U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2017, 01:43 AM

123 posts, read 116,666 times

Advertisements

I realize this thread is a bit late... by 16 years. And memories may be fuzzy. But I just discovered this forum and it's the ideal place to ask.

A good friend is an acupuncturist and told me a creepy story shortly after 9/11. He was at a conference for acupuncturists and one doctor got up and said that in the weeks leading up to 9/11, she began seeing a flood of regular patients with highly irregular conditions, many of them mental, others violently physical with no clear cause. The doctor speculated, after the fact of course, that perhaps these people tapped into the unconscious zeitgeist as it were and felt what was coming.

My friend said he had not noticed any changes in his patients, except his partner began waking up with hysterical nightmares for a few weeks prior to the attack, something that had never happened before or since.

So to you, especially those in the health care field, did you see any unusual changes in people's mental and physical well-being in the weeks leading up to 9/11?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 02:38 AM

8,380 posts, read 14,483,382 times
Utterly silly, and conveniently "remembered" after 9/11.

Seriously?!

Old 07-11-2017, 06:14 AM

4,949 posts, read 3,524,964 times
It is possible that it is all coincidence. There is a significant portion of the population with some mental issues, as there ALWAYS has been since probably the industrial revolution. People are lonely, seeking out the meaning of life (which can drive you insane), or react negatively to a hurried, cold world.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:05 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,896,326 times
No.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:13 PM

7,251 posts, read 4,177,317 times
Is it possible? Maybe.

In 1975, on Feb 27th, I went to bed that night. I had a nightmare about being in a subway and watching a train blow by the station into the dark tunnel and then a terrible crash and screams in the dark. I woke up that morning to hear about the Moorgate crash in London which killed 43 people and was the worst subway crash (fatalities) in London subway history. To this day I have no idea why I had that dream. I had tried to research to see if I had some sort of connection to any of the deceased, but that search faded as I never found anything.

So yeah, I think that there could have been people who could have had a premonition to 9/11.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:55 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,896,326 times
I had a parish priest who was supposed to be on that flight in the '80s that went down into the icey Potomac. He overslept at his hotel and missed the flight.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:30 PM

123 posts, read 116,666 times
It's fairly well-known that Seth MacFarlane was supposed to be on one of the planes that crashed on 9/11 but his excuse was he got drunk the night before and overslept, missing his early flight.

Well, it was worth a shot, guess after all this time I wasn't going to get much.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:14 PM

67,525 posts, read 63,014,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxan View Post
It's fairly well-known that Seth MacFarlane was supposed to be on one of the planes that crashed on 9/11 but his excuse was he got drunk the night before and overslept, missing his early flight.

Well, it was worth a shot, guess after all this time I wasn't going to get much.
I am a person who was in One World Trade Center on 9/11. I worked there for 20 years. I have had various premonitions all my life, since childhood.

9/11? Nothing. The only thing I can vaguely connect to any foresight, and it's a stretch, is that about two weeks before, I was outside on the Plaza smoking a cigarette, and I looked up at Two and thought, "I wonder how long these buildings will be here?" The thought, though, was more in line with "What is their expected useful life" than "Is anything going to happen to them."

I was there for 2/26/93, and of course if you worked there you were well aware that it was a terrorist target, but I had no inkling until the moment AA11 slammed into us that anything was imminent.

I did hear a few stories of people who did. One was a woman who had such vivid nightmares of fire and people screaming the night before that she could not sleep and called in a vacation day because she was too tired to come in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal