy isn't "religious" anyway...
My guess is that the former guest is making it all up in his own mind to whatever he thinks might be ritualistic. I mean included in the stuff is a ninja figurine he calls Buddha? Looking online, there's a PVC (plastic) Japanese anime (cartoon) character called Sengoku the Buddha from an anime cartoon called "One Piece". A ceramic figurine of an Egyptian cat? And a compact with a jeweled lion? These kind of sound like items found at a thrift shop. From what the OP had said, wherever the guy is now, he's only allowed to have a few personal things, like coloring books.

Old 08-28-2017, 01:34 AM

3,738 posts, read 5,290,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Now, the PERSON... that is a different matter. But crazy comes in all religious flavors, and odds are this guy isn't "religious" anyway since an actual Wiccan wouldn't pose a threat to anyone if they followed their beliefs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiccan_Rede
No where is it stated that the owner of the altar items is Wiccan. Witch, yes, Wiccan, no... Unless I missed it somewhere in the middle of the discussion.
So... Yes, there should be a little bit of concern about the intentions of this person. However, as has been pointed out, if he is a little bit 'cookoo' and under the care of a facility, then there is little to worry about.

If CYA is the priority, I say break out the salt shaker....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal