U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-14-2018, 12:26 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
26,198 posts, read 19,291,155 times
Reputation: 11521

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well of course Reid is not going to divulge those details, that stuff is HIGHLY classified, he would be charged criminally for revealing classified information.


Id LOVE LOVE to get a look at that Pentagon briefing though (I wonder if anyone has attempted a FOIA request for it yet?) That is something I would pay out of my own pocket to get.

You were right though, WE do not have the evidence....but THEY do.

Ultimately, if Govt spent taxpayer money to modify buildings in order to store recovered metals and other materials (that is a FACT that they did do this), and made enough progress to identify them as being a real threat that our military could not defend against...well, that answers the big question imo. There IS intelligent extraterrestrial life and it HAS come to this planet before. I would almost go as far to say that aspect of the Dec 2017 article WAS the official disclosure...without really dumbing it down and saying it outright...(if they didnt exist or we didnt have the evidence, there would be no need to modify buildings for metal or materials AND create a pentagon briefing explaining the nature/potential threat.)

The briefing itself is proof that they have the evidence also, how else would they be able to reach the conclusion about this technology and our military not being able to defend against it?
You're engaging in wishful thinking. The fact is that you don't know that ''they'' have any evidence. And until/unless they release any evidence, you won't know. Regarding the story of recovered metals and modified buildings, Robert Sheaffer, a writer and one of the leading skeptical investigators of UFOs, says,
''...what is really interesting is the statement in The New York Times story that, under Bigelow's direction, the aerospace company "modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena."

If that's true, Bigelow supposedly has actual artifacts from UFOs, Sheaffer said, "and in fact has such a large quantity that he needs to modify his buildings to accommodate them? That is just utterly bizarre. We need an explanation of exactly what buildings were modified at federal expense, and what do they contain?" he said.''

https://www.space.com/39325-us-gover...am-legacy.html
You're going to believe what you want to believe. But without legitimate evidence for all to see, it's all just speculation and wishful thinking on the part of UFO believers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-14-2018, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,790 posts, read 4,508,037 times
Reputation: 10998
Regarding the alien alloys/Bigelow connection - apparently it turns out to be misinformation (or hoax, or whatever you want to call it) originating with NYT reporters covering the story. See:

https://ufoseekers.com/2018/05/11/uf...l-alloys-hoax/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2018, 07:47 PM
 
Location: PRC
4,532 posts, read 4,027,376 times
Reputation: 4035
Quote:
You're engaging in wishful thinking. The fact is that you don't know that ''they'' have any evidence. And until/unless they release any evidence, you won't know. Regarding the story of recovered metals and modified buildings, Robert Sheaffer, a writer and one of the leading skeptical investigators of UFOs, says,

''...what is really interesting is the statement in The New York Times story that, under Bigelow's direction, the aerospace company "modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena."

If that's true, Bigelow supposedly has actual artifacts from UFOs, Sheaffer said, "and in fact has such a large quantity that he needs to modify his buildings to accommodate them? That is just utterly bizarre. We need an explanation of exactly what buildings were modified at federal expense, and what do they contain?" he said.''

https://www.space.com/39325-us-gover...am-legacy.html

You're going to believe what you want to believe. But without legitimate evidence for all to see, it's all just speculation and wishful thinking on the part of UFO believers.
From this I understand that you are trying to sow the seeds of doubt in the minds of people reading this, however, they should realise that the qualifications of these people is not in question.

The people these folk worked for, would never employ someone they could not trust. These people are experts in their field and so a statement is highly likely to be an opinion from an expert who knows what they are talking about. They know the authority they have in the eyes of their peers, their employers and their former employers too and they are in positions where they take their responsibility very seriously.

The fact that you attempt to question their opinion and destroy their credibility means you have to have some pretty fantastic qualifications yourself - which I do not believe you have. So what does that tell us? It tells us these are your opinions and they should hold no weight compared with the person who made the original statement.

However, these people also know how to say things which do not specify and which misdirect the media. Probably done to allow them to keep their secrecy oath about certain technology and materials which are used by the government to gain an edge over other countries. It is people's beliefs at fault which mean they take these statements and assume something which was not said.

Vasily, there ARE alloys which exist actually. Art Bell was sent some pieces in the post and had them analysed they are known as 'Arts Parts' and the analysis came out most interesting in terms of their composition. IIRC, there were a large number of alloys placed in very thin layers which do not naturally occur. The analysis of some of the alien implants removed by Dr Roger Leir were also of unusual alloys I believe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2018, 08:20 PM
 
5,087 posts, read 4,244,055 times
Reputation: 12546
The real question is, if aliens exist, do they tend to hang out in bars? And if so, what type of beer do they like and what teams do they root for?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2018, 09:05 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
26,198 posts, read 19,291,155 times
Reputation: 11521
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
From this I understand that you are trying to sow the seeds of doubt in the minds of people reading this, however, they should realise that the qualifications of these people is not in question.

The people these folk worked for, would never employ someone they could not trust. These people are experts in their field and so a statement is highly likely to be an opinion from an expert who knows what they are talking about. They know the authority they have in the eyes of their peers, their employers and their former employers too and they are in positions where they take their responsibility very seriously.

The fact that you attempt to question their opinion and destroy their credibility means you have to have some pretty fantastic qualifications yourself - which I do not believe you have. So what does that tell us? It tells us these are your opinions and they should hold no weight compared with the person who made the original statement.

However, these people also know how to say things which do not specify and which misdirect the media. Probably done to allow them to keep their secrecy oath about certain technology and materials which are used by the government to gain an edge over other countries. It is people's beliefs at fault which mean they take these statements and assume something which was not said.

Vasily, there ARE alloys which exist actually. Art Bell was sent some pieces in the post and had them analysed they are known as 'Arts Parts' and the analysis came out most interesting in terms of their composition. IIRC, there were a large number of alloys placed in very thin layers which do not naturally occur. The analysis of some of the alien implants removed by Dr Roger Leir were also of unusual alloys I believe.
Ocpaul, on another thread, you claim to know that there is life on Mars when no reputable scientist would make such a claim. So if there's anyone whose opinion carries no weight, it's your's.
Post #20 - ''Why do they keep bringing out this old story. One person confirms it and another denies it. Whats the point, except to keep us discussing Mars? (and some of us know there is already life on Mars.)''

Newest NASA discoveries could boost search for ancient life on Mars
There has been no verifiable evidence that aliens have visited earth no matter how much you want to believe it. And until there is, the stories are just stories. Just like Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2018, 01:23 AM
 
Location: PRC
4,532 posts, read 4,027,376 times
Reputation: 4035
Semantics. Are you trying to tell me all the guys on the Science forum are reputable scientists? Somehow I dont think so.

Yes, in my heart and from the evidence I have seen, I do know there is currently life on Mars. It is both plant life and animal life.

No, no reputable scientist would make that claim because their career would be over. However, I have often said I am not a scientist, so to me it doesn't matter and I can claim it. In my profile, I also say that these are my opinions so take it or leave it.

It is you who say you are searching for something you will probably never get - proof and we also will never get to land men on Mars, it is just pie in the sky and a sinkhole for money.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2018, 12:41 PM
 
21,028 posts, read 6,059,302 times
Reputation: 12078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You're engaging in wishful thinking. The fact is that you don't know that ''they'' have any evidence. And until/unless they release any evidence, you won't know. Regarding the story of recovered metals and modified buildings, Robert Sheaffer, a writer and one of the leading skeptical investigators of UFOs, says,
''...what is really interesting is the statement in The New York Times story that, under Bigelow's direction, the aerospace company "modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena."

If that's true, Bigelow supposedly has actual artifacts from UFOs, Sheaffer said, "and in fact has such a large quantity that he needs to modify his buildings to accommodate them? That is just utterly bizarre. We need an explanation of exactly what buildings were modified at federal expense, and what do they contain?" he said.''

https://www.space.com/39325-us-gover...am-legacy.html
You're going to believe what you want to believe. But without legitimate evidence for all to see, it's all just speculation and wishful thinking on the part of UFO believers.
This is the reason Im going to file a FOIA request for that particular Pentagon briefing this briefing should detail all of that, even the modification of the buildings, what they discovered when researching and testing these materials, etc.

Im just not sure how to go about doing this, I know all govt documents have numbers and IDs associated with them, Im trying to find out how to find the ones I am looking for. Im surprised no one has thought to do this yet, if Bigelow Aerospace received taxpayer money, what they used it for would have to be documented and by law, should be available to the public upon request.

If it was all a hoax, or wrong altogether, there shouldnt be anything extraordinary in this briefing, so no reason to withhold it or deny a FOIA request...we will see! If I suddenly go missing or stop posting on CD, you all will know the reason! LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2018, 11:19 PM
 
427 posts, read 472,995 times
Reputation: 554
I believe in Alien life on other planets. I believe all the planets at some point were earth life and had some form of beings living there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2018, 06:16 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
17,806 posts, read 14,103,775 times
Reputation: 13730
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I believe in Alien life on other planets. I believe all the planets at some point were earth life and had some form of beings living there.

The surface temperatures of the planets would not allow life as we know it: https://www.universetoday.com/35664/...f-the-planets/. Then you also have the gas giants where you do not have a solid surface until too deep to survive because of the temperatures of the interior.

At least one moon of Saturn and one moon of Jupiter are of interest to scientist (Enceladus and Europa).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2018, 06:57 PM
 
Location: PRC
4,532 posts, read 4,027,376 times
Reputation: 4035
Although our sun may be hot to us, in another dimension it could be an icy giant to those guys. Reality can be totally opposite in different dimensions.

At least some of the alien races (and possibly our military too) can pop in and out of dimensions. They can cover vast distances in a short time by perhaps bending space which means they can travel to our solar system. If they can do that, they can probablytravel into other dimensions. All speculation of course.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top